Show us yer film shots then!

I tried colouring it with a sharpie. It did improve the contrast a little bit, but made viewfinder itself way too dark...

May be I'll try again with just a very light colouring
It is only a very small part in the centre of the viewfinder window that needs to be darkened - too small an amount to make the viewfinder significantly darker.

Fish for me please. :)

During the Cornwall meet a few of us got up early and headed to Holywell for sunrise.

As usual I did my trick of overthinking the metering and exposure, and messed up! Ended up underexposing the whole image which meant that the shadows between the grass had no detail at all. I had to do a lot of work in Lightroom, but I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Nagaoka 4x5 with 150mm f/5.6 Rodenstock Sironar.
1/15 sec at f/32 with a smidgen of front tilt.
Provia 100F developed by Peak.

LF0087.jpg

Just got a couple of films back from processing at AG. They were all TRI-X which I haven't used for quite a while. The barrow wheel was taken with a Leica IIIA and 50/f3.5 Elmar, the others with a Nikomat FT2 and 50/f2 Nikkor.

Attachments

• 1308008 copy.jpg
    1308008 copy.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 1309031-2 copy.jpg
    1309031-2 copy.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 1311023 copy.jpg
    1311023 copy.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 1311030 copy.jpg
    1311030 copy.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 1310035.jpg
    1310035.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
New here. Here's one taken a few months ago with Kodak Portra 400 120 on a Bronica Zenza.

34752819661_6bb3989680_c.jpg

Most of the images taken that day were on a digital monochrom, but film seemed to layer the hills and sky much better.

New here. Here's one taken a few months ago with Kodak Portra 400 120 on a Bronica Zenza.

34752819661_6bb3989680_c.jpg

Most of the images taken that day were on a digital monochrom, but film seemed to layer the hills and sky much better.

As Nige says, welcome Steven. That is an extraordinary image that I really enjoy looking at, though I am not at all sure what it is!

Chris

It's a partly frozen waterfall, isn't it?

It is, called Godafoss, in Northern Iceland. Been there in the summer and winter, much more impressive in the winter. Someone I know had a film winter image of it displayed at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition a couple of years ago. I took a Zenza with (an impulse purchase for £240 as it had just been fully refurbished), but my M7 would have been more practical. Here's another one from the same roll, more obvious.

34752823891_003b79a3a4_c.jpg

These were shot at 1/500th, digital obviously gave a lot more options slow and fast ranging from about 5s to 1/4000th, but these came out nice with no digital processing at all.

The small scans done by AG had more colour in them, my V800 left just a hint of colour which was accidental, but I rather liked it.

Last edited:
Canon EOS 1000FN - Sigma 35-80 f4-5.6 DL - very expired Agfa HDC 100, no idea of storage so I pulled these to 64, wish I hadn't...
Most came out under exposed, I added a little contrast to these two as the colour had potential.
I wasn't going to post but inspired by PeterSpencer's Wheel Barrow above.....
R2-07564-0009co.jpg

R2-07564-0025s.jpg

Last edited:
Gin for me please. :)

Kevin, Very well framed with great depth and texture. Going to get my T Max out for a session.

Well done.

Providing the ice is not contaminated...when humans handle ice, nasty things get into it, h'mm well as long as the water is not contaminated before freezing :eek:

? I make my own ice,do you buy yours, sorry you do not it costs money. :)

View attachment 105034

Rolleicord Va and Ilford hp5+. One from the first roll of film through my Rolleicord since it was CLA'd by Miles Whitehead. It is better than I remembered.

Is that you or the camera that that you remember better? :)

Good selfie if that is what it is.(y)

Is that you or the camera that that you remember better? :)

Good selfie if that is what it is.(y)
This is a photo of one of my friends.

I meant that the results from the Rolleicord and the sharpness of the lens are better than I remembered. Until I had it CLA'd it hadn't been used for a good few years.

This is a photo of one of my friends.

I meant that the results from the Rolleicord and the sharpness of the lens are better than I remembered. Until I had it CLA'd it hadn't been used for a good few years.

Miles is a great guy,he has cla,d lots of camera,s for me and to date they have never missed a beat.(y)

Last edited:
Providing the ice is not contaminated...when humans handle ice, nasty things get into it, h'mm well as long as the water is not contaminated before freezing :eek:
Yes, and fish do all sorts of funny things in water! :eek:

Last edited:
? I make my own ice,do you buy yours, sorry you do not it costs money. :)

On tv watchdog the main coffee chains had polluted ice, anyway this problem has been going on for donkey's years and pubs and restaurants etc etc were mentioned in the past...the worst case for an upset stomach was when a bowl of peanuts were on display at the pub where everyone was dipping their hands in :eek:

...the worst case for an upset stomach was when a bowl of peanuts were on display at the pub where everyone was dipping their hands in :eek:
Salted peanuts are always sterile due to the fact they are salted.

My Boy in his 'Prom Suit' Taken by Windowlight on my Asahi Pentax Spotmatic -F and at f1.4 and f2 on the SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 'radio-active' lens I have cleared by Sunlight. Film was 10/2004 Ilford Delta 100 rated 64 ASA in RODINAL 1+50 for 14.5 Mins @ 20oC
Hughie F1.4 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Hughie f2 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I took a load of shots at a local steam rally last weekend, and I'll post a dedicated thread containg some of them in the From Film folder soon, but I thought I'd stick this one here. There's something I really like about it.

OM-1, F.Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 & HP5+.

FILM - Horsepower
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

KIEV 60 + Volna MC 80mm f/2.8 + Fomapan 200 + Kodak XTOL (stock)

Interesting shot! What's the reason for the areas of blurring - characteristics of the lens, or were you shooting through a window or something? I like it!

My Boy in his 'Prom Suit' Taken by Windowlight on my Asahi Pentax Spotmatic -F and at f1.4 and f2 on the SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 'radio-active' lens I have cleared by Sunlight. Film was 10/2004 Ilford Delta 100 rated 64 ASA in RODINAL 1+50 for 14.5 Mins @ 20oC
Hughie F1.4 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Hughie f2 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

These are great Pete. Very handsome boy. (probably takes his mums looks):rolleyes:

A few from a couple of recently developed films

Olympus Trip 35 using Poundland Agfa

R1-06628-012A by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

R1-06628-015A by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

R1-06628-020A by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And the Minolta I gave to a young lad who helped me photography an event last August

R2-06629-003A by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

R2-06629-020A by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

R2-06629-027A by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And finally a couple from Dad camera a film he forgot to get developed

R4-06631-0033 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

R4-06631-0030 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Back