Show us yer film shots then!

Well it's back to the drawing board with my 8 shot 180 deg pano. as I got my head in the way and the garage curves away when it should be straight..anyway better than the Nex 3 which doesn't like vertical shots but is ok horizontally.o_O
OM2 Vista Vivitar 24mm
OL1SpbP.jpg

Nex 3 for the digi guys to explain o_O
3yfZG2l.jpg

Well it's back to the drawing board with my 8 shot 180 deg pano. as I got my head in the way and the garage curves away when it should be straight..anyway better than the Nex 3 which doesn't like vertical shots but is ok horizontally.o_O
OM2 Vista Vivitar 24mm
OL1SpbP.jpg

Nex 3 for the digi guys to explain o_O
3yfZG2l.jpg

Were you shooting with auto white balance/exposure? You need to have full manual to shoot a panoramic on digital :0)

I almost have all of my scans back from the rolls shot in Japan. Here are a couple from Hokkaido—where we did most of our outdoors activities—and one from Tokyo.

[/url

All great, but love #1 in particular for the amazing light.

Out of curiosity, are you still using Canadian Film Lab for your processing and scanning, and if so, what's their turn-around time? Our house refurb has put my darkroom out of action, and the dust levels in here are such that I'm loathed to even take the scanners out of the boxes.

Were you shooting with auto white balance/exposure? You need to have full manual to shoot a panoramic on digital :0)

Thanks Steve....I'm a newbie with a digi, I think I put it of AV (well I dunno might have been auto :rolleyes:) but will try manual nex (pun) time...also with Canon FD glass 19mm and 24mm.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, are you still using Canadian Film Lab for your processing and scanning, and if so, what's their turn-around time? Our house refurb has put my darkroom out of action, and the dust levels in here are such that I'm loathed to even take the scanners out of the boxes.

Thanks, @FujiLove.

Yes, I am still using CFL. Turnaround times are still officially 10 working days, I think, but often scans come back before then.

Trip to London with my 'Gift' MINOLTA Dynax 500si for B&W -- it had 'over-lapping frames' on 10 shots -- I CUT the film and only 6 frames were useable, so I now have to investigate as it was 'mint' in a bag with other lenses. FILM was 10/2004 dated Ilford Delta 100 which I processed in my home-made Microphen 1+1 for 9 mins @ 20oC . As the 'DX Coding' cannot be overridden I let it rate film at 100 ASA for Microphen.
Lovers at St Paul's by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Firefighters Memorial at St Paul's by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

The Silver Way to St Paul's by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Three Balls at St Paul's by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Graduates at St Paul's by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

From my trip to Mull last summer. Cameras was my Bronica ETRs and the film was Ilford FP4 plus. Developed and scanned for me by AG Photographic.
Bronica-Edit.jpg Bronica-2-Edit.jpg Bronica-4-Edit.jpg Bronica-8-Edit.jpg

Out of curiosity, are you still using Canadian Film Lab for your processing and scanning, and if so, what's their turn-around time?

Although I process my own C41 I occasionally send E6 to The Darkroom Uk Ltd. I posted two Agfa Precisa films to them on Tuesday and the films came back today, Thursday. Since this means they must have been processed and posted the day they arrived in the labs, that's the quickest you can get with a postal service. They provide a pre-paid 1st class label to send the films in to the lab too.

Last edited:
Although I process my own C41 I occasionally send E6 to The Darkroom Uk Ltd. I posted two Agfa Precisa films to them on Tuesday and the films came back today, Thursday. Since this means they must have been processed and posted the day they arrived in the labs, that's the quickest you can get with a postal service. They provide a pre-paid 1st class label to send the films in to the lab too.

Thanks for the info Kevin. That's amazing service. I've been using a fair of slide film recently, so I'll check them out.

On the rare occasions, like now, that I need dev+scan, CanadianFilmLab will always be my 1st choice because I reckon their scanner operator/s are the absolute best in the business.

Yashica Mat 124 G & HP5+.

FILM - Cast as one by the light
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I shot nearly 2 rolls of HP5+ in Sheffield cathedral this week. There was an open evening for a local photography group which meant we were allowed to use tripods (forbidden during normal visiting hours), got access to some areas normally out-of-bounds, plus got to go up the steeple, which was pretty nice. I've got a few that I might hold back as potential shots for the FPOTY "Churches" month.

The haul of film shots from our trip to Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi etc didn't produce much in the way of interesting photos. Best I could find are these...

R1-07393-022A by Chris R, on Flickr

Street corner in Sorrento, on Vista 400

R3-07395-0029 by Chris R, on Flickr

Valley of the Water Mills, Amalfi. There was a cruise ship in and the centre of town was mobbed, but walk a few hundred yards away and it was dead quiet... mind you, also hot!

And this one I like, despite myself:

R2-07394-0009 by Chris R, on Flickr

Taken (I am pretty sure) from Ravello, looking off-shore... but what are these islands in the mistiness?

All taken with the Pentax LX, Pentax-M 35-70 lens, Kodak Portra 160 except for the first as indicated.

The haul of film shots from our trip to Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi etc didn't produce much in the way of interesting photos. Best I could find are these...

R1-07393-022A by Chris R, on Flickr

Street corner in Sorrento, on Vista 400

R3-07395-0029 by Chris R, on Flickr

Valley of the Water Mills, Amalfi. There was a cruise ship in and the centre of town was mobbed, but walk a few hundred yards away and it was dead quiet... mind you, also hot!

And this one I like, despite myself:

R2-07394-0009 by Chris R, on Flickr

Taken (I am pretty sure) from Ravello, looking off-shore... but what are these islands in the mistiness?

All taken with the Pentax LX, Pentax-M 35-70 lens, Kodak Portra 160 except for the first as indicated.

I'm off to Sorrento next year. It's not a photography trip, but I'm hoping to get some nice piccys nonetheless. :)

Here's another from my cathedral trip.

FILM - Eagle back
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

You're getting some lovely scans with that SP3000 :) I'd be interested to hear about how you find it compared to other scanners like flatbeds and the Pakon etc. How do the scans come out of the machine? Lots of work needed to balance them like other scanners, or does it manage to get the colours close to right like the Pakon? How does it deal with dense negatives? Have you given it a good test with slide film?

Bear with me! I'm a complete newbie at both photography and at film.
I've just got my first processed films back from Snap Photos of Bournemouth, from a roll each taken using a £5 Pentax Espio 115, and a Zenit E I bought in Moscow in 1980. The Zenit photos are a dissapointment mainly due to a shutter problem, but the Espio photos have delighted me. These were taken using bog-standard Fuji ISO200 film, and the Espio on 'auto'.
The colours are so much more 'alive' than I'm used to with the pictures I get from both my phone and from my cheapo Aldi digital camera. Have a couple of examples:
000028 by Gayler Family, on Flickr
000030 by Gayler Family, on Flickr
000012 by Gayler Family, on Flickr
There's a few duff ones on today's CD but overall I'm very happy. And, very happy with the service from Snap - films sent Saturday 2nd class, back this morning (Thursday).

Last edited:
Bear with me! I'm a complete newbie at both photography and at film.
I've just got my first processed films back from Snap Photos of Bournemouth, from a roll each taken using a £5 Pentax Espio 115, and a Zenit E I bought in Moscow in 1980. The Zenit photos are a dissapointment mainly due to a shutter problem, but the Espio photos have delighted me. These were taken using bog-standard Fuji ISO200 film, and the Espio on 'auto'.
The colours are so much more 'alive' than I'm used to with the pictures I get from both my phone and from my cheapo Aldi digital camera. Have a couple of examples:
000028 by Gayler Family, on Flickr
000030 by Gayler Family, on Flickr
000012 by Gayler Family, on Flickr
There's a few duff ones on today's CD but overall I'm very happy. And, very happy with the service from Snap - films sent Saturday 2nd class, back this morning (Thursday).

Welcome to the wonderful world of film :snaphappy:

You're getting some lovely scans with that SP3000 :) I'd be interested to hear about how you find it compared to other scanners like flatbeds and the Pakon etc. How do the scans come out of the machine? Lots of work needed to balance them like other scanners, or does it manage to get the colours close to right like the Pakon? How does it deal with dense negatives? Have you given it a good test with slide film?

Thanks,
These are direct scans from 120 6x9 Negatives, I have only added white borders for the look and thats all.
I have used pakon and frontiers both on 35mm and they are great machines, however for medium format you would need SP-3000 Frontier.
shoot me a msg if you need any more information or have questions i will be happy to answer them.
Regards
t

I was given a PENTAX SF-7 body by a kind Gent on The Pentax Forum UK just for the £4-40 postage. I checked it out -- like 'mint' inside so i found an 02/2006 dated 'Lloyds Pharmacy 200 ( Agfa)' film in my Fridge stash and had to over-ride the blasted DX coding by sticking some paper over the metal DX contact so it defaulted to 100ASA. I processed it myself in C41. Lens was a SMC Pentax-F 35-80mm f4-5.6.
Here I used the built-in flash
SF7 Test 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Here I used the 'manual Focus' and f8

SF7 Test 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Here I used 'aperture priority' and f5.6

SF7 Test 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Here I used 'manual' exposure and 1/125 @ f5.6

SF7 Test 07 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Here I used 'Manual' Exposure 1/250th @ f5.6

SF7 Test 08 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Here was a Test of the TTL flash metering with my Metz 45CL3 on TTL + a small Pentax Xtra Flash from rear with slave unit
SF7 Test 12 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Back