Show us yer film shots then!

LOOOOOL. Thanks Mate, good to see you still here. Who disappeared?

Thanks - I am very pleased that the light meter works, and works spot on!
Brian ….. @excalibur2

Dean …. @Strappy

Gary …. @gazmorton

to name but a few.

I can’t recall their names/ pseudos for the minute but there are several who haven’t t been around for quite some time :(

Last edited:
I'm still getting to grips with focusing but here are a few in focus shots from this week.

I might introduce a little more red into the second photo as I feel it's a bit too cold.

Camera: Praktica MTL 5B
Lens: Pentacon 50mm f1.8
Film: Fomapan 400
Mika3.jpgCam2.jpg

Union Jack Doorstop Teddy.jpg

Last edited:
Steve @steveo_mcg ?
Not seen for a while...
@Mr Badger hasn't been around for a while. I messaged him recently to say I hope all is ok but haven't had a response.
Carl @Carl Hall is another……

Perhaps Scotland has sunk and they’re on a raft somewhere ( with LF kit strapped to the mast of course !!:eek::LOL::LOL:

Édit, just realised the Carl is located at the opposite end of the country :banghead::banghead::facepalm:

Someone please post an image and put us back on track :help::sorry:

Last edited:
Carl @Carl Hall is another……

Perhaps Scotland has sunk and they’re on a raft somewhere ( with LF kit strapped to the mast of course !!:eek::LOL::LOL:

Édit, just realised the Carl is located at the opposite end of the country :banghead::banghead::facepalm:

Someone please post an image and put us back on track :help::sorry:

Thanks Asha, I am still around :)

I've not been active on the forum as I've not been using much film (I used some in Jan 2020 and then the next roll was in March 2022!), partly because the costs are crazy now but mostly because I am more into wildlife and that's obviously a digital game. I do keep visiting F&C from time to time to have a read on the latest gossip though :D

Brian ….. @excalibur2

Dean …. @Strappy

Gary …. @gazmorton

to name but a few.

I can’t recall their names/ pseudos for the minute but there are several who haven’t t been around for quite some time :(

I've seen a few old names pop up in my notifications! It does always make me wonder what happened to forum users when they suddenly stop posting / break the addiction lol. Hope they are all ok

The irony is that the angry shopkeeper was probably filming you going about your own, perfectly legal, business, on her CCTV.

She wanted my name, address and company I worked for so that she could report me to authorities. Apparently telling her that I wasn't given a name at birth was unhelpful lol

I looked out my 1975=76 era Asahi Pentax KX -- gifted from a Camera Club Mate ! He tried to sell it to Ffordes -- it was returned as 'Not Working' - I had a look -- the Aperture Activating Ring on Camera Throat was 'stuck' so I applied ONE DROP of Oil and let it go under by Capillary Action -- then pulled and it MOVED and has been working ever since ! I tried it with my SMC Pentax-M 135mm f3.5 lens also not used for a long while with 2001 dated Jessops Pan 100 again from a Deceased Camera Club member and used my home-made 510-Pyro 'Staining Film Developer' and got a few good snaps !
PS -- The CAFE one was SMC Pentax-M 50mm f1.4 lensAsahi Pentax KX.jpgJessops 510-Pyro 01.jpgJessops 510-Pyro 04.jpgJessops 510-Pyro 06.jpgJessops 510-Pyro 08.jpgJessops 510-Pyro 09.jpgJessops 510-Pyro 10.jpgJessops 510-Pyro 11.jpg

I looked out my 1975=76 era Asahi Pentax KX -- gifted from a Camera Club Mate ! He tried to sell it to Ffordes -- it was returned as 'Not Working' - I had a look -- the Aperture Activating Ring on Camera Throat was 'stuck' so I applied ONE DROP of Oil and let it go under by Capillary Action -- then pulled and it MOVED and has been working ever since ! I tried it with my SMC Pentax-M 135mm f3.5 lens also not used for a long while with 2001 dated Jessops Pan 100 again from a Deceased Camera Club member and used my home-made 510-Pyro 'Staining Film Developer' and got a few good snaps !
PS -- The CAFE one was SMC Pentax-M 50mm f1.4 lens
That Jessops film looks sharp with nice contrast

Pentax KX was one camera I've always thought worth investigating. Has the little aperture preview window, but I think has Mirror lock up and an easier shutter speed dial than the MX. OTH it's about 30% heavier, and apparently doesn't have quite as good a viewfinder. Ah well, enjoy yours!

I looked out my 1975=76 era Asahi Pentax KX -- gifted from a Camera Club Mate ! He tried to sell it to Ffordes -- it was returned as 'Not Working' - I had a look -- the Aperture Activating Ring on Camera Throat was 'stuck' so I applied ONE DROP of Oil and let it go under by Capillary Action -- then pulled and it MOVED and has been working ever since ! ......
I recently got my KX back from my daughter, loaned it to her when she was doing her photography degree. It has many memories for me. Took photos of my wife of 40 years on our first date, it survived taking photographs in factories (when I worked out of an office in Ongar) deserts, jungles, oil rigs, ships and even nuclear reactors as part of my work. If the aperture ring ever sticks I now know what to do.

The future Mrs B is the blonde one standing.

2013-02-26_20s.jpg

Same film 3 days later - the day we got engaged

Yes_day_s.jpg

Last edited:
YO !! Got my 1946 LEICA IIIc back after CLA ! now I can SEE the spot as it had a new Rangefinder Mirror and also slow speeds done .
I took some BORING buildings to test the original 1939 50mm f2 SUMMITAR then also some on my RUSSIAN 53mm f2.8 INDUSTAR off my FED 4 which beats the 1939 lens.
Here is ONE worth showing on the INDUSTAR and old 1992 FP4 bulk processed in 510-Pyro -- 1/500th @ f6.3
After CLA Test.jpg

YO !! Got my 1946 LEICA IIIc back after CLA ! now I can SEE the spot as it had a new Rangefinder Mirror and also slow speeds done .
I took some BORING buildings to test the original 1939 50mm f2 SUMMITAR then also some on my RUSSIAN 53mm f2.8 INDUSTAR off my FED 4 which beats the 1939 lens.
Here is ONE worth showing on the INDUSTAR and old 1992 FP4 bulk processed in 510-Pyro -- 1/500th @ f6.3
View attachment 350135
Looks like they've done a good job Pete, can I ask who did the CLA?

Finally some film shots from me again, been a while since I last posted, been using this wang fangled thing called a DSLR recently but got back in the film groove again.

These were all taken with my Nikon F6 and various lenses.

Kodak Gold 200 film.

F6 + Nikon 14mm f2.8
Kennelworth-3.jpg

Kennelworth-1.jpg

Old gates-2.jpg

Last edited:
I would never have believed it without the photograph!

Back