Show us yer film shots then!

Another Wentworth oddity, I remember it well. (y) Your B&W style suits this old village well, makes me homesick though I've been left since 1976 but I still call it home.

Thanks Paul.

It looks like a converted windmill, but also decorative enough thatit might have been custom built that way. Do you know anything of its history?

EDIT: Looks like it was a windmill then.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul.

It looks like a converted windmill, but also decorative enough thatit might have been custom built that way. Do you know anything of its history?

EDIT: Looks like it was a windmill then.
We used to call it the old Windmill (just assumed it was one) but it looked just like your picture back when I was in the area so if it had been a Windmill it was an old one.

My first post here.

Some from a 40 years old Olympus 35 EC compact film camera that has been lying unused for nearly 30 years. Took me a couple of weeks to get the replacement batteries with adopters since the originals are mercury type which is no longer available or legal.

Cartoos by Stan, on Flickr

Red Tin Roof by Stan, on Flickr

Stair to The Beach by Stan, on Flickr

Reto Ultrawide & Slim
Agfa Vista Plus 200 (expired 2018)

I quite like this little camera, but the viewfinder is waaay out in terms of coverage. The person on the left and the car on the right were not visible in the viewfinder at all when I took the shot.

Wicker Arches by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

You got your outing to Padley Gorge and the surrounding areas then Kevin? :)

Nice picture. I think I have at least one shot of those same millstones.
Yup, I did a side-trip en route to Cambridge on Saturday. Very bright weather so not ideal. Started to photograph the Gorge but the camera battery was dead, the camera has one manual speed of 1/400s, which isn't great for water shots so went uphill away from the Gorge.

I got around to shooting the roll of Foma Retropan 320 they sent me last year after I received a bad batch of Fomapan 100. Not sure whether I like it or not - it's pretty grainy, but I do like the tonality I've gotten from it too. I shot it at 125asa.

Yashicamat 124G
Fomapan Retropan 320 (shot at 125asa and developed normally)
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 10mins @ 20°

Concrete and sky by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

To the top by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Belgrave Music Hall and Canteen by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I've been grubbing around trying to get what I'd call decent quality images from Fomapan 100 without much success until just recently.
I remember getting pretty smooth results from FP4 and Plus-X Pan using D-76 and based my first experiments on that, comparing them to stuff I shot in the 80s and 90s. No good. Looks more like Tri-X boiled in Rodinol.
However something was nagging me about the dilution ratios until I remembered I used to dilute it 1+2. Pretty much all the papaperwork on ID-11 now references Stock, 1+1 and 1+3, but no mention of 1+2. So experiments continued.

I still think Foma 100 is way more grainy than any 100iso film has any right to be but at least the tonal quality is approaching what I can live with for a budget film... I'll be trying some Ilford Delta 100 and Ilfotec DD-X to see if I can recapture the look of those older films (I hear rumours that modern films use less silver, which might account for the change in look)...

These are from yesterday's outing...
Foma 100, box speed, ID-11, 1+2, 14 mins at 20C (previous attempts were at 13.00 mins and 13.30, since no times for 1+2 appear in the Massive Dev charts). 14 mins seems about right...

Nikon F3 + Nikkor 24/2.8 and 35/2

2022.03-02 (5).jpg

2022.03-02 (13).jpg

2022.03-02 (14).jpg

2022.03-02 (18).jpg

2022.03-02 (17).jpg

Last edited:
So I too just shot Foma 100 but in sheet form and my first ever go with my 1900 half plate camera. I had some part used Ars Imago Monobath to hand so developed it in there (my first ever day of developing too). For some reason the scanner added a couple of lines that don't appear on the negative and there isn't much contrast in the image (overexposed a bit and maybe a different developer would work like your ID11. I have lots of DD-X so I'll try that next). I haven't made any additional adjustments so can probably work on the contrast a bit in post.

Anyway, I have 98 sheets left so plenty to learn with :)

Second half plate image small.jpg

Here's the camera:
20220223_163833.jpg

Last edited:
So I too just shot Foma 100 but in sheet form and my first ever go with my 1900 half plate camera. I had some part used Ars Imago Monobath to hand so developed it in there (my first ever day of developing too). For some reason the scanner added a couple of lines that don't appear on the negative and there isn't much contrast in the image (overexposed a bit and maybe a different developer would work like your ID11. I have lots of DD-X so I'll try that next). I haven't made any additional adjustments so can probably work on the contrast a bit in post.
I scan with an Epson v700. Very occasionally I have had similar lines added to an image. There is a spot on the negative holder which has to be in the right position, if not the lines occur. So I just reposition the neg holder, re-scan, and the lines go away.

I scan with an Epson v700. Very occasionally I have had similar lines added to an image. There is a spot on the negative holder which has to be in the right position, if not the lines occur. So I just reposition the neg holder, re-scan, and the lines go away.

The ANR glass was causing it which is a bit weird but when I took it off all was fine. Anyway, the resulting image turned out better.

Small half plate no lines.jpg

Back