Show us yer film shots then!

Super shot Osh.

Reactions: osh
That first one Rob is like a painting, super shot.

Andy

One from a local beach last week. Thought I'd wasted my time struggling down the beach - it's full of large craters and soft sand since the recent storms - and then suddenly a red glow started appearing in the sky.

Llantwit Major
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Hasselblad 501C, Distagon 50mm, Velvia 50 processed in Tetenal E6 kit.

Wow, lovely. I've been thinking about getting the train down to Llantwit and walking down to the beach. Now I'm definitely going down. Might even walk from there to Rhoose.

What sort of time was that?

I recently bought a Bessa R3A and Nokton 40mm 1.4. Put some Agfa Vista 200 in it (aka Poundland film) just to test it out. This is one of the shots from that roll.
Sandy Bay, Porthcawl.

Sandy Bay, Porthcawl
by Cariadus, on Flickr

This one was processed by a lab (Peak Imaging). I have ordered a Tetenal C41 kit from AG Photographic but they're out of stock at the moment and, of course, I didn't have the patience to wait. :)

I definitely need practice at focussing the Bessa. Some of my shots at wider apertures were pretty rubbish.

Reactions: Jao
Another one at Llantwit Major
Hasselblad 501C, Distagon 50mm, Velvia 50
Processed in Tetenal E6 kit

Flow
by Cariadus, on Flickr
I recently bought a Bessa R3A and Nokton 40mm 1.4. Put some Agfa Vista 200 in it (aka Poundland film) just to test it out. This is one of the shots from that roll.
Sandy Bay, Porthcawl.

Sandy Bay, Porthcawl
by Cariadus, on Flickr

This one was processed by a lab (Peak Imaging). I have ordered a Tetenal C41 kit from AG Photographic but they're out of stock at the moment and, of course, I didn't have the patience to wait. :)

I definitely need practice at focussing the Bessa. Some of my shots at wider apertures were pretty rubbish.

Roger very nice work, I like these images with quite a dark feel, particularly like to Distagon shot

12010970794_cbbddde9bc.jpg

Ilford Delta 400
Lith Print (Fotospeed)
Foma RCVC

Reactions: Jao
That's interesting, Jay. I guess that's scanned from the print. Seems to have worked quite well, except for a fuzzy area at the left. You didn't mention camera/lens; I'm guessing 35mm rather than MF based on what looks like a 3:2 aspect ratio!

That's interesting, Jay. I guess that's scanned from the print. Seems to have worked quite well, except for a fuzzy area at the left. You didn't mention camera/lens; I'm guessing 35mm rather than MF based on what looks like a 3:2 aspect ratio!
Thanks ChrisR. Camera would have been my trusty Minolta SRT101. 50mm.

12010970794_cbbddde9bc.jpg

Ilford Delta 400
Lith Print (Fotospeed)
Foma RCVC
Very nice, has a Roger Fenton feel about it! SRT101, now that takes me back.

Last edited:
I should probably add some... haven't taken many in December and the New Year, for various reasons. These were taken visiting my brother in Cumbria, in October/November, on the "new" black MX with Portra 400. Nothing pastel about this film, sometimes!

1) Misty morning over Laxonby. Guessing 50mm

2) Autumn foliage beside the Eden

3) Frost in Cumbria

4) The Great Wall of Hadrian (not up to RJ's great China shots!).

5) MileCastle 39, Hadrian's Wall, taken I think with the Pentax-M 35mm f2. I held back on these in case I needed to use some in the POTY; my December drought forced me to use one (taken with the Pentax-M 85mm f2), not shown here...

1 to 4 are just lovely Chris. Number 1 being the pick of the bunch (y)

Thanks Rob. That's the view from my brother's kitchen, lucky sod!

Same here, Chris- 1 and 4. And the others aren't bad either.

I should probably add some... haven't taken many in December and the New Year, for various reasons. These were taken visiting my brother in Cumbria, in October/November, on the "new" black MX with Portra 400. Nothing pastel about this film, sometimes!

1) Misty morning over Laxonby. Guessing 50mm

2) Autumn foliage beside the Eden

3) Frost in Cumbria

4) The Great Wall of Hadrian (not up to RJ's great China shots!).

5) MileCastle 39, Hadrian's Wall, taken I think with the Pentax-M 35mm f2. I held back on these in case I needed to use some in the POTY; my December drought forced me to use one (taken with the Pentax-M 85mm f2), not shown here...

A good set Chris.... I especially like 1 and 2.

Super set Chris, a lovely area as well.

I'm particularly fond of this shot as it was taken last year, but depicts what I imagine what Cardiff Bay would have looked like in times gone by. (shot using a Diana F for those who are interested).

I'm particularly fond of this shot as it was taken last year, but depicts what I imagine what Cardiff Bay would have looked like in times gone by. (shot using a Diana F for those who are interested).

I like that, I wanna go back now! Nasty scratch on the neg though, is that on all of them?

Yea, I think it was a tiny light leak through the camera body.

Cracking work @ChrisR number 1 is the stand out shot for me and the rest are non-too shabby either.

@Andysnap Really like the 2 Twizell castle shots, very good treatment that suits the subject really well.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I think a MileCastle was a fortlet rather than a fort, but I haven't done the whole Hadrian's Wall visitor experience to find out! I think I read that MileCastle 39 is one of the best preserved of them. It's amazing to see the Wall going on for miles over the ridges into the far distance, even if when you see it up close, much of it is rather less physically impressive than you might expect!

Tim, I do like your Cardiff pic, but it doesn't seem to be attached in quite the right way to show up in the post rather than as an attachment...

Yea...... Not quite sure how to do this. I just clicked upload a file. How do I do it differently. Excuse my Newbie errors!

Testing some Orwo NC3, This is way expired and the original process is also defunct, something close to c-22. I tried it in some cold C-41 and it worked although the colours are a bit washed out, rated at iso 6 and shot with the Nikon F80

4 This one looks like one of those old painted B&W photos

Back