Show us yer film shots then!

I like the way the light catches the iron bench, and the contrasting dark background gives it quite a wistful and melancholy feel. (y)

I had a test film (Ilford XP2) back today that I shot whilst getting to know a recently acquired Ensign Selfix 820 folding camera (early 1950s), and the results look promising. These photos were taken on a frosty afternoon earlier this week, but unfortunately I was beginning to lose the light a bit by the time I managed to get out, so had to stick to wider apertures to avoid camera shake.

I think I should get some nice photos from this camera once I’ve got to know the focus and DoF a bit better. It’s a nice looking camera too. :)

I like the way the light catches the iron bench, and the contrasting dark background gives it quite a wistful and melancholy feel. (y)

Thanks, its unusual for me to have a photo I'm as pleased by as I am with that one.

I had a test film (Ilford XP2) back today that I shot whilst getting to know a recently acquired Ensign Selfix 820 folding camera (early 1950s), and the results look promising. These photos were taken on a frosty afternoon earlier this week, but unfortunately I was beginning to lose the light a bit by the time I managed to get out, so had to stick to wider apertures to avoid camera shake.

I love that second one, I might aim at something similar (with something lighter than the rb67) if the weather holds cold for a couple more days.

Looks very much like you've got a bargain there Mr B and i dare say the chap you bought it from was devilishly handsome as well. ;)

I love that second one, I might aim at something similar (with something lighter than the rb67) if the weather holds cold for a couple more days.

OK, I'll own up, that second one is the central crop out of a full frame... I was actually trying to focus on the frosty bramble leaves (visible at the top of the cropped frame)! :whistle: The markings on the lens only go down to 5 feet but the focus rotates past that quite a bit more, so I figured it might give about 3.5 feet, but it seems it's nearer 4 feet! Well, at least I know now! That's what I love about 6x9 MF, you can crop in without losing too much detail and there's often a half decent image lurking somewhere in the frame, even if it's not the one you intended! :LOL:

Looks very much like you've got a bargain there Mr B and i dare say the chap you bought it from was devilishly handsome as well. ;)

And modest too I see! :LOL: Thought I'd try that forum out that you told me about, it's quite good fun isn't it. (y)

It certainly is. A largely friendly bunch who can occasionally be helpful as well :D

#1.

Canterbury famous Pub/Restaurant.

Nikon F3,Nikkor 28mm and Portra 160V

#2.

Ally Pally London.

Hasselblad X Pan 45mm lens and Neopan 400cn. Yellow filter

Last edited:
Fine Dining, Hastings
Pentax 645N, 45mm FA, Fuji 400H 220, AG dev and scan
31255378582_0aa105e0f8_b.jpg

Fine Dining, Hastings
Pentax 645N, 45mm FA, Fuji 400H 220, AG dev and scan
31255378582_0aa105e0f8_b.jpg

Been past there on many occasions when it is open in the season. :)

Reactions: Jao
Been past there on many occasions when it is open in the season. :)
I only recently visited Hastings, after driving through it for years and never sopping. Lost of great photo opportunities

Last edited:
Today I finished up an 02/2005 Dated Ilford Delta 100 in my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM and the A16 back -- Here is our town Christmas Tree + MOON -- It was a 'Workshop on Night Photography' I organised for members lof Brentwood Photo-Club BUT as usual, No-One turned up ! 4 sec at f8, 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T*, RODINAL 1+50 for 14 mins @ 20oc
Christmas Tree by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Today I finished up an 02/2005 Dated Ilford Delta 100 in my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM and the A16 back -- Here is our town Christmas Tree + MOON -- It was a 'Workshop on Night Photography' I organised for members lof Brentwood Photo-Club BUT as usual, No-One turned up ! 4 sec at f8, 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T*, RODINAL 1+50 for 14 mins @ 20oc
Christmas Tree by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I love how councils, after spending lots of money on a civic tree and lights, then proceed to ruin the effect by putting a godawful metal fence around the base. I know it's for 'elf'n'safety*, but maybe they should put a bit of budget into decorating the fences so they don't look so awful too.

* A never-before-heard Christmas pun for you to all enjoy. :)

I got results from 4 rolls of Agfa Vista I sent to FilmDev today. Fair play to them, they only charged me Dev rate for 2 of the rolls because of the 'mixed' results caused by my Yashica 44 still slipping sometimes when winding on and a test roll I ran through the Yashica 14 and rewound/reloaded a couple of times while I was fixing the meter button.

Flickr is playing up tonight so I'll just upload the photos direct here which will compress them;

Yashica Lynx 14 @f1.4

IMG_1480983259.137741.jpg

Fed-1G Wide open (2.8) at 1/25th handheld

IMG_1480983283.715160.jpg

Yashica 44 - New Architecture

IMG_1480983328.588280.jpg

Yashica 44 - Old Architecture

IMG_1480983355.467895.jpg

Yashica 44 - Autumn colours

IMG_1480983385.393278.jpg

I'll upload more to Flickr once it's playing nicely again. I'm about to order some Tri-X and Ektar 100. Now I know the seals/shutter speeds are good on the cameras I'll use some better film. Vista is good value but really shows grain if the exposure isn't spot on!

Last edited:
Got two rolls scanned from Filmdev that were shot with the Voigtlander and the Minolta Prod 20. Definitely think the Voigtlander is better.

Minolta Prod 20:

R1-03859-013A by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

It's totally wrong and right at the same time. I thought that's how it would turn out.

R1-03859-003A by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

2 from the Voigtlander. It doesn't do backlighting well either. I wish I had the CS version. That has a special button. I'm wondering if I can fool the meter with a bit of opaque something over it when it's a back lit scenario?

It does general scenes fine and it's not large and prone to go werrrpppppp.

R2-03860-0025 by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

R2-03860-0007 by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

Night scenes in Brentwood -- it was a 'Workshop' I ran for members of Brentwood & District Photographic Club BUT as last year , NO-ONE turned up ! I try to help New Members and the Beginners but they just seem no interested in any Tuition . Anyway -I got some goods snaps on a NIKON FE2 + 28mm f3.5 Nikkor + outdated 02/2008 Konica VX 400 Super rated 200 ASA and processed by BOOTS of Brentwood. I scanned the negs.
Christmas Lights by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

What ruined my night shots last year were orange street lamps......couldn't find a quick way to get rid of the orange cast in Photoshop without ruining the other colours.

Edit: just found it under photo filter which removes some of the cast using cooling filter but left the photo as it is with the orange cast.

Last edited:
Maybe the street ;lamps are 'Sodium' if so they emit light only in a very 'narrow band' -- no 'Blue' at all for example .

Maybe the street ;lamps are 'Sodium' if so they emit light only in a very 'narrow band' -- no 'Blue' at all for example .

Well it looks better converted to B\W, anyway I wont bother taking colour shots with orange street lights again.

I imagine this won't be a problem for long as the lamps are slowly converted to LED or similar. Best get out and shoot the sodium lights while you can.

And a few from up that London with my recently acquired Voigtlander R4a and Voigtlander 35mm f1.8 lens (thanks v muchly Mr Surf). Shot on Ektar 100.

Bourdon-Street-West by Andy, on Flickr

Cast-a-long-shadow by Andy, on Flickr

And a bit of gritty, urban black and white... or poor colour shots converted and described as art. :D

The-High-Life by Andy, on Flickr

BT-Tower by Andy, on Flickr

Wista Field 45D, Nikkor-W 180mm f5.6, Fomapan 100.

A farmhouse in the mist near Elterwater in the Lakes.
Farmhouse-near-Elterwater by Andy, on Flickr

Andy, This is so much better when viewed on your site,here it looks small OOF and not very good.

When you click to the hosting site it is a great LF photograph.

Congrats mate and well done.

And a few from up that London with my recently acquired Voigtlander R4a and Voigtlander 35mm f1.8 lens (thanks v muchly Mr Surf). Shot on Ektar 100.

Bourdon-Street-West by Andy, on Flickr

Cast-a-long-shadow by Andy, on Flickr

And a bit of gritty, urban black and white... or poor colour shots converted and described as art. :D

The-High-Life by Andy, on Flickr

BT-Tower by Andy, on Flickr

Such a cocky Northern photographer. Make sure my boys do not see you. :)

You did not number the photograph,s,but,#1 is just London. Great shot.

It is a great shame that the 4a is not a patch on the camera you sold me.:D:banana:

Andy, This is so much better when viewed on your site,here it looks small OOF and not very good.

When you click to the hosting site it is a great LF photograph.

Congrats mate and well done.

Thanks Richard, very kind. I think you are correct, it does look better bigger.

Such a cocky Northern photographer. Make sure my boys do not see you. :)

You did not number the photograph,s,but,#1 is just London. Great shot.

It is a great shame that the 4a is not a patch on the camera you sold me.:D:banana:

Thanks again Richard but I'm afraid that you are incorrect, the 4a is better because it has one more number than the 3a and that's how it works. :naughty::)

I like that purple one! I think you can get light seals fortunately.

I don't think I'll bother, to be honest. The Olympus is a bit of a standalone system, in that I only have one body and two lenses, the rest are Pentax. I'll keep it for the time being, you never know when it might come in useful.

Back