Show us yer film shots then!

Is it wrong that I flicked the XPan into normal 35x24 mode for a ew shots in Bulgaria? It feels wrong.

Kodak Portra 400

Was that a perfectly good telly that then explosively killed itself when it realised it wouldn’t be seen in a beautiful panoramic composition?

Experiment today with the RB67 and 4 plastic spacers to put 35mm through it. Worked a treat. Bit of a waste of film though as I discovered why there's so much backing paper before the 1st frame. Got 14 images off a 36 roll of Foma 100. Fun times framing it too!

RB67, Foma 100, 35mm insert
by Ian, on Flickr

[Edit to add I've gone back to scanning on the glass with an ANR glass cover. Much better results. Slow though...

Last edited:
Quite like the look of that George.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Some very powerful colours there.(y)

Appologies everyone, I'm here again to lower the high quality standard of shots posted in this thread:sorry:…..
Perhaps we could do with a "Show us yer carp film shots" thread specifically for me! :LOL:

Shot on a wooden Wista ( not my own metal one) with iirc 210mm lens ( also borrowed).
An extremely windy day which was really impractical for LF but me being the "Blithering Idiot" that I am, I went out nonetheless and using every limb, managed to hold down tripod, camera etc whilst at the same time rummaging in a kit bag that was also threatening to end up in the sea!
I'm sure I will have caused amusement to some onlookers given the positions that I found myself in!:wideyed::LOL:

It's incredible that there is even a useable image tbh.
There is clear evidence of camera shake when the image is enlarged, nonetheless it still looks possible to print at A4 if I wish to at a later date.

old brighton pier and supports Retouched TP.jpg

I'm now not 100% sure that the first image is the correct way round so seeing as I dunno which is the correct orientation, I'll post both versions!;)

old brighton pier and supports Retouched TP 2.jpg

Last edited:
Appologies everyone, I'm here again to lower the high quality standard of shots posted in this thread:sorry:…..
Perhaps we could do with a "Show us yer carp film shots" thread specifically for me! :LOL:

Shot on a wooden Wista ( not my own metal one) with iirc 210mm lens ( also borrowed).
An extremely windy day which was really impractical for LF but me being the "Blithering Idiot" that I am, I went out nonetheless and using every limb, managed to hold down tripod, camera etc whilst at the same time rummaging in a kit bag that was also threatening to end up in the sea!
I'm sure I will have caused amusement to some onlookers given the positions that I found myself in!:wideyed::LOL:

There is clear evidence of camera shake when the image is enlarged, nonetheless it still looks possible to print at A4 if I wish to at a later date.

View attachment 245688

I'm now not 100% sure that the first image is the correct way round so seeing as I dunno which is the correct orientation, I'll post both versions!;)

View attachment 245695

I like this - the crashing wave makes it. While there may be evidence of camera shake at larger viewing sizes they look nice and sharp on my monitor.(y)

The second one is the right orientation, I think.

Another one with the Wista

Unfortunatley covered in scratches from when the film drying clip failed and the neg glided down and across the tiled floor emulsion side down!

Oh well, part of the fun…….

Windows, terraces and stairways Hove Retouched TP.jpg

View attachment 245688

View attachment 245695

You did not tell me you were in Brighton.

You did not tell me you were in Brighton.
:wideyed:

:exit:

It wasn't common knowledge, and only a very short stay ( even shorter than my planned return next month!)

Could even be said to have been a litterally flying visit given the kite flying skills that I had to employ in the winds with a bellows camera and darkcloth :LOL:

Don't worry Rich, I'll make up for it when I see you in a few weeks by making a bigger nuisance of myself than usual :p

Back