Show us yer film shots then!

Ouch! Maybe step back and leave it to another day before deleting any of them?

Maybe, although I can't see them getting any better!

What is it you don’t like about them?

Many, many things!

Not the thread for it though I don't think as I won't be showing any of them. Ha. Had the B&W scans back overnight but haven't had a chance to have a proper look at them yet. Gonna try not to think about the dev bill for a while. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got 16 colour rolls of 35mm back from my Vietnam trip with 2 x B&W due this evening.

Spending some time going through them and hitting the delete key a lot. Not sure any of them will appear here unfortunately.
How about a travelogue post (including both good and bad pics) and just share the experience with us?

I've got Wanderlust right now so I'd enjoy it!

How about a travelogue post (including both good and bad pics) and just share the experience with us?

I've got Wanderlust right now so I'd enjoy it!

Afraid not as they always descent into technicalities such as, it isn’t critically sharp therefore it should be in the bin, etc.

Another lot back from FilmDev from the slightly doomed roll.

Some castle thing somewhere:

Bunch of places on film by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

Port Sunlight accidental lomo cos some tit didn't check the focus.

Another castle:

Wightwick Manor

I need a doodad that will add GPS location data onto film that can then be scanned and munged into the scanned jpg!

Another lot back from FilmDev from the slightly doomed roll.

Some castle thing somewhere:

Port Sunlight accidental lomo cos some tit didn't check the focus.

Another castle:

Wightwick Manor

I need a doodad that will add GPS location data onto film that can then be scanned and munged into the scanned jpg!

There’s an app for that isn’t there?

Scratch that, only works with d****al :LOL:

Last edited:
Kind Gent from DENMARK sent me lots of 35mm ORWO films then another pack arrived with 6 rolls 120 ORWO NP22 BUT also with 2 rolls 120 RUSSIAN 'SVEMA FD 64" dated 09/1993 WoW ! I never ever used any 'Russian Fillum ! I did a preliminary test in my Rolleicord VB 1962 with 16-on set and CUT the film and processed -- a bit ' Faint' set images so i loaded rest of roll into my Pentax 6x7 Mk II that I have not used for a long time. I rated film at 40 ASA and processed in my 'Home-Made FX-4 Formula 1+1' for 'guessed' 9,5 mins @ 20oC and got some better density negs BUT film has a high Fog Level and 'blotches' and even some Fungus at end frame on roll ! It was not X-ray by Customs at UK Border as ORWO dated 1992 had fog level but no 'blotches or fungus' and test negs scanned OK from the ORWO I show 2 frames taken indoors -- auto exposure, Tiger by Daylight and other by Tungsten lamps ( No Animals were harmed in the making of these Images )
2019-09-20-0002.jpg2019-09-20-0001.jpg

I thought I'd put a couple in from my starting point taking photographs with Film.

Praktica BMS + Pentagon 50mm and Iford HP5 400

This was the first time using a SRL, had to take the instructions with me, on a rather day pending rain sunday afternoon in May. It actually took me almost 2 months to send them off to be developed due to fearing that might have had made a real pig's ear... But pleased with the results and this one afternoon got me hooked on Film and B&W photography.

208840026 by jo parsons, on Flickr

208840014 by jo parsons, on Flickr

You can't beat black and white.

:film:

A query...Due to user error I’ve shot most of a roll of Ilford Delta 400 over exposed by 3 or 4 stops in bright sunlight. Any chance this can be pulled back?

The way down. Whitby coast Jenaflex AH1 Kodak colourplus 200 .There seemed to be a strange colour shift to this photo but I do like the effect.

View attachment 255742

Well from memory:- film is set to a certain colour temp in kelvin (sunny day?), so if the temp is different then you should use a correction filter o_O sort that one out guys :D

From the Akita tt018 ( this makes a Holga look sophisticated) so is real lomo rather than accidental. The bench is quite simple but for some reason I liked the look and had to photograph it ! from March(ish) this year Kodak colourplus 200 .There is something satisfying about the simplicity of this camera. I've recently brought one of those new filmless cameras ( Sony a6000) and managed to turn it onto manual focus with out realizing it screwing up a number of quick shot photos that wouldn't have happened with the Super dooooper Akita which is also mirrorless ! I can screw the photos up without all the extra super sophisticated electronics with this.I do think it would benefit from use of maybe 400 /800 speed film.

000088380008.jpg

living proof that there is a focus point some where with this camera. At least it's readable !

000088380006.jpg

and proof that the focus point is not here !

000088380004.jpg

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, its Mablethorpe.

Yes I did cheat and zoom in on the image on flickr but only because I pretty sure I recognised it.
Ah, that makes sense, my brother lives in Sutton on Sea.

Excellent, very nicely done.

These are all really well done jo, and the detail in the first one is particularly pleasing. (y)

looking through my Files i came across my Iceland trip with the 'Pentax Club of Great Britain' organised by Peter & Liz Cox. It my have been 1987 . I used an ME Siuper + SMC Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 lens and the original 'Ilford XP1 film. I show 2 photos -- I like the 'vastness' of the Landscape.
Iceland 011.jpgIceland 02.jpg

Not the most adventurous photos they were taken whilst testing a Kodak brownie number 2 (1931ish). Fish breeding pens on Trimperly reservoir. Ilford FP4 400.
I have had to straighten each image as it is proving very difficult to make sure I am holding it straight at waist level , may be a spirit level of some type would help !

000088420008.jpg

Boats and Jetty at the same location the jetty appears to have a slight curve to it !

000088420007.jpg

A small jetty same location

000088420001.jpg

Last edited:
Back