Show us yer film shots then!

Using up some 1999 dated Kodak Ektapress 1600 I was given years ago when the 'Yellow Advertiser' photo dept went all 'Digital' -- I have shown results of teh Fuji Super HG 1600 previously. I loaded the same camera my 1975 Asahi Pentax KX and set 125 ASA as found with the Fuji 1600. Negs were a bit 'thin' and low in contrast even though I gave extra time in C41 developer -- 3 mins 45 secs @ 100oF .
KX Ektapress 01.jpgKX Ektapress 02.jpgKX Ektapress 09.jpg

Taken earlier this year on a very hot sunny day whilst in Brighton.

I recall the experience clearly.

To obtain the composure involved being tight up against what I believed to be a dissused doorway ( until a young lady arrived requiring access!:banghead:)

Image exposed onto Delta 100 using a Walker Titan SF 45

Retouched small file.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a while for me, principally because I've seemingly endlessly forgotten to send off the film I had piling up in the fridge. One from a little while ago now in Wales :)

Sunrise towards Ramsey Island by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr

SV45TE
Nikkor 90mm
Velvia 50

That’s very nice Mr Woods, looking forward to seeing more when you’ve remortgaged.

Another 4x5 from me taken back in the summer here in the village ( Sospel, France)

Pushing the Walker Titan SF 45 , its tripod and the operator to their limits.

The tripod had to be positioned in such a way with one leg horizontally lodged against the rear wall of the fountain, a second leg fully extended and located in the water of the actual fountain "bath", with the third leg precariously situated on the "bath" wall which was wet and slippy.

Effectivelly the whole outfit was located directly above water as was I stood on the rather narrow, slippy wall!:wideyed:

Composure and focusing etc was shall we say a tad interesting to say the least and I was very aware of the whole lot collapsing into the drink especially as the camera belows were extended to their absolute maximum of 473mm.

The Titan SF has a bellows extension of 430mm it has a clever idea whereby manipulating the movements available on the front standard, an additional 43mm can be obtained.

Exposed onto Delta 100 film through a 300mm APO lens, I'm rather pleased (and relieved) with the result.

Retouched small file.jpg

Another 4x5 from me taken back in the summer here in the village ( Sospel, France)

Pushing the Walker Titan SF 45 , its tripod and the operator to their limits.

The tripod had to be positioned in such a way with one leg horizontally lodged against the rear wall of the fountain, a second leg fully extended and located in the water of the actual fountain "bath", with the third leg precariously situated on the "bath" wall which was wet and slippy.

Effectivelly the whole outfit was located directly above water as was I stood on the rather narrow, slippy wall!:wideyed:

Composure and focusing etc was shall we say a tad interesting to say the least and I was very aware of the whole lot collapsing into the drink especially as the camera belows were extended to their absolute maximum of 473mm.

The Titan SF has a bellows extension of 430mm it has a clever idea whereby manipulating the movements available on the front standard, an additional 43mm can be obtained.

Exposed onto Delta 100 film through a 300mm APO lens, I'm rather pleased (and relieved) with the result.

View attachment 263354
That's a great shot Asha and I love your description, we wouldn't of wanted you to fall in the water, really we wouldn't :D

I found some old slides while sorting through some things the other day. First off, a photo I took around 1979 of Buddy Rich at the Davenport Theatre, near Stockport (long since demolished and built on). Taken on Barfen 100 ASA E6 slide film on a Pentina SLR camera and Meyer Optik 135mm lens.

I have a feeling I had the slide film pushed to 800 ISO, but can't remember for sure. It's not handled the lighting conditions very well, but I suppose it's not bad considering it was taken by a 15 year old sitting umpteen rows back from the stage.

Then there was the village parade, led by the local sprouts, and just look at those cars! Taken around 1979/80 on a Pentina SLR and 50mm Carl Zeiss Jena lens on Kodak Ektachrome.

Yes, you're right, that was a brand new Ford Capri 'jam butty' police car up front clearing the way. :giggle: Happy days. :)

Last edited:
Nice banana-yellow Cortina sneaking away in there. :)
Oh yes, probably on its way back to the land that taste forgot! ;) I just love the look of that single big blue flashing light on top of the Capri too. Photos are great at bringing back memories. Funny to think those scouts will be in their 50s now!

Then there was the village parade, led by the local sprouts, and just look at those cars! Taken around 1979/80 on a Pentina SLR and 50mm Carl Zeiss Jena lens on Kodak Ektachrome.g the way.

And so appropriate to the festive season... :)

:exit:

You've nicked my follow up joke :D

Two shots taken in Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa on the weekend of Art in the Park this year (I went to have a chat with @thedarkshed among other things)...

1) Those large leaves they grow in parks as "architectural" plants, I think they're called gunnera...

1910BPMXBW Jephson Gardens FP4 1 by Chris R, on Flickr

2) Boy in the cedar tree

1910BPMXBW Jephson Gardens FP4 2 by Chris R, on Flickr

Both FP4+ devved in XTOL, Filmdev small scans, taken with the Pentax MX and Vivitar 35-70 lens.

Two shots taken in Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa on the weekend of Art in the Park this year (I went to have a chat with @thedarkshed among other things)...

1) Those large leaves they grow in parks as "architectural" plants, I think they're called gunnera...

1910BPMXBW Jephson Gardens FP4 1 by Chris R, on Flickr

2) Boy in the cedar tree

1910BPMXBW Jephson Gardens FP4 2 by Chris R, on Flickr

Both FP4+ devved in XTOL, Filmdev small scans, taken with the Pentax MX and Vivitar 35-70 lens.
Really like the 1st one

Few more taken with the 'Borrowed' Voigtlander 'Ultron 35mm f1.4' lens on my 1986 Leica M6 + outdated Kodak Supra 400 rated 200ASA
All at Full Aperture f1.4
Ultron 01.jpgUltron 03.jpgUltron 06.jpg

Ok so it’s a wet print ( very much so in this pic lol) but it’s a film shot!
Other than photographing or scanning the prints there’s no other way to share.
Anyway this was taken in Sussex earlier this year using a Canham DLC 45.
T’was another very awkward composure to achieve but well worth it I think.
What do you guys reckon?
I’ve yet to scan the negative and possibly inkjet print but tbh I doubt that I’ll get a better result.

IMG_0992.JPG

Back