Show us yer film shots then!

1024PPI is fine. I resize them to that anyway to use with my digital projector. most files will be around 200KB. Thanks for that

This time it worked. Hurrah ! Two images from a colour film negative taken 2 days before the lockdown Nikon F4 + 28/105AFD.

Attachments

• Inside Shildon lead mill, Northumberland.jpg
    Inside Shildon lead mill, Northumberland.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Linolds Mill, next to Devils Water, Northumberland.jpg
    Linolds Mill, next to Devils Water, Northumberland.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 19
  • Shildon Mill, Northumberland.jpg
    Shildon Mill, Northumberland.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Shildon Farmhouse, Northumberland.jpg
    Shildon Farmhouse, Northumberland.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
Perutz slide... taken about 45 years ago.
Eepk3xm.jpg

Taken while Nikki was out paddle boarding at the Witterings on the 645

And there was Nikki probably under the impression that her 'lifeguard' was at hand 'just in case', but no, he was faffin' around with subminiature camera kit :exit: :LOL: :LOL:

Intersting image btw, it's 'different' and I quite like it;).......very grainy though, most likely due to the inferior format:ROFLMAO:

Keep staring at this hoping inspiration will come...
And so it should... At 5.30pm tomorrow afternoon, repeat after me into above microphone in a 1970s plumy BBC accent "West Bromwich Albion nil, Wolverhampton Wanderers nil... Crewe Alexandra 1, Stockport County 1.... Plymouth Argyle versus Macclesfield Town, late kick off....".

;)

Last edited:
I took a week off work a week or so ago but my plans to stay in Scotland and do some photography were thwarted. Instead I spent the week fixing lots of old scanned slides and decorating the front room, alternately of course.

There are interesting parallels between the two activities up to a point, both spotting and cutting in are mindlessly dull.

Here is a small selection of slides, sorry about the lack of details but they are all still in their mounts so I can't identify the film types.

Stockholm 1978, Yashica FR1 35/2.8 ML.
788_002 copy.jpg

Stockholm 1978, Yashica FR1 35/2.8 ML. Sweden was a bit behind the times with this film showing!
788_026 copy.jpg

Stockholm 1978, Yashica FR1 35/2.8 ML.
788_046 copy.jpg

I'm not a lover of HP5+ in 35mm, but this is a fine result Ian. (y)

I've got to be honest, when I was using Rodinal, neither was I. Switching to HC-110 made a woprld of difference and after seeing Nige's (@FishyFish ) results with DDX, I've got a bottle of that too. Developer does make a difference. And whilst it's practical to have lots of diffferent films to try out, it's not so practical to have multiple developers.

I got my Canon AV1 test film back from AG today (posted Weds, so not a bad turn-around) and it looks like I did the light seal replacement OK (tested by leaving the loaded camera on a window ledge with the autumn sunlight on its back for 30 mins at various angles), and that the camera works fine too. :) Here's a couple of snaps taken with a Canon FD 35-70 f/4 on Kodak Gold 200.

Last edited:
Some people have a problem scanning positive film but for me no probs.
A day or so old calf, my Ford Classic is in the background so taken about 50 years ago in Ireland
E4A671l.jpg
My dad had a Ford Classic. He let me use it after I passed my test, good job he didn't know how I drove it.

Just had some prints delivered which I can only describe as awful. I know it's my first attempt for a long time with film, but it certainly has put the brakes on whether it's worth bothering with the rest of the film in the fridge. I've produced better results at home, many years ago I might add. Every single print is just GREY all over. Even the whites are grey.
Can't really take a photo of the prints, not sure they'd show up properly.

Just had some prints delivered which I can only describe as awful. I know it's my first attempt for a long time with film, but it certainly has put the brakes on whether it's worth bothering with the rest of the film in the fridge. I've produced better results at home, many years ago I might add. Every single print is just GREY all over. Even the whites are grey.
Sorry to hear that. Stick with it, but next time try a develop and scan by someone like AG Photolab or Filmdev and then you can print your own favourite shots from the scans. AG Photolab also do prints if you prefer your photos that way, I've only ever had one set done by them (as I tend to view on screen or print my own) but I was happy enough with them.

PS Do check your negs look OK first though, just in case there's a light leak on your camera that's caused a veiling effect on the prints?

Last edited:

Who did you have dev and print them, there are some excellent places but also some truly awful ones as well.

My dad had a Ford Classic. He let me use it after I passed my test, good job he didn't know how I drove it.

Up to £5000 to buy one now and I sold it fro £85. My triumph tiger T110 sold for £75 now up to £5000.....If I was a farmer, I could have stored them in a barn.
Mind you with inflation it was a resonable selling price, but still a good investment if kept.

Last edited:
12x16 wet print of a windmill somewhere in Sussex.

@StephenM will know where exactly as he was my much needed assistant as light rain was in the air before we even got out of the car.

It could do with a bit of burning on the sails and the ribbons / buntin between them but overall it’s not bad.

Walker Titan SF 45
Delta 100

IMG_1565.JPG

Back