Show us yer film shots then!

I recently went out on Dartmoor with my Bronica SQ-Ai to shoot Wistman's Wood (story can be seen on my Blog https://www.ephotozine.com/user/topsyrm-149719/blog) Here is a contact sheet I made up in Word then took a screen shot. I was very happy to get 12 useable shots from 1 roll of Portra 400.

Bronica Contact Sheet from Wistman's Wood Portra 400.jpg

Last edited:
It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here, or actually exposed any film, mainly because I seem to be in the workshop or in front of my Inbox 24x7!

Even though I didn’t actually take these photos (ChromaDave did), I designed and manufactured the camera that took them, so I think that counts :0)

KosmoFoto 100
Developed in Pyro510
Scanned with IPhone/Pixl-Latr and converted in SnapSeed (Dave has better quality scans from his V600, but I don’t have them on my phone here)

Schneider 47/5.6
As yet unnamed 6x9 ChromaView attachment 343852

I've had to come back a few times to view this image. I like the drama of the scene and the range of tones is awesome...

Last edited:
Visit to Warley Place Nature Reserve near BRENWOOD for the giant 'Snowdrops' -- I took my newly-CLA'd 1978 Hasselblad 500 C/M with A12 back for C41 and A16 back for B&W The COLOUR was 06/2010 dated Fuji Pro 160S from a Deceased Club Member and B&W was Kodak Panatomic-X dated April 1984 from another Deceased Club Member and I tried my home-made 510-Pyro 'Staining Developer' for that -- on part of the Roll I got some bad 'Blotches and Lines but I show a couple LENS was all Zeiss CF Makro-Planar T* 120mm f4 from a Deceased Club Member

These are lovely, Pete, dare I venture the best you've posted for a while, but I should qualify that with adding that I don't get the expired film thing at all. This Portra seems to be in fine fettle though.

Couldn't help but wonder that the Brentwood Photographic Society sounds as though it might be getting a bit short of members!

First 35mm roll in a modified Coronet Commander 2, not great light, but enough for a camera test.
A very simple camera with meniscus lens, curved film gate, choice of two apertures.
Fomapan 100 in Rodinal.

BridgesCC2.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing too exciting - another test roll of Fomapan 100, but this time dev'd in Rodinal @ 1+50. Definitely a bit crispier than the rolls souped in ID-11 and a bit more obvious grain - as expected. Seems the key to Rodinal is very minimal and gentle agitation - just a very gentle figure-of-eight motion and only fully inverting once every four agitation cycles.

Light was pretty unspectacular - another miserable day - I think I was down to about 1:15 wide-open here - still hand-held...

Nikon F3HP + Nikkor Ai 55/1.2
Plustek 8100i / Silverfast 9

2022-01-00-00 (11).jpg

2022-01-00-00 (1).jpg

Maco TS Eagle traffic camera film. Doesn't like going to 800 at all! Dev in Diafine, Canon EOS-30 and I think this was with a Raynox.

2022-02-19-maco-eos30-13.jpg

On a wet and wild day in, I developed a short piece of film from my Hanimex 35, a "resuable" camera of the sort we can use in the FFFSFA challenge.
A suitably dark and dingy image which was one of many "throw away" images, but one that caught my attention. Maybe I like "grunge"?

"M24" (probably the postcode) Fomapan 100 in Rodinal, Hanimex IC500.

blackBridge.jpg

Last edited:
Continuing with experiments on cassettes of 03/2005 dated Fuji Reala 100 from a Deceased Camera Club member -- i loaded my Canon A-1 not used for a long while and set 50 ASA -- it seemed to give denser negs than my FTBn using a Weston Master V meter . Here I used the Can on FD SSC 50mm f1.4 lens
A-1 Reala 01.jpgA-1 Reala 02.jpgA-1 Reala 03.jpg

Some shots from last week...
Fomapan 100 at box speed
Ilford ID-11, 1+2, 13.45 @ 20C - Ilford dev method and Ilford wash method

Nikon F3HP + Nikkor Ai 35/2 plus Orange O(G) filter

Plustek 8100i and Silverfast 9 Studio edition - retouched and resized in LR Classic

I was having issues with this and a couple of other films when developed at 1+3, which was what I remember I processed everything in 'back in the day'. However, switching the ratio to 1+2 has made a huge difference and these negs more closely resemble the stuff I was shooting 30 years ago in terms of grain and sharpness.
Either I remembered incorrectly or something's changed in the past 20 years. Ilford HP5-Plus in particular looked a lot grainier at 1+3 when compared to some of my old negs.

2022.02-02- (6).jpg

2022.02-02- (8).jpg

2022.02-02- (15).jpg

My FIRST attempt at 'ICM' ( Intentional Camera Movement' ) what a lot of rubbish -- I call it Camera Shake but maybe now I'm a TRENDY DUDE !
1978 HASSELBLAD 500 C/M + Zeiss DISTAGON CFi T8 50mm f4 and 1/2 second @ f11 Very Old 1976 Kodak Verichrome Pan in home-made 510-Pyro
ICM 01.jpgICM 02.jpg

My FIRST attempt at 'ICM' ( Intentional Camera Movement' ) what a lot of rubbish -- I call it Camera Shake but maybe now I'm a TRENDY DUDE !
We all knew you were a trendy dude Pete (y)

One from the distant past...

CS74Gr13 The Drop by Chris R, on Flickr

Kodachrome in my Pentax Electro Spotmatic, probably the 55/1.8 Takumar, taken on Christmas Day 1974 part way up the Franz Josef Glacier, South Island, NZ. That morning we had woken to the news that Cyclone Tracey had slammed into Darwin, mostly destroying it. I call this "The Drop", and it symbolises a lot to me.

I'm planning to try offering A4 prints from this for #PhotoPrintDay tomorrow, an endeavour on twitter started by Jim Mottram. See https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/photo-print-day-ukraine.735087/.

Continuing Experiments with Jay De Fehr's famous 510-PYRO Film Developer I found ONE roll 120 'Original Emulsion' ILFORD PAN-F dated 09/1992 in the HUGE Film Stash from my Deceased Great Friend so I tried it. I guessed to rate it at 25 ASA as it was 'Old' and the Massive Dev Chart gave 8 1/2 mins in 510-Pyro 1:100 but for the 'LATER' emulsion so I 'guessed' 7 1/2 mins. Negs were a bit DENSE but NO FOG LEVEL ! Next time I willICM 03.jpgICM 04.jpg rate old Pan=F at 32 ASA and try 6 1/2 mins 1978 Hasselblad 500 C/M + Zeiss CFi Distagon T* and A12 back.
'Movement Experiments ' again

Back