Sigma 50mm 1.4 art..worth the £££

Anyway, this is all a bit pointless and way off topic so lets just end it there and agree to disagree!

I think my 14-24 quandary has been answered. In 14 months of ownership I have 210 shots saved. I do cull extensively and I knew I hadn't used it but a bit of a luxury!

Conned some bloke into buying it for £625!! He must be mad.

Haha lol! Im still gassing over the siggy 35mm now... only because I'm reading its better than the 1.4g... which I have... which I haven't yet used. I hate forums.

Haha lol! Im still gassing over the siggy 35mm now... only because I'm reading its better than the 1.4g... which I have... which I haven't yet used. I hate forums.

I have the 1.4G and its my favourite lens, bar none. I see the siggy scores but I can't see how it can be much better. Interested to have a play with the 50 Art as I was never that happy with the colour and rendition of some of the older siggy lenses, always seemed to have a magenta hue to them, but that was all back in my canon days. I did however rate their 85 1.4. The Nikon 1.4G is built better IMO and has the weather sealing, I can't see an improvement for me other than a few quid in the back pocket.

What a cheeky chap David! I am really lusting after the 35mm art now.:oops: :$ Is it as good as the 50mm

would probably then need the dock as no af fine tune on d5500

Dock would be useful anyway, at this rate you'll be eyeing up the 85 art, any reason you're not shooting ff to take advantage of these lenses?

I had sigma and I was very happy with its IQ until I got the Canon 50mm 1.2. It is expensive compared to the sigma. In my opinion, it is worth for the money if you can afford it.

I had sigma and I was very happy with its IQ until I got the Canon 50mm 1.2. It is expensive compared to the sigma. In my opinion, it is worth for the money if you can afford it.

From what I've seen the sigma is better in every way except the softer bokeh.

Back