weekly sjh2008 52 Photo Challenge for 2021 -- Week 14 +15 + 16 Added

I'm a fan of the mono version.
It highlights the textures without the colour distracting me... Also it kills the blue plaque.

Choice
Your first shot has my backing. The black & white conversion has brought out some of the textures in the stone work.

Snappers choice
I prefer the B&W one as it mutes the blue sign to the left, although the light above the door still distracts a bit but not much you can do about that

Week 6 Theme Pair -- Foggy Day

Foggy%20Day-17-X2.jpg

That's great, and so much the better for the couple being small in the frame.

Ooooh I like that a lot!

I struggled with this theme, not sure exactly why there is lots of scope with thousands of movies to choose from but i never seemed to get all the pieces lined up so i have used one photo from my archives.

Hopefully the film title should be obvious

@d00d If you can borrow a bee suit then its worth having a look inside the hive when the beekeeper is next inspecting them or just watch the bee`s flying into the hive entrance from a safe distance.

Film
Good interpretation of the film.
I know Bee's are fairly docile, but I just couldn't get that close to a hive.

Great to see all the bees there. Lighting and depth of field works well. How wonderful to get close up, though I would be a little nervous.

We have had both wasps nests and a buff tailed bee 'nest' in the garden, both of which were dug out by badgers :( I felt very sad about the bees. We tried to make it a bit safer but sadly I think on their second attempt they managed to wreck it all. Fascinating to see that both of them would have bees/wasps guarding the entrance.

Week 9 Reflections -- I could have used it for either themes halves / reflections but decided to stick with it as my entry for reflections

2 simple on theme images.
Both work well.

As Chris said, both nicely on-theme. The Burtons one is a "sign of the times" thing I think. I have a similar photo of Woolworths. Really nice documentary shot.

Half
I always wonder if loss leaders like the >50% off actually work, I know anytime I take advantage of them I don't tend to but anything else at full price

Reflection
Would have been great if someone walked past wearing a mask to add to the "record" shot feel. The "blue cross" reflection ties in well with sales connection, was that coincidental or planned?

Purely coincidental. it just happened to be the first decent sized shop window with a reflection of the opposite shops in it

Rough I like the colours here and plenty of texture too.

Smooth, very smooth

Not my hand, it would have been messy trying to get the right angle with the camera and filling the jar with honey

Back