So what was your first slr or dslr?

I've only ever had compacts up until recently, I bought a bridge after messing about with it I felt the time was right to get a full dslr so my first is the Nikon d5100 and I love it.

First SLR - Pentax K1000 + 28mm 2.8
First DSLR Canon 50D

I still have both and use both. The 50D more so though...
I like using the Pentax for street work with out of date film I can get hold of.

Always wanted an SLR back in the day but stuck to point&shoots for film.

First DSLR was a 400D, then a 40D and finally to the 5D MkII

My first SLR was a Nikon F301
Many years later my first DSLR was a Canon eos 40d.

I wish I still had the old Nikon...

Pentax K10D
Canon 450D
Canon 40D
Pentax K200D
Pentax K-7
Nikon D2x
Nikon D300

Olympus e410
Olympus e510
Canon 450d
Canon 50d
Canon 5d2
What's next hmm lol

My first SLR was the Ricoh KR-10 (though I think I have erroneously reported it as the 'Super' in a previous post). It needs new light seals. I just pulled it out of storage to take a nostalgic look and a photo of it. I wound the film-advance lever and gave it a 'click' and the blasted mirror wouldn't return! The shutter did close - any ideas? The mirror itself isn't stuck - I can move it quite easily.

Anyway, here's the camera :)

IMG_4298.jpg

And here's my first SLR this millenium - a Canon EOS 500N - with a Sigma 28-105 lens that'll need re-chipping to work on my current EOS :(

IMG_4374.jpg

Last edited:
My first SLR was the Ricoh KR-10 (though I think I have erroneously reported it as the 'Super' in a previous post). It needs new light seals. I just pulled it out of storage to take a nostalgic look and a photo of it. I wound the film-advance lever and gave it a 'click' and the blasted mirror wouldn't return! The shutter did close - any ideas? The mirror itself isn't stuck - I can move it quite easily.

Could be the batteries are exhausted. . . Instruction manual is available here. . . http://www.butkus.org/chinon/ricoh/kr-10/kr-10-splash.htm

My first DSLR is the one i have now, a Nikon D80. Got it for a really good price, doubt i could of got into the hobby in a better way without spending an arm and a leg.

Already have plans on an upgrade though :)

First SLR was a film Canon EOS 650 back in 1980's my first Digital SLR a Canon 450D.

I still have the 650 and it still looks as good as new.

canon 1000d which my first dslr which i played around with for 2 years....

then recently i've obtained a canon 650d which is a fab bit of kit

It's almost like a competition to see who's been shooting the longest :D

I've had cameras since i can remember, but my first proper Dslr was a Sony A200 about 4 years ago. I had numerous bridge cameras beforehand. Sony lenses are too hard to come by where I am so moved to Nikon, got a D200 and then a D90 which I still use.

Gripped Canon 450D - got it used about 2 years ago. I still have it at the moment, but I'm looking to upgrade to something that have a faster burst rate and a better ISO performance.

Canon 350D.. which was never technically mine, it was more on a "permanent loan" from my dad.
Now I have a lovely shiny Canon 600D.

Canon 350D, much like a chap a bit above it was more of a 'long loan' from my Dad :).

Now I've moved onto a Canon 40D and looking to get into the xD next!

Pentax ME Super and a 135 mm lens back n the 80's :D

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was a Fujica ST605 given to me by my grandfather, which I still have sat on my bookcase. My first DSLR was an Olympus e420, which by tge time I moved to Nikon I detested! Lol

First DSLR ➝ Canon 400D
First SLR ➝ Phenix DC303K 35mm

weybourne said:
Which one came first?

I got them both within a few weeks of eachother but most likely the DSLR :)

Back