Sparrows 52 Week Challenge - Week 1 Gate

Name
Liz
Edit My Images
No
week 1 gate

Hoping to make it to the end this time. Looking forward to taking part and getting back into using my camera more Liz

Week 0 - Your Area by BlueLizzy, on Flickr

View when taking Jack, our dog, for a walk. Managed to get out between the rain showers!

Last edited:
Another shot that looks way better on flickr than here...I love the aoft colours and tge gradient of the hill in this....

Welcome back Liz.

Another shot that looks way better on flickr than here...I love the aoft colours and tge gradient of the hill in this....
Is that because of the black background Mark, or because of the detail that Liz has captured when you zoom in?

Nice vibrant colours Liz, plenty of detail when you zoom in and you've even managed to find an interesting sky which over the past week has been nigh on impossible.
(y)

As has been said, much better viewed large on flickr, nice vibrant colours.

Lovely detail when you zoom in to it, very picturesque

Lovely countryside, all in focus. Perfect place to walk a dog.:)

Hi Liz, Nice shotbut as everybody says it looks better when larger. Can it be loaded from Flickr it to here with bigger dimensions? I don't use it but many on here seem to get them full screen from Flickr. Anyway a good start to the year:)

Looks so much better on flickr Liz love the colours of the trees and scrub against the blue of the sky and green grass

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.. I totally agree about it looking better on flickr. I was disappointed when I posted it on here. Perhaps I will try a larger size next time.

Is that because of the black background Mark, or because of the detail that Liz has captured when you zoom in?
As has been said, much better viewed large on flickr, nice vibrant colours.
Lovely countryside, all in focus. Perfect place to walk a dog.:)
Lovely detail when you zoom in to it, very picturesque
said looks much better on Flickr[/QUOTE
looks better when larger.
Agree better viewed on Flickr,
Looks so much better on flickr Liz

Last edited:
As above really better on Flickr but lacks a bit of a focul point, nice colours though

Welcome Liz, and good luck with your 2018 52. This is a lovely country scene and - as others have said - lots of detail when viewing the larger version on Flickr and really warm brown tones in the centre.

And what's that blue stuff at the top of the image? Haven't seen that for a while! :)

Hi and welcome Liz

Picturesque area. But doesn't look very sharp to me. Looking forward to seeing more. (y)

Hi Liz,

Nothing for me really to add, its all been said but welcome to the 52 and look forward to seeing more :D

As above really better on Flickr but lacks a bit of a focul point, nice colours though

Welcome Liz, and good luck with your 2018 52. This is a lovely country scene and - as others have said - lots of detail when viewing the larger version on Flickr and really warm brown tones in the centre.

icturesque area. But doesn't look very sharp to me. Looking forward to seeing more. (y)

Nothing for me really to add, its all been said but welcome to the 52 and look forward to seeing more :D

Thanks everyone, much appreciated:)

HDR lifts what would have been a pretty dark image I think and it's not over the top in anyway. I like the use of the border Liz.(y)

Nice image for Gate(d) lovely blue sky the black of the gates and arch really standout from the background

Interesting Gate, focused on the writing (y)

but I'm wondering about the surroundings .... anything of interest RHS that could have been included ?! and shot landscape orientation. ?

Hi Liz.
First think I thought when I saw this in the main thread was 'That's HDR'.
So, I can understand why you did it (I do HDR too when the light is really challenging), either the light or you wanted to try it out (which is what the 52 is all about), but for me, it's a bit too HDR.
Fair play for giving it a go :), if we don't try things it's boring and we don't grow.

Nice find and right on theme! But in my opinion it's a bit too tightly cropped on the right hand side...

Nice Picture, I can see why you framed it tight, a road is a road and does not add anything. I did notice the people disappearing or appearing in the background.

I like the processing.

Pete

Gate(d) - a lovely find and I like the subtle bit of HDR.
Thanks Mandy:)

HDR lifts what would have been a pretty dark image I think and it's not over the top in anyway. I like the use of the border Liz.(y)
Thanks John:)

Nice image for Gate(d) lovely blue sky the black of the gates and arch really standout from the background
Thanks Mark:)

Interesting Gate, focused on the writing (y)
but I'm wondering about the surroundings .... anything of interest RHS that could have been included ?! and shot landscape orientation. ?

Thanks Dave:). Unfortunately a church notice board was on the left and the road to the right which I decided to crop out. When I looked at my photos at home I did think I should have taken more time composing my shots :)

Hi Liz.
First think I thought when I saw this in the main thread was 'That's HDR'.
So, I can understand why you did it (I do HDR too when the light is really challenging), either the light or you wanted to try it out (which is what the 52 is all about), but for me, it's a bit too HDR.
Fair play for giving it a go :), if we don't try things it's boring and we don't grow.

Thanks Tim. I was worried I had over done the HDR but it wasn't the best of photographs so thought it would add a bit of umph:):)

Nice find and, right on theme! But in my opinion it's a bit too tightly cropped on the right hand side...
Thanks Bernd.:) I can see what you mean about the crop but I was a bit limited with the road on one side and a notice board on the other:):) perhaps could have looked for a better angle.

Nice Picture, I can see why you framed it tight, a road is a road and does not add anything. I did notice the people disappearing or appearing in the background.
I like the processing.

Thanks Pete:)

Well done Liz, a very nice gate shot with a dash of HDR to boot. Good texture in the wooden arch while showing the nice gate.

Thanks Dave:)

Last edited:
Back