weekly Stevesc's 52 in 2016. Week 35 "Black and White" added

Good to see you hanging on in there Steve, I ended up in hospital on holiday too last year and I missed a lot of weeks, I almost gave up, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

You've caught a beautiful light on your Lone tree, I really like the composition.
Difficult to choose between your two Game photos, I think the second one is my favourite, I prefer the focus on that one.
Nothing much more Serene than a perfectly still lake, fabulous reflections and perfect for the theme.

Lovely shot Steve. great reflections and Yeay for not placing the horizon in the middle :)

Hi Steve,
Lone works nicely. I think this is the first I've seen of a lone tree on the thread. Nicely composed and and interesting range in the sky, from blue and fluffy on the left to 'you don't want to be out in this' on the right.
I like the foreground too, very interesting stone formations :)

Game - I prefer the composition of #2, probably as you've kept the battleship in focus.

Serene - Great glassy water and reflections. I agree with Allan and David, the composition is spot on using the top third line for the horizon.

Beautiful scene Steve - those reflections are so sharp and clean. I particularly like the separation and graduated heights of the trees.

I love the beautiful light and textures of rocks and trunk in your lone tree shot - great leading lines in, too. I can't believe how still the water is in your lake shot - very lovely and perfect for the theme - I agree with everyone above that the placement of the horizon works really well. It's another vote for the second game picture - I like the dof and the way it leads your eye right through the frame. I'm glad you're hanging in there!

Cracking reflections Steve, it all works very well :)

Nice reflections and I like how you have the horizon in the top third most people would have done the reverse, works for me
Yes nice placement of horizon, colour and super clear reflection.
Good to see you hanging on in there Steve, I ended up in hospital on holiday too last year and I missed a lot of weeks, I almost gave up, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

You've caught a beautiful light on your Lone tree, I really like the composition.
Difficult to choose between your two Game photos, I think the second one is my favourite, I prefer the focus on that one.
Nothing much more Serene than a perfectly still lake, fabulous reflections and perfect for the theme.
Lovely shot Steve. great reflections and Yeay for not placing the horizon in the middle :)
Hi Steve,
Lone works nicely. I think this is the first I've seen of a lone tree on the thread. Nicely composed and and interesting range in the sky, from blue and fluffy on the left to 'you don't want to be out in this' on the right.
I like the foreground too, very interesting stone formations :)

Game - I prefer the composition of #2, probably as you've kept the battleship in focus.

Serene - Great glassy water and reflections. I agree with Allan and David, the composition is spot on using the top third line for the horizon.
Beautiful scene Steve - those reflections are so sharp and clean. I particularly like the separation and graduated heights of the trees.
Agreed very nice Steve, it does pay to go back if not happy, I too like your idea of showing more water, with such great reflections I'm not surprised it works so well, nice one (y)
I love the beautiful light and textures of rocks and trunk in your lone tree shot - great leading lines in, too. I can't believe how still the water is in your lake shot - very lovely and perfect for the theme - I agree with everyone above that the placement of the horizon works really well. It's another vote for the second game picture - I like the dof and the way it leads your eye right through the frame. I'm glad you're hanging in there!
Cracking reflections Steve, it all works very well :)
Spot on reflection Steve, very calm and serene

Thanks for lovely comments. The choice to put the horizon on the top third was a bit of a forced decision, There were overhanging branches which I made the decision to crop off but I also don't have a graduated ND filter and to get the trees exposed nicely the sky was too bright.

Hi Steve. b&w4 has that intriguing peek-a-boo facet about it which is quite engaging but I think I prefer b&w1 for it's simplicity. Excellent abstracts.

Interesting take on B&W Steve 2nd one for me.

Hi Steve. b&w4 has that intriguing peek-a-boo facet about it which is quite engaging but I think I prefer b&w1 for it's simplicity. Excellent abstracts.
Interesting take on B&W Steve 2nd one for me.
Hmmmmm tough choice, I like the intrigue of the second, but the symmetrical 1st pips it for me, a good set (y)
Serene:
^^ What Allan said! Nice job! (y)

B&W: 1st shot for me! Am a sucker for these abstract shots, and this works for me.
#1 for me, I love the symmetry

Thanks for the comments, I wasn't sure if they were too abstract but had run out of other ideas. Seems like #1 is the most popular.

Another vote for number one, I like the simplicity and the strong black/white contrast

Back