weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

After the axing of Play School by the BBC, Big Ted and Little Ted hatch a conspiracy to extort money...

Love it, nicely done.

Susie, loving this, everything is so perfect.funny but so evil too. Nothing else to add, Excellent

Great! Love the lighting! Will have to investigate the background- it looks great. Bit concerned by the gaffer tape \ teddy bear combination - I have a feeling it didn't end well????

Wow, love it! Your captive photo is cute AND terrifying lol. Makes me want to smile and scream at the same time! Love the ransom note and the tape. How did you do the blood? Was it pp?

Nice to see you back here again, off to a flying start with the first few themes keep up the good work.

Thanks for looking in Mandy :)

Have you seen Ransom? Me and Mel are coming to save the bear!

:) Yes I think I have seen that film.

Haha, I love that picture - really great :)

Thanks Sam (y)

Hi Susie.

Love your old shot. Sad to see boats left to that state.

Sadly your METAL shot isn't loading for me, so I'll come back to that.

And CAPTIVE.....Sweet Jesus!!!.....someone call the police!!! :eek:

Thanks Ruth ... :D a fun shot isn't it !

The poor teddies are certainly going through it this week :D
Nicely set up. And nice photo chopping too Susie (y)

I think it's the weather o_O...we all had to resort to something inside ...Thanks for looking in Cobra :)

I like the editing it really makes the image stand out, the lighting and coloring on Ted is spot on I on :clap:

Thanks Ruth ...The lighting for Ted is my cooker hood :D

Great thinking with the teddies and the ransom note. Love the shot.

Thank you Duncan ...much appreciated (y)

Hi Susie. Superb job here. Really like the use of gaffer tape on the bears and ransom note - pulls the composite together really well.

Thanks Jason ....I was lucky as they had those small pieces of tape for the note in the editing program I used, they blended in perfectly.

After the axing of Play School by the BBC, Big Ted and Little Ted hatch a conspiracy to extort money...

Love it, nicely done.

Thanks Chris ... it's put me in the mood for a bit more photo shoppery.

Susie, loving this, everything is so perfect.funny but so evil too. Nothing else to add, Excellent

Thanks Lee ... not one for the grandchildren to see :) much appreciate you looking in.

Great! Love the lighting! Will have to investigate the background- it looks great. Bit concerned by the gaffer tape \ teddy bear combination - I have a feeling it didn't end well????

Thanks Richard ...no bears were hurt in the making of this photo :) The lighting is from my cooker hood ...nothing very complicated. The editing program is called Pic Monkey, not at all sophisticated like Photoshop but it has some really good effects and it's very easy to use ... which suits me, I'm too old to learn anything too technical :whistle:

Wow, love it! Your captive photo is cute AND terrifying lol. Makes me want to smile and scream at the same time! Love the ransom note and the tape. How did you do the blood? Was it pp?

Thank you Sheylara ...yes, the blood came from the program mentioned above ...I think it's for kids, but it suits me :D

Great set-up Susie - love the intensely dramatic scene - really is knife edge stuff. Excellent.

well thought out, love the note, i'll give you £££££££££££'s to free little ted:D

Cash only please Walter @wallyboy ....no cheques :)

More cruelty from last years 52ers I see. Shame on you ;)
Great colours and clarity / sharpness.
Each time I go back to the shot I see something new. :clap:

Thanks Tim ...really appreciate your comments.

Monie or his life :)

Very well done, if a little disturbing :clap:

Cheers.

Thanks Andy ....it was good to try something new.

Great set-up Susie - love the intensely dramatic scene - really is knife edge stuff. Excellent.

Thanks Carl ....it was fun creating it :)

That is really quite scary...that drop of blood and those pleading eyes...eek! Great attention to detail Susie :)

Thanks Emma ...I did put some glycerine in the corner of his eyes to look like a tear but it didn't show up as well as I'd liked.

Well gave up on anything serious this week ...all my ideas came to nothing ...my insect eating plants are dead till the spring, no spiders outside in webs, I did catch a spider last night but the battery was flat in my camera and I had to let him go, and the weathers rubbish to go out soooo I decided on the ridiculous instead. Some of you may recall my Ted featuring last year, so I decided to get him out again, I sat them on top of my cooker and took a photo, and I added the rest PP, which was good fun as it's ages since I did any real fiddling about ....I really enjoyed doing it.

Captive TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Hi this is my first on line critique so Bear with me, you have a great sense of hummer well thought out like the low lighting well done

Hi this is my first on line critique so Bear with me, you have a great sense of hummer well thought out like the low lighting well done

hello William @WilliamMarks and welcome to the 52's, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I can't believe I'm on year three, it's just so good to have a weekly challenge ...I'm really pleased that you like it ...it was certainly fun to do.

Your captive shot is great, must have taken some setting up, but the poses of both bears is spot on. The drops of 'blood' make such a difference to the end result, the crazy lighting definitely adds to the effect. (y)

Susie, I'm shocked :eek::facepalm:

How could you do that to Little Ted, he'll be scarred (and scared) for life now :(

Great interpretaion and made me LOL at the inventiveness, especially the drop of blood :clap::clap:

Oh poor little ted. I am on my way to rescue him. The sort of thing I used to do to my teddies when I was young and sometimes tie a bit of string around them and swing them round the room. Great take on theme as always.

Love the idea and execution of captive - I daren't show my daughter!

Poor little ted I hope he got a big hug after his ordeal.
excellent take on the theme great picture

Perhaps we should do a Ted, Angry Bird themed shoot ! Likewise Susie, this brought a smile to me face. Really liked your first submission of the wreck.

Your captive shot is great, must have taken some setting up, but the poses of both bears is spot on. The drops of 'blood' make such a difference to the end result, the crazy lighting definitely adds to the effect. (y)

Thanks mark ...I actually really enjoyed doing this one ...maybe I should be worried about myself :D

Susie, I'm shocked :eek::facepalm:

How could you do that to Little Ted, he'll be scarred (and scared) for life now :(

Great interpretaion and made me LOL at the inventiveness, especially the drop of blood :clap::clap:

Thanks Jill ...I saw that little spot of blood in the effects and thought it would add extra drama :)

Oh poor little ted. I am on my way to rescue him. The sort of thing I used to do to my teddies when I was young and sometimes tie a bit of string around them and swing them round the room. Great take on theme as always.

Thanks Mandy ...he has been around the block a bit ....I've had him for over sixty years :eek:

Love the idea and execution of captive - I daren't show my daughter!

:) I thought the same Chris ....not one for the grandsons !

Love it Susie :clap: the blood ! :D

Thanks Jon ...I think it had the desired effect :)

Poor little ted I hope he got a big hug after his ordeal.
excellent take on the theme great picture

Thank you. Yes he's been unstuck safely :)

Perhaps we should do a Ted, Angry Bird themed shoot ! Likewise Susie, this brought a smile to me face. Really liked your first submission of the wreck.

:) that would be good fun Jeff .... I dread to imagine what would happen !

I had so many ideas for Miniature ...ended up with three, and they're all so different I decided to put them all on.

Miniature Marmite Spillage

Miniature Marmite TP 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Miniature Surfer
I really wanted more outdoor shots this year, it was such a lovely day yesterday we took a walk to the local surfing beach. The surfer looks so tiny on the wave in the choppy sea I thought it suited the theme.

Miniature TP Sea 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Miniature
While we were out I tried to do an in camera miniature, I think this looks reasonably miniatured !
(hard to believe its the same afternoon as the above shot, the sun had really dropped by the time we got round to the surfing beach.

Miniature TP 2016 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
LOL I love the Marmite clean up crew Susie (y)

Hi Susie. Yes, I too like the Marmite shot although the last comes a close second. You've certainly got the balance right with Marmite ... yes, the white balance too but was thinking more of the 1:4 workers to management ratio ha ha. Very creative and so well put together. Bravo. :clap:

#1 It's a pity that the miniature wheelbarrow has no shadow, but then most things miniature don't... But great idea, great framing, props and lighting! :) Maybe you could have avoided the edge of the table in the right upper corner of the frame?

#2 At first I didn't even see the surfers in the huge waves, definitely miniature! Looks cold too...

#3 Looks very miniatured, great composition and brilliant colours.

LOL I love the Marmite clean up crew Susie (y)

Thanks Cobra :)

Hi Susie. Yes, I too like the Marmite shot although the last comes a close second. You've certainly got the balance right with Marmite ... yes, the white balance too but was thinking more of the 1:4 workers to management ratio ha ha. Very creative and so well put together. Bravo. :clap:

Thanks Carl ...I wanted them to look suitably gazing at the mess but not doing a lot :D

#1 It's a pity that the miniature wheelbarrow has no shadow, but then most things miniature don't... But great idea, great framing, props and lighting! :) Maybe you could have avoided the edge of the table in the right upper corner of the frame?

#2 At first I didn't even see the surfers in the huge waves, definitely miniature! Looks cold too...

#3 Looks very miniatured, great composition and brilliant colours.

Thank you Bernd ...I put the wrong one on for Marmite, I'd cropped that corner off ...the right one is on now. Much appreciate you looking in.

I think I've still missed a bit in that corner !!

Last edited:
#1 - You'll either love it or hate it (sorry :coat:). As Bernd says, they could do with shadows.
So therefore I feel the pick of the bunch is #3, I do love a well executed TS effect and I feel that *is* well executed.
As for the surfer in #2. I'm glad you explained, it took a while to find him/her. I don't think I would have wanted to be out on a board in that!

Back