weekly Susiejb 52 in 2016 Celebrate

#1 - You'll either love it or hate it (sorry :coat:). As Bernd says, they could do with shadows.
So therefore I feel the pick of the bunch is #3, I do love a well executed TS effect and I feel that *is* well executed.
As for the surfer in #2. I'm glad you explained, it took a while to find him/her. I don't think I would have wanted to be out on a board in that!

Thanks Tim ...shadows :eek: flippin 'eck it took me all day to do that :)

Glad to read you like #3 I wasn't sure till I got home how they would turn out and I can see me really liking the effect...I must go down there again soon and try some more.

The sea was rough ...they certainly are are so skillful when they catch a wave.

Hi Susie. 3 great shots for Miniature. I love the idea with the Marmite but there's something I can't quite put my finger on that's not right. Maybe the figures don't look grounded, especially the one on the right. That surfer is definitely Miniature and I just love the t/s on the harbour, much better than mine :clap::clap::clap:

Hi Susie. 3 great shots for Miniature. I love the idea with the Marmite but there's something I can't quite put my finger on that's not right. Maybe the figures don't look grounded, especially the one on the right. That surfer is definitely Miniature and I just love the t/s on the harbour, much better than mine :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Jill ...I think shadows are the answer:eek: I may have a little mess with it tomorrow and try and draw some in. I really like that tilt/shift effect ...not tried it before.

Hi Susie the first one a bit of a marmite shot, I hate marmite but I like this (y) could do with some shadows on the figures which is quite easy in PS
The surfer must be crazy it looks rough out there and the third one is not really working for me, its a difficult thing to pull off tilt shift

Marmite - Oh, it's really good. Makes me laugh. Well, the workmen need to have shadows but I won't complain as I think you've done really well fitting those men so aptly around the puddle.

Surfer - I wouldn't have noticed the surfer if you didn't mention it. :p

Boats - Yay, tilt shift. Love it! All the cute little boats and that cute little house!

Hi Susie the first one a bit of a marmite shot, I hate marmite but I like this (y) could do with some shadows on the figures which is quite easy in PS
The surfer must be crazy it looks rough out there and the third one is not really working for me, its a difficult thing to pull off tilt shift

Thanks Allan ....I dont have PS but have had a go at 'drawing in' some shadows, not sure if it looks a bit naff though, I'll have another go at it tomorrow.

Marmite - Oh, it's really good. Makes me laugh. Well, the workmen need to have shadows but I won't complain as I think you've done really well fitting those men so aptly around the puddle.

Surfer - I wouldn't have noticed the surfer if you didn't mention it. :p

Boats - Yay, tilt shift. Love it! All the cute little boats and that cute little house!

Thank you Sheylara, the shadows (mentioned above) may yet appear ....but then agsin they may not :D

Yo ... three very different themed shots (y) ... the Marmite (with all its faults - see above) is most outstanding ... wacky stuff susie ... bring it on. :D

Liking the marmite shot - very creative and well executed. Certainly hits the theme. Did you shoot both elements specifically for the final composite?

Spooks

Marmite clean up is a great idea well executed! My favourite of the three shots is the second - the first and last match the theme best, but the middle one is the most pleasing to the eye.

I'm not a huge fan of the tilt and shift stuff in general, but I love the creativity of the marmite clean up but I find myself drawn to the waves, lots of nice detail in the water :)

#1 for me, great idea and #3 is a close second, the tilt/shift effect in #3 works really well, good choice of subject for it.

Yo ... three very different themed shots (y) ... the Marmite (with all its faults - see above) is most outstanding ... wacky stuff susie ... bring it on. :D

Ta d00d ....yes I need to master shadows, have had a bit of a fiddle with it, had to draw the shadows in o_O its on my Flickr https://flic.kr/p/Dct1pd

#1 is a decent job. The chaps look to be floating, though.

#2 for me, Really like this one. Very good sense of scale.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I like the sea one too.

The Marmite one is my favourite, brilliant :clap:

Thanks Liz ...I did enjoy doing that one :)

Last edited:
Liking the marmite shot - very creative and well executed. Certainly hits the theme. Did you shoot both elements specifically for the final composite?

Spooks

Hi Simon ...I set up and shot the Marmite, for the workmen I searched the Internet for suitable workmen and layered them on to my Marmite one.

Lol..... love the Marmite shot. Such a clever interpretation. Issues with shadows missing but the spot on scaling more than makes up for it. Like it Susie

Thanks Jason glad you like it ....I'm feeling a bit annoyed with myself about the shadows now, i should have thought of that, theres a rather feeble hand drawn edit on my Flickr. https://flic.kr/p/Dct1pd

Marmite clean up is a great idea well executed! My favourite of the three shots is the second - the first and last match the theme best, but the middle one is the most pleasing to the eye.

Thanks Phil ....thats my favourite too.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of the tilt and shift stuff in general, but I love the creativity of the marmite clean up but I find myself drawn to the waves, lots of nice detail in the water :)

Thanks Ruth ...the sea was amazing, I must walk down there again soon and get some more shots, I was out with my hubby and he gets fed up of waiting for me :)

#1 for me, great idea and #3 is a close second, the tilt/shift effect in #3 works really well, good choice of subject for it.

Thanks Chris .. I really like that tilt/shift effect too ....I'll definitely try it again soon.

Three nice shots there for miniature.

The marmite one is nicely set up and made me smile. The version with the shadow does help ground the workmen a bit more but for me the problem is the angle of the wheelbarrow looks wrong with the lid on the table, not sure how you could correct that in editing though.

It took me a while to find the surfer in #2, so he's definitely miniature. I like the drama of the waves but I think the surfer is just a bit to lost for me.

Love #3, the tilt shift effect works for me but it's the colours that I really love in this shot. So bright, and the colour of the water is beautiful. Only slight critique would be if you had been able to move slightly to get rid of the large lampost at the front as it detracts from the image and effect for me.

Susie, the marmite is just perfect. Excellent.

Thanks Lee ...I'm glad you like it :)

Nothing feeble with that at all..... Does the job perfectly. :)

Thanks Jason, much appreciated ...it's all a learning curve, and I'm always willing to have a go at improving :)

Three nice shots there for miniature.

The marmite one is nicely set up and made me smile. The version with the shadow does help ground the workmen a bit more but for me the problem is the angle of the wheelbarrow looks wrong with the lid on the table, not sure how you could correct that in editing though.

It took me a while to find the surfer in #2, so he's definitely miniature. I like the drama of the waves but I think the surfer is just a bit to lost for me.

Love #3, the tilt shift effect works for me but it's the colours that I really love in this shot. So bright, and the colour of the water is beautiful. Only slight critique would be if you had been able to move slightly to get rid of the large lampost at the front as it detracts from the image and effect for me.

Thank you Steve ... the Marmite one, as mentioned above, I 'll use as a learning step, it really was more a bit of fun, but if the next one can be improved then I'm all for it, I actually really like this miniature effect and hopefully can use it again in another theme.. Same with the tilt/shift one, it wasn't until I was back home and put them on the computer that I realised how nice they looked so it's definitely on the reshoot list.

I think I like #2 best, you should have stuck with this!

#3 is well done if a bit heavy on the saturation...

#1 I'm a bit marmite on! :ROFLMAO:

Marmite is a bit ott on the PP for my liking. I prefer a more natural shot but it's well done regardless. The boats are far more my cuppa and one of my favourites I think :)

I love the marmite clean up crew but can see what they mean about shadows

I too had to look for the Surfer

The tilt shift picture really works

All on theme well done

I think I like #2 best, you should have stuck with this!

#3 is well done if a bit heavy on the saturation...

#1 I'm a bit marmite on! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Brian :)

Nice one Susie, I guess the marmite image, you either like it or you don't ;)

Phil

Yes, it definitely seems a bit like that Phil :)

Marmite is a bit ott on the PP for my liking. I prefer a more natural shot but it's well done regardless. The boats are far more my cuppa and one of my favourites I think :)

Thanks Ian ..I do like messing so the marmite one was irresistible, but I agree the boats are nice.

Love the marmite and think its a great, clever, interpretation and fun to boot but the TS boat scene is my favorite and think its a lovely image :)

Thanks Jon ...I really like that one too.

I love the marmite clean up crew but can see what they mean about shadows

I too had to look for the Surfer

The tilt shift picture really works

All on theme well done

Thank you for looking and commenting ...much appreciated :)

We came out of the Leisure Centre with the grandsons this morning and Archie was in high spirits so I decided to seize the moment, the background was awful so I thought the collage would hopefully draw the eye away from it and focus the eye on my gorgeous happy little chap.

he sure is HAPPY

Happy TP2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ha ha ha - such a happy chappie. Well caught Susie - great action shots. Who cares about the bg - he's drawing all the attention with his energy and antics. Excellent. :clap:

Lovely set of photos and the collage really adds to the theme

A happy chappie indeed, nicely taken and presented Susie (y)

Ha ha ha - such a happy chappie. Well caught Susie - great action shots. Who cares about the bg - he's drawing all the attention with his energy and antics. Excellent. :clap:

Thanks Carl ...I'm pleased that you like it :)

:agree: Yes fab ! Just perfect.

Thank yoooo :)

Gaz

I don't think we'll see anything more on theme than these this week! What a gorgeous boy and well caught action shots. I think I might have to go off and have a bounce, now - it's infectious!

:) He certainly is full of energy Emma.

Lovely set of photos and the collage really adds to the theme

Thanks Chris (y)

Hi Susie, I think any one of the photos would work on their own, I do have to say I am not fond of the collage as it looks like one of those awful frames people have with pictures of the family in

Back