Talk Photography Fantasy Football League(s) for 2020/21.

I think that the postponements will have affected a lot of people's scores this week. :( :rolleyes:

Despite having a relatively low scoring week, and seeing their lead at the top of the league reduced to 25 points, Amber Army (37) are still top, and have exactly 1000 points. :oops: :$:clap: Klopp Klopp Boom (53) are still in 2nd. Biggin Bangers (49) stay in 3rd. The Puckers (53) move up from 6th > 4th. Penfold's Dangermice (38) and Farcealona (34) each fall a position to 5th and 6th respectively.

The average points for the week was 37. The highest scorer of the week was Mrs Smith's Boys with 59. :clap:

I seem to have chosen the wrong week to use my Bench Boost. Three players not gaining any points because of the two postponed games, and another two not gaining any points because of not being picked or used in their game. despite that, I got more points than the average, with 45 points. :) That moved me up a position to 20th, and on equal points with One Season Wonder in 19th. :) Thankfully for me, but not for them, Rotund FC were hit particularly hard with the postponements, and only had 7 scoring players for a total of 17 points, :oops: :$ and fall from 19th > 21st. Much better luck this coming week. (y)

Games on New Years Day, so the deadline for changes this week is Fri 1 Jan @16:00.

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 16
1609433835752.png

Last edited:
Biggin Bangers lead increased at the top of the H2H League, as they won their match up with Hardly Athletic 49 - 27. Second placed Amber Army are now seven points behind after losing their H2H with tarric tots 37 - 46. Klopp Klopp Boom in 3rd are now just one point behind after beating horspath hounds 53 - 34 in their H2H.

In a close H2H Penfold's Dangermice were victorious against AVERAGE 38 - 37. :clap:

Next to take on AVERAGE is me. :oops: :$ Seeing as I yoyo either side of the average score seemingly every week, having got more than the average this week, I'm not hopeful for next week. :rolleyes: :LOL:

And speaking of close games, the other one point game was between me and Ball Oxes, and sadly I lost 45 - 46. :( I remain in 17th place, as Woodys wonders below, on the same points, also lost their H2H.

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 16 Results and Gameweek 17 Fixtures
1609435132285.png

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 16
1609435208234.png

I dodged a bullet, I think, by playing Average this game week when I lost nearly half my squad through cancellations, subs by managers, and injuries. I'm now wondering whether more matches will be cancelled this weekend.

Just to add for those who might not have noticed, but the Wild Card button has returned for the transfer window and looks like it can be used before tomorrow's matches. :)

I am tempted to make use of that, as I have a couple City players and atm I don't want to lose points for transfers, might well be the best week to it

Looking further into it, seeing that GW 19 is now a double week for some teams, that would be ideal for anyone with bench boost left, but it means wild carding to accomodate teams who play twice that week isn't a bad idea either. I blew my BB long ago, but for anyone who's got it left ... [maybe I shouldn't tip that one! lol] but all the info is there on the FF site

Last edited:
The second wildcard was always planned to kick in at wk16 this season. If you didn't play the first wildcard by then, I'm afraid you've lost it!

I'm planning on City v Chelsea being cancelled this week (I've got rid of city players, benching Chelsea ones) along with the Fulham match, but that one doesn't affect me.
Of course the main things to plan for are the blank games in WK 18 (only 5 fixtures) and the double games in WK 19 (15 fixtures) but my transfers for the last 4 weeks have all been made with those in mind. I'll Free Hit in 18 to have a full playing squad from those 5 fixtures, then my team returning for WK 19 will have 10 players playing twice, thanks to those recent transfers, one of whom will be triple captained to benefit from playing twice.

Last edited:
I used my first WC earlier on, so all good for me on that. Though I also blew my triple C and BB early too, but, I am hanging in the top half thus far.

Are we sure the Chelsea/City match will be pulled? Still could be worth keeping the City players on bench for the double week

Not certain no, I'm just guessing that it's too soon after the first cancellation? They only have one game in the double week though.

update...
Scratch that - they've slotted the city v villa game in that week too, must have done that today. So now there's 16 fixtures not 15

Last edited:
Aside from any potential issues regarding Covid at City, it's hard to include their players for the pricing atm, there's players filling similar positions from lower down clubs clocking just as much points - freeing up a lot of that limited budget ... of course, that's the game :) it's a puzzle, a challenge, bit of managerial skillz involved

Hoping for some cancellation news before today's deadline as I still have a transfer to make.

I think I'm good to go, used the WC to shake things up was debating with myself between vardy and Kane otherwise I think my team is solid. Sticking with Fernandez as Captain for now

I didn't see what players but city have pulled 5 it seems, there's an article on the site somewhere

Last edited:
Apparantly Ederson probably, plus 2 unknowns, along with walker and Jesus we already know about.
I ended up bringing Vardy in, getting rid of DCL after some below par performances and not having a double coming up. Captain is Bruno

I should've checked Everton, Keane hasn't started but I have Chilwell on the bench if he starts should swap in. I went with Vardy too, I've had both him and Kane at one point and when I had Kane it was during his dry spell - I think Vardy will also play twice GW19 where Kane only plays the once. it's an easy swap either way as I'll have 2 free transfers next week, would be a swap and slight downgrade of a sub to do it. I kept CL, he's got one last chance! If he can't score against WH at home then he's gone I think

Last edited:
Awesome start for me... Cresswell & Soucek - Goal/Assist/Clean sheet combo... 22 points off 2 West Ham players! Hope the rest of the week carries on like that (it won't!)

Awesome start for me... Cresswell & Soucek - Goal/Assist/Clean sheet combo... 22 points off 2 West Ham players! Hope the rest of the week carries on like that (it won't!)

I actually had Soucek in earlier, then switched up again, always the way, think it was El Ghazi I switched for so maybe he'll do something .... there I go jinxing players yet again :D

Yeah ... if I'd not had Fernandes captain, I'd have just had junk tonight. Always a juggle innit ... CL needs to go but so does Rashford, he had one chance for that money

I would be such a no nonsense, no BS manager, yer out if you don't perform simple!

[edit] nm, got that wrong, it's @Marc I face this week, and he's kicking my butt thus far, long way to go though, both of us had Bruno Cap, but the difference atm is Creswell

Last edited:
Amber Army's (64) lead at the top is reduced to 16 points from Klopp Klopp Boom (73) in 2nd. Biggin Bangers (49) had a relatively poor week, though remain in 3rd. Highest scorer of the week, :clap:Penfold's Dangermice with 75 points, move up into 4th. Farcealona (73) move up to 5th, and the The Puckers (40) move from 4th > 6th as a result.

The average points for the week was 56.

I toyed with using the 2nd Wild Card, though I resisted to maybe use is over the next few weeks with the cups altering the number of teams playing each week. Thankfully I did, as I got 65 points, :) 12 points more than the team I would have used with my planned Wild Card changes. :oops: :$ :thinking: :LOL: I was in 20th place, on equal points with One Season Wonder in 19th, but they got 53 points, so I move up into 19th place. If I had used the Wild Card we would have stayed on equal points and in the same positions. :rolleyes: :LOL:

As mentioned above, because of the Cups, there are only six games for the next gameweek. The deadline for changes is Tue 12th Jan @16:30.

Btw
, the gameweek after will follow the day after the next gamaweeks ends, so limited time to make changes. There will also be 16 games to compensate for the shortfall this coming game week. You have been warned. ;) :LOL:

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 17
1609865300759.png

Last edited:
Biggin Bangers lost their H2H with JUSTSTAYEDUP 49 - 63, so remain on 42 points in top spot. Second placed Amber Army also lost their H2H with Farcealona 64 - 73 and move to third, and Klopp Klopp Boom won their H2H with Woodys wonders 73 - 52 to move onto 37 points, two points ahead of Amber Army on 35.

Penfold's Dangermice, Hardly Athletic, Ball Oxes, and Banished to Riyadh are all on 28 points in 4th, 5th, and 6th and 6th respectively. ;) 6th and 6th btw, as Ball Oxes and Banished to Riyadh are on equal points, and equal gameweek points. :oops: :$

No draws or really close games this week.

Next week the stand out is 1st v 3rd, as Biggin Bangers and Amber Army go H2H. The result may not change the leader, but their lead could be reduced. ;)

I took on AVERAGE, and thankfully came out ahead 65 - 56. :) That enabled me to move up a place to 18th (on 18 points), though on equal points as Rotund FC, but ahead on accumulated game points.

Next to take on AVERAGE are Atletico High Street. Rombo rakanaka. ;)

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 17 Results and Gameweek 18 Fixtures
1609868195509.png

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 17
1609868250402.png

Last edited:
Atrocious week for me that was, below average, blew my WC, got so annoyed with some players already made some transfer without realising games aren't till next Tues :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

I've not made any changes for a few weeks and i think its showing! Need to up my game

A reminder to everyone, that the FA Cup is over for now, and the Premier League continues tomorrow. and so the deadline for changes is Tue 12th Jan @16:30.

Fyi, a limited number of games this gameweek, but extra games the week after, so check for injuries and/or Covid, and change (or not ;)) accordingly.

I made my transfers too early so left it alone today, if I'd waited I'd have switched out CL, but ... half a team or so for this week, couldn't afford to lose anymore points

For once I made the right decision in not using my free hit the other week but had to use it for this one since I think I had only 4 or 5 players playing this week.

What a complete and utter balls up! Somehow, I managed to miss the 2 Villa players when I played my free hit and, to add insult to injury, my captain has been booked and is on zero points so far. Oh, and I brought Calvert-Lewin in as part of the free ht and he's suddenly picked up a hamstring injury.

Wonder what the record is for the lowest scoring week.

Well, well, Keane woke up, 11 pts is nice for a defender, not so nice my captain getting only 4pts and only have 5 players in action this week though on top of the fact the 17pts I earned owe 16 back for transfers :ROFLMAO:

Great to hear you're all doing terrible too though (y):D

What a complete and utter balls up! Somehow, I managed to miss the 2 Villa players when I played my free hit and, to add insult to injury, my captain has been booked and is on zero points so far. Oh, and I brought Calvert-Lewin in as part of the free ht and he's suddenly picked up a hamstring injury.

Wonder what the record is for the lowest scoring week.
I'm not sure why but the Tottenham v Villa game was postponed and replaced with Tottenham v Fulham with just 48 hours notice. I only discovered it by chance, myself, when I went to check on any last-minute injuries about an hour before the deadline.

I'm not sure why but the Tottenham v Villa game was postponed and replaced with Tottenham v Fulham with just 48 hours notice. I only discovered it by chance, myself, when I went to check on any last-minute injuries about an hour before the deadline.

Ah, that might explain it. (y)

I used the Wild Card, and worked my 'magic' on Bruno Fernandez, who was one of my new players and Captain, and got 4 points. :oops: :$ It was looking like 2 points last night, as he got a Yellow Card, but for some reason he has got a point for a clean sheet, for a Midfielder, :thinking: never noticed that before, but it doubled my points. :)

For anyone who has Fernandez, sorry, but welcome to my world this season. :banghead: ;) :LOL:

7 points so far from three players, and another five players to score from the remaining games for this gameweek. Fingers crossed. ;)

Well, well, Keane woke up, 11 pts is nice for a defender, not so nice my captain getting only 4pts and only have 5 players in action this week though on top of the fact the 17pts I earned owe 16 back for transfers :ROFLMAO:

Great to hear you're all doing terrible too though (y):D

benched him this week, had a choice between him and Sais, bit like my luck on roulette this

I used the Wild Card, and worked my 'magic' on Bruno Fernandez, who was one of my new players and Captain, and got 4 points. :oops: :$ It was looking like 2 points last night, as he got a Yellow Card, but for some reason he has got a point for a clean sheet, for a Midfielder, :thinking: never noticed that before, but it doubled my points. :)

For anyone who has Fernandez, sorry, but welcome to my world this season. :banghead: ;) :LOL:

7 points so far from three players, and another five players to score from the remaining games for this gameweek. Fingers crossed. ;)

I free hit him in this week along with Cavanni, proving once again you should never rely on someone in red :)

My luck with this seasons Fantasy Football continues, as Tierney, who I brought in as part of my many Wild Card changes, and probably Arsenal's best player in their last game, was not even included in their squad. :oops: :$ :rolleyes: :banghead: :LOL:

With Tierney taken away, I only had seven players getting points this week, but will have, hopefully seven players able to get points from two games next week. Fingers crossed those that are able to play two games, actually play the two games, though I think some may be rested like Tierney supposedly was tonight. :rolleyes:

A weird week, limited fixtures because of the FA Cup, and Covid affecting games too. :rolleyes: That will of course have affected some people's scores more than others depending on which teams their squads were comprised from, and whether they could change to take the limited games into account. That said, most, particularly those at the top, seemed to have come out very well.

Amber Army (58) extended their lead at the top to 23 points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom (51). Biggin Bangers score of 24 points obviously lengthen their deficit to the top two, but also enables Farcealona (55) to move up to 4th, now just 5 points behind. Farcealona also moved ahead of Penfold's Dangermice (44) in 5th, though just by 1 point. Both gained massively on Biggin Bangers.

The leaders had a high score, but the highest scorer of the week were Woody's wonders with 59 points. :clap:

The average points for the week was 30 points, so you can see some were quite a bit ahead of the average, and sadly, there were a few in single figures too. :oops: :$ There is an interesting score in the H2H league. See post further down. ;)

I decided to use the last Wild Card for last week, rather than waiting for this coming week with some teams having two games. I scored 21 points, below the average, but I'm hoping the many changes will work going forward. I remain in 19th place, :) though One Season Wonder (26) are now just 7 points behind. :oops: :$ ;) :LOL:

No games today, so the deadline for changes is Sat 16th Jan @11:00.

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 18
1610725463404.png

Back