TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

My Transfers were pretty simple, Onana and Wissa out, Vicario and Ferguson in. Although Ferguson is injured [God knows we could have done with him for Ireland in the last 2 games!] he's 75% and fits the budget! - Certainly not 'necessary' transfers, just a little shifting around with future in mind. Onana just hasn't produced thus far for £5m, keepers are always an iffy at best, very hard to predict, moreso than defenders. Since I have a Spure def already, figured their keeper, who's doing well, couldn't be a bad choice. Wissa ... well, he just stalled ... go get that hat-trick now boyo, you are under my Jinx!!

Last edited:
Well I blew my triple captain this week, could have been a lot worse if Haaland didn't score! And at least Salah had a good game with 2 assists, he's become a bit of a differential now as many offloaded him to bring in the likes of Son or cheaper mids to have funds to play with. The 2 games tomorrow decide if I have an average or good week, got 3 Arsenal players and Sterling for Chelsea [on his last warning from me! :D ]

Last edited:
It did look a potentially big score for Haaland, as does next game week, but I'll keep my TC in reserve for a double game week.

It did look a potentially big score for Haaland, as does next game week, but I'll keep my TC in reserve for a double game week.
Yeah I was hoping to catch a break on an average week knowing most will indeed do it on a double. Last season those double weeks didn't pan out as expected, there will be a lot of switch about for teams also playing in Europe, so no guarantee Haaland will play both games for example. I did get some consolation from the game with Word Prowse scoring though, so it wasn't a complete flop, just not the mega score it might have been. I think bench boost, once I get the bench stronger, is a better bet for double weeks.

I always see it as no point playing too safe when you're already far behind. Gotta take chances, that's what keeps me interested, the possible successful sneak attack ;)

Nice to be back, and with my meagre points after an email to FF! Things can only get better-i hope!!

I'm happy to see a couple more enter the league, makes me look better if I can stay top half at least :D

Not a bad week for me, coulda-shoulda been a little spicier as I used my triple captain [one assist on top woulda been sweet] , but there will be weeks Haaland doesn't score and possibly gets carded out of frustration, I'm not sad to get that TC out the way, one less thing to worry about

Amber Army's(47) lead at the top is reduced to 24 points from Woodys Wonders(56), who move up from joint 4th to 2nd.

Klopp Klopp Boom(40) stay in 3rd, but Onana what's my name(26) drop from 2nd>4th. King Kangaroo(33) technically drop to 5th by virtue of them no longer being on equal points with Woodys Wonders.

Highest point scorer of the week was New Oak Utd with 59. :clap:

Average point score for the week was 44.

There is no Friday game, or early Saturday game, this gameweek, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 23rd Sep @13:30.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW5
1695143920681.png

Last edited:
There are still two unbeaten teams in the Head2Head league, with Amber Army still ahead of Woody's Wonders on accumulated points. Amber Army beat Biggin Bangers 47-40. Woodys Wonders came out ahead of horspath hounds 56-43 in their H2H.

Klopp Klopp Boom are in 3rd, 5 points behind the top two, after winning the H2H with King Kangaroo 40-33.

There are 5 teams a point behind on 9 points, Onana what's my name, Me, New Oak utd, Banished to Ryadh and Hardly Athletic, in that order, 4th>8th.

TP H2H League Results GW5
1695145704114.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW6
1695145719682.png
TP H2H Table GW5
1695145738352.png

I had a good week, with 51 points, above the 44 average. :)

But, if I hadn't have made the wholesale changes I did with the Wildcard, I would probably have got 54 points. :rolleyes::LOL: I think Gabriel getting 5 points, who had not been playing, was the biggest difference. Wilson will usually get a goal or two when fit. Sadly he's injured too often. Hope he stays fit now.

I think I am happy with the squad I have now. :) Time will tell whether I made a long term boo boo. ;)

What I would got have versus what I did get.
1695153889178.jpeg

I had a good week, with 51 points, above the 44 average. :)

But, if I hadn't have made the wholesale changes I did with the Wildcard, I would probably have got 54 points. :rolleyes::LOL: I think Gabriel getting 5 points, who had not been playing, was the biggest difference. Wilson will usually get a goal or two when fit. Sadly he's injured too often. Hope he stays fit now.

I think I am happy with the squad I have now. :) Time will tell whether I made a long term boo boo. ;)

What I would got have versus what I did get.
View attachment 401731

Always the way innit? My WC week didn't go so hot round 3, but, it has laid a stronger foundation to build on I feel. Though many of the transfers I made have been ousted since, I still have Walker, Salah, Word-Prowse, Gusto from that WC week and others I was able to sell for players who have since improved. I mean, I 'only' did 2 transfers last week :D and was highest score, feel I would have done a couple more if I'd not wild-carded couple weeks prior, none of the players I transfered out have done much since, thankfully [Diaz, Wissa, Onana, March ...] The only flop was Sterling in for Mbeumo, not sure what to do with him as I feel he will get goals.

Makes no difference what he does with Haaland, everyone has him!

Sad but true! I for real wouldn't be terribly sad if Haaland went out injured for a bit [I wouldn't wish harm on anyone, but just y'know, stubs his toe and has to sit out 3-4 weeks!]

It would force FPL players to think a little more outside the box for a bit. Last season was the most forced Fwd 'meta' over the 6 years I've played the game, and it's continuing into this season. When the most expensive player is head and shoulders above the average/decent player, you don't really have a choice but build your team around him or fall way behind fast

Daaaamn! What a close HU for me, Vs Amber Amy ... it came down to Trippier Vs Botman, I was 1pt ahead [5 but -4 for transfers] going in, just needed Botman to come out with the same points, but Trippier decides he's having the better game - 4 assists vs 1 goal :/ And Trippier has the bonus points wrapped up.

RIP anyone with Shef Utd defenders though :eek:

Looks a very nice week for you @redhed17 !

Last edited:
I've finally offloaded Sterling, 6pts over 3 games for 7.1m just doesn't cut it sunshine! I managed to bring in Son using just one extra transfer, he replaces Maddison [showing as having a knee injury and I think Son will get more points over the season] and Neto comes in for the budget in place of Sterling. This does mean having to keep Gusto for now, I'm sure many will boot him this week, but as he is only £4.1m it'll be hard to just make 1-2 transfers to shift him for a decent replacement. Or just do as I did, shove him to the end of the bench and worry about it when I want to use bench boost!

Last edited:
Amber Army(82) are still leading the league ahead not Woodys Wonders, but me(107). :) I move up from 6th>2nd after very good week, and am now 23 points behind the leader.

Woodys Wonders(72) drop a place to 3rd, and Klopp Klopp Boom(72) drop to 4th. New Oak Utd(81) move up from 8th>5th.

Highest scorer of the week was me, ;) with 107. :oops: :$ :banana:

The average point score for the week was 68.

No Friday game, but an early Saturday game, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 30th Sep @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW6
1695659917913.png

In the Head2Head league, leader Amber Army are now the only unbeaten team with a 100% record, :clap: after beating New oak Utd 82-77.

Woodys Wonders are still 2nd, despite losing their H2H with Hardly Athletic 72-88. Klopp Klopp Boom are still in 3rd, after winning their H2H with Medway United 72-68, and are now 2 points behind Woodys Wonders.

I moved up into 4th, 1 point behind Klopp Klopp Boom, after beating Onana what's my name, 107-68. Banished to Riyadh and Hardly Athletic are 5th and 6th on the same 12 points. As well as Hardly Athletic winning their H2H above, Banished to Riyadh also won their H2H with Penfold's Dangermice, 75-63.

Klopp Klopp Boom and I go H2H next week, so that could be significant to either of us.

TP H2H Table GW6
1695661054838.png

TP H2H League Results GW6
1695661071422.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW7

1695661082992.png

Last edited:
Yeah really nice week for you @redhed17 it's good to see more competition up top - I'm happy if I can stay within 60/70 pts of the leader for now, one big week can swing things about

After probably getting less points than if I had not used my Wildcard last week, this week most of the changes had a very good week. :)

It could have been better than 107 points, as two players didn't play the whole game, and so only got 1 point each. :rolleyes: The next two players off the bench would given me another 14 points. Still, this may be the high score of the season, bar using any of the Triple Captain or Bench Boost, and it moved my quite a few places into 2nd.

I'm tempted to end the league now, as I doubt I will get anywhere near that point haul, or go any higher. ;) :LOL:

Dang, shoulda known not to make transfers too early! trying to beat the rising costs. It's now 4 yellow, one orange [Saka] and 2 red [Gusto is one but now Edouard] - I'll be lucky to have a full squad in play let alone anyone on the bench

I've got 2 yellow, but I'm on a wildcard so can change them - Botman and Son. Although going by yesterday's press conferences I think they'll be ok. I'll look for any early team news just before the deadline though.

As expected, not a good week so far for me so far unless Salah can produce miracles. Biggest surprise was the one defender I wasn't concerned about getting a whopping -2pts ... I'm getting crushed in the H2H too :/

Leader Amber Army had the highest score of the week, with 75 points. :clap: And they extend their lead ahead of, still, surprisingly, me, :) after I got 55 points. Amber Army's lead is now 48 points.

Klopp Klopp Boom(55) move up a place to 3rd. Medway United(73) move up from 8th>4th. Woody's Wonders(37) move from 3rd>5th.

The average point score for the week was 49 points.

There is an early game on Saturday, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 7th Oct @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW7
1696473068781.png

Amber Army's 100% winning streak reaches 7 Head2Heads, after beating WIRE TOWN 75-49. Woody's Wonders are still in 2nd place, though now 6 points behind Amber Army, after losing their H2H with Medway United, by a palindromic 37-73 scoreline. Banished to Riyadh move up two positions to 3rd, on equal 15 points, after winning their H2H against Tarric's Tot's 57-52.

Klopp Klopp Boom drop a place to 4th, 1 point Banished to Riyadh, after drawing with me 55-55. I also drop a place to 5th, sill 1 point behind.

3rd and 4th go H2H next week as Banished to Riyadh and Klopp Klopp Boom meet.

TP H2H Table GW7
1696474658550.png

TP H2H League Results GW7
1696474669704.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW8
1696474680105.png

Well my whole team fell apart starting last week and it's worse this week, so F it, Free hit it is!

I had 2 defenders, and even one of them is in doubt :/ I know it's best hold the Free hit but I'm lagging behind already, need a good round! *fingers, toes and anything else that can be crossed!*

Made Son my capitano this week, expect a bagful from Haaland :/

<edit>as did my opponent in the H2H, great minds crash and burn together?

You both, me and over a million others made that brave move - was bound to fail!

Great to see Sterling back in form after getting a total of 6pts over 3 rounds when I stuck with ... :rolleyes: :headbang:

Amber Army(56) increase their lead at the top the league to 55 points ahead of, not me any more, :( but Klopp Klopp Boom(60), who move up a position to 2nd. Medway United(59) also move up a place to 3rd, just 7 points behind.

I had a poor week with 31 points, and fall from 2nd>4th. :( :LOL: Woodys Wonders remain in 5th, and are now just 9 points behind me.

The average point score for the week was 44.

The highest scorer was Spudgun xi with 67 points. :clap:

There is now another international break, :rolleyes: and so the deadline for making changes is Sat 21st Oct @11:00 for the early game.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW8
1696871771110.png

The 100% winning streak continues for Amber Army, :oops: :$ who beat Hardly Athletic 56-43. Woodys Wonders remain 2nd, still 6 points behind, after winning their H2H against WIRE TOWN 49-24.

Klopp Klopp Boom move up a position to 3rd after beating last week's 3rd placed team, Banished to Riyadh, 60-52. Banished to Riyadh drop to 5th. They are on equal points, though behind 4th placed Onana what's my name by 2 accumulated points.

TP H2H Table GW8
1696872762862.png

TP H2H League Results GW8
1696872777271.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW9
1696872790507.png

Thanks for all the updates and commentary @redhed17 I'm glad I'm not the only one who made Son captain this week instead of the ubiquitous Haaland and then watched him fail to register against Luton. I expected Haaland to go on the rampage instead, so at least they were both let-downs this time!

Back