The end of Poundland Agfa?

Is it just Poundland or do other poundland type shops have film in?

Well for the cheap film Agfa Vista only Poundland stock it....but some stores don't....so more walking or phoning.

AFAIK only Poundland itself. Boots usually has film on a BOGOHP basis that works out not far off a fiver a film, and you can't often do much better than that, except for Macodirect.de, where minimum order and delivery costs mean they are worth while for larger orders only.

AFAIK only Poundland itself. Boots usually has film on a BOGOHP basis that works out not far off a fiver a film, and you can't often do much better than that, except for Macodirect.de, where minimum order and delivery costs mean they are worth while for larger orders only.

Thanks! Still have a bag full of old 35mm film but going to run out soon so will keep an eye out!

Found some in the Poundland in Maidstone today, somehow managed to get 20 rolls for £2 as the checkout assistant scanned each sealed pack of 10 just once. Didn't notice until I got home and looked at the receipt!

Glad to see the film stock at Uxbridge has dropped from about 60 rolls to 10....film is not dead.

opened an poundland special when i was out wednesday and the film inside was not agfa branded, it was a purple colour, looked like the kind of thing i used to take out of throw away cameras when i worked in Klick years ago Expiry was nov 2017

opened an poundland special when i was out wednesday and the film inside was not agfa branded, it was a purple colour, looked like the kind of thing i used to take out of throw away cameras when i worked in Klick years ago Expiry was nov 2017

H'mm on the box it will say made in the EU or Japan

It is the same film but Agfa have not paid Fuji to specially print the cassettes.

Ah interesting. i think all the poundland film i have says japan, whatever that means. think this is my 3rd or 4th film, my first purple special :)

Ah interesting. i think all the poundland film i have says japan, whatever that means. think this is my 3rd or 4th film, my first purple special :)

AFAIK..only Fuji make film in Japan now.

Just thought:- the £ is down and if it stays down, will Poundland still be able to import Vista and sell at a profit..as Dell have increased their prices by 10%

Just thought:- the £ is down and if it stays down, will Poundland still be able to import Vista and sell at a profit..as Dell have increased their prices by 10%
That depends on how much profit Poundland currently make. And it might well be in Fuji's/Agfa's financial interest to sell at a lower price to Poundland in order to keep production levels up and thus profits higher.

Well yes but if they were making a fat profit why were they going to stop selling it....and it was only the outcry from poor and needy filmies that they changed their minds.

Every foot of shelf space in every shop there is has to earn it's keep. If Poundland put film on a shelf, it is because it is making the required profit, not because anyone complained about it not being there.

The owner of Poundland is a hard-nosed businessman, not a philanthropist.

Every foot of shelf space in every shop there is has to earn it's keep. If Poundland put film on a shelf, it is because it is making the required profit, not because anyone complained about it not being there.

The owner of Poundland is a hard-nosed businessman, not a philanthropist.

Well it was usually stacked under CD's etc where it wasn't easy to find esp if there weren't many rolls ;)

Great big pile of it in Wakey poundland today, 100 rolls at least, I of course bought deoderant, cotton buds and plastic razors instead....lol

Great big pile of it in Wakey poundland today, 100 rolls at least, I of course bought deoderant, cotton buds and plastic razors instead....lol

Trying out their Kodak AA batteries 12 for £1...h'mm do Kodak make batteries other than film.....also was amazed the price of 9v batteries on ebay etc so trying out their 9v ones @ 2 for a £1

I reckon they're just a rebranded no-name battery like a lot of items in discount shops. I think people assume a known brand will be better than an alternative although I'd be surprised.

I reckon they're just a rebranded no-name battery like a lot of items in discount shops. I think people assume a known brand will be better than an alternative although I'd be surprised.

They do Sony AA batteries as well @10 for £1..but being a cheap skate thought I'd get Kodak @12 for £1 :rolleyes:

Trying out their Kodak AA batteries 12 for £1...h'mm do Kodak make batteries other than film.....also was amazed the price of 9v batteries on ebay etc so trying out their 9v ones @ 2 for a £1
Keep a close eye on those Kodak batteries as I have had AA ones leak on me that were still in their packet. Have also had them leak in the missus Scholl foot sander.

Keep a close eye on those Kodak batteries as I have had AA ones leak on me that were still in their packet. Have also had them leak in the missus Scholl foot sander.

Well I'm sure all the guys here (except me) would say they are good enough for a T70 :D

I know Poundland and Poundstretcher are different companies, but I still wouldn't touch poundshop batteries with a bargepole

http://www.swansea.gov.uk/article/22343/Poundstretcher-gets-massive-fine-for-selling-dodgy-batteries

Well if the officials checked on poundstretcher why didn't they check Poundland...also once the boss of Poundland had seen the massive fine surely he would ensure their batteries for sale are of better quality or at least import them from a reliable source. h'mm but David said his ones leaked so Poundland have\are getting away with it.

Last edited:
Well if the officials checked on poundstretcher why didn't they check Poundland...also once the boss of Poundland had seen the massive fine surely he would ensure their batteries for sale are of better quality or at least import them from a reliable source. h'mm but David said his ones leaked so Poundland have\are getting away with it.

As it says in the article I posted, Poundstretcher were told to stop selling them and continued to do so - that's why the fine was big. It's best not to assume good faith here.

As it says in the article I posted, Poundstretcher were told to stop selling them and continued to do so - that's why the fine was big. It's best not to assume good faith here.

Well Poundland are quite good at handling complaints as I bought a blackcurrent bush (bare rooted) in Feb and by May not a peep out of it, so complained and got a £3 voucher. Mind you if you were daft enough to put a cheap battery into a nice camera (except for an emergency) then it's no good crying over spilt milk (batteries).

Launceston had some today, bought four rolls to feed the film camera collection.

AFAIK only Poundland itself. Boots usually has film on a BOGOHP basis that works out not far off a fiver a film, and you can't often do much better than that,

Just an update to this, my local boots that does film is doing it at 3 for 2, rather than bogohp

I was in the Oldham store this afternoon and they had at least 100 rolls. It has not been on the shelf for a few months though.

It occurs to me that the post-Brexit collapse of the pound will have killed Poundland's margins. I'd be surprised if they could afford to carry on selling a roll of film for a pound.

Of course, that could be said for pretty much every single thing in their stores, so maybe Poundland will have to become Poundthirtyland.

My local store has stopped selling it now. :(

Poundland in Weston flavel center Northampton,has a fresh pile in yesterday, probably about 100 rolls.

It occurs to me that the post-Brexit collapse of the pound will have killed Poundland's margins. I'd be surprised if they could afford to carry on selling a roll of film for a pound.

Of course, that could be said for pretty much every single thing in their stores, so maybe Poundland will have to become Poundthirtyland.

If the pound settles at parity with that other currency, the stores could be renamed "Euroland". :eek: :whistle:

Worcester Poundland - two stores (Broad Street and The Shambles) - lots of AGFA Vista stock, so I've stocked up:)!

Back