The end of Poundland Agfa?

Our local 99p shop had a bit of inflation recently, and is now a Poundland... no film in stock at all. In the end I'm not bothered as I think 24-shot film at £1 when it's £5 min for process and scan (24 OR 36) is too expensive! It would be different if home devved, I guess...

(BTW, I may as well grip at my own stupidity here as anywhere else... I've been carefully husbanding my 36-shot Vista 200 rolls. Yesterday I grabbed a roll from the drawer, went out and did some experimental shooting; when it went past 25 shots I thought I must have misloaded it, then I realised I'd put one of my few remaining 36-shot rolls in and wasted most of it on experiments! :banghead::banghead::banghead:)

so you would prefer film at £3 a roll to balance :D On the right subjects Vista can be very good, this reminded me when going through my shots for the comps and saw some shots and thought they looked nice for colour etc anyway went to the neg and it was Vista o_O

Get your Vista while it's going folks as with the film\lens\subject combo plus when Asda gets the scan right...the result can be very good. If you think there is anything wrong with these Vista shots then I don't mind if you say so:-

Poundland Surrey Quays probably had 30 odd rolls of 24 exposure, dated 06-2018. Is this likely to be from the last batch, or is it fresh?

Poundland Surrey Quays probably had 30 odd rolls of 24 exposure, dated 06-2018. Is this likely to be from the last batch, or is it fresh?

New stock seems to be in new, slightly different packaging... 2018 is a pretty good expiry date, though!

If the new stock has the code on the film 200N CA24..then it's the same as the old.

Thought I'd revive this thread, rather than the other one, which has gone off on a pretty odd tangent! We had a 99p shop that got converted to a Poundland, and initially there was no film. I went in today, and there are maybe 40 or more rolls of old packaging Agfa Vista 200 24 shot, expiry mid 2018. Doesn't seem particularly likely to go away any time soon!

We have 2 poundlands and a 99p store, when i walked past it at the weekend it was shut and looked like it was being re fit - surely THREE poundlands in one mile is too much (but if they all have film, then ok :) )

All my local stores are filled with 200's. No sign of any 400 though.

Having shot my first roll of 200 last week, i have a roll of 400 loaded atm. Will try and get some shots fired off so i can see the difference.

All my local stores are filled with 200's. No sign of any 400 though.

Having shot my first roll of 200 last week, i have a roll of 400 loaded atm. Will try and get some shots fired off so i can see the difference.

I much prefer the 400, specially at this time of year. The short-lived stock of 400 in Poundland was presumably an error as it has not been available for some time. I get mine from macodirect.de, for a pretty good price (if you get enough to share out the swinging postage charges).

Just had a notification that this has been posted on the APUG website:

Just nipped into poundland and asked for some film.

Chap brought down three cases of 100 and asked how many cases I'd like! I took 50 rolls, with my new found cheap development (£4.30 for c41 development and 6x4 prints from a noritsu on fujicolor paper... I think) that's me sorted for a year or two of snap shots, candids and travel. Apparently, a few folks had gone in and taken 500 rolls!

Poundland In Liverpool (the 1 by St John's market) had about 50 rolls in the other day got 2 rolls to try out some old camera's I've found.

It's ignorance, not idiocy. These sellers are just exploiting market inefficiency.

Nah! Just type in google "Agfa Vista where to buy" and plenty of links including here (but for 400), but once they view this site they won't be idiots anymore. And google have the cheek to show one of my shots using Vista :rolleyes:
What about "a fool and his money are soon parted" :D

Last edited:
60+ rolls in stock at the Scarborough branch and it's the newer 2018 expirary stock now sold as Vista Plus though still 24exp and 200iso. I bought the last of the previous batch about six weeks ago so the manager must see it as viable stock to keep replenishing it.

It's ignorance, not idiocy. These sellers are just exploiting market inefficiency.
The thing is, many people will not set foot in Poundland - they think you need to be broke and desperate. They would rather keep their dignity and pay more.

The thing is, many people will not set foot in Poundland - they think you need to be broke and desperate. They would rather keep their dignity and pay more.

Yeah my wife said "they sell fakes" :banghead: :rolleyes: ...but she doesn't mind using things I buy e.g. Johnson's cotton buds

Ive never had a problem with their batteries, not that they are amazing, but ok for low powered devices like remotes and smoke detectors, scales, watch batteries etc. I know there was stuff in the news that things are made especially for the discount shops, like smaller packs of chocolate bars etc, altho since i found b&M and home bargains i hardly ever set foot in 99p or poundland as it means going into town at a weekend, wheras b&M etc are right near where i work (but they dont have film).

maybe i should do this bulk buying of film on ebay :p

Duracell is another problem as there are so many fakes around...at boot sales loads of sellers and I wonder how many are genuine.

Hmm interesting - thanks for the heads up - never had a problem myself, worrying.

Plenty in St Austell Cornwall 24 frame 200 Expiry date 2018

I have never used the stuff, is it alright for a daily point and shoot?
Yes, I use it to test cameras. The colours are ok and it converts very well to black and white.

IMHO It's adequate film but not the most pleasing colour rendition or grain structure, fine for testing cameras though.

I have never used the stuff, is it alright for a daily point and shoot?

It's not at all bad... a couple of years ago we did an Agfa Vista Challenge, the results are here and give a good idea of what you can get...

........the other week at the bootie I bought 12 rolls of Vista for £1 expiry date 2016...just plain greed as I already have plenty in the freezer. :rolleyes:

Back