The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well, the X-Pro2 arrived today!! YES.

But, I had a last foray with the X-Pro1 this morning at Sidmouth, a couple of long exposure, sunrise, seascapes ...

I'll hopefully get out and have a good session with the '2' tomorrow, can't wait!

Looking at the numbers it looks like the 14mm will be here soon, then hope the 80 is tomorrow. So expect a lot of Susie and Still Life shots for 12 weeks after this Saturday as locking my self away from the world :eek:

Nice one mate (y)

Unfortunately this was posted from my phone, the camera settings are ok, f14, 200th, iso 160 (iso 100 in my Canon days) has worked well for me in the past, it's just the diffusion that needs sorting really, my old pringles diffuser used to do a good job.
Have had a flickr account for some years.....

If you're happy with the settings, all good, I'm just saying you don't need to be at 1/200th when using off cam flash - I often drop to 1/80th for small bugs that aren't too skittish and get sharp images. At F/14 you are in diffraction territory also. But it could just be your diffuser

It tells you in the manual.

Fuji finally going to put out a 70-300? https://www.fujirumors.com/exclusive-fujifilm-working-on-fujinon-xf-70-300mm-x-mount-lens/

A lot of unreasonable comments over there - expecting a constant F4 lol, what other system has a 70-300 F4? it'll be variable, and I'd welcome that to keep it in the more sane price range. The 55-200 is already very good, if it can match that optically at 300mm and maybe F4-5.6 like most lenses this type on other systems, I'd be all in.

Fuji finally going to put out a 70-300? https://www.fujirumors.com/exclusive-fujifilm-working-on-fujinon-xf-70-300mm-x-mount-lens/

A lot of unreasonable comments over there - expecting a constant F4 lol, what other system has a 70-300 F4? it'll be variable, and I'd welcome that to keep it in the more sane price range. The 55-200 is already very good, if it can match that optically at 300mm and maybe F4-5.6 like most lenses this type on other systems, I'd be all in.

There's no way it will be constant f4. Possibly f4-f5.6. f4 & 300mm will mean a very big lens, and I would think they're looking at a partner to the 16-80 f4. They already have the stunning 50-140 f2.8, and the 100-400, so I would expect them to be looking at "one level down" from their very top lenses....

I think, if anybody really wants to get a decent long prime, they'll have to go Fringer/Canon route....

Well, the X-Pro2 arrived today!! YES.

But, I had a last foray with the X-Pro1 this morning at Sidmouth, a couple of long exposure, sunrise, seascapes ...

I'll hopefully get out and have a good session with the '2' tomorrow, can't wait!

Two very nice landscape/seascape Fujigraphs, really liking both of these very much.

George.

People who want to know how to do things without looking foolish?

Wow, don't think he looked foolish asking a simple question - I was able to answer without ever needing to check a manual too - the way manuals are laid out it was probably quicker to just ask here, there's always a few know-it alls :p

I don't know it all - that's why I read manuals.

Emailed Fuji about the missing flap for the bottom of my X-H1.

Got an email back today apologising and telling me they were posting one out to me tonight :cool:(y)

Their service is very good in my experience. No quibbles, they just do things right.

I think if most Fuji shooters are stuck in for 12 weeks or more this would be great.

Cheers mate :)
There are three options on creating one ...

.................................................................................................................................
Choose which sort of group you'd like to start

icon_public.gif
Public, anyone can join
  • Public groups are useful for discussion and content about general subjects like Gardening, or Recipes to Share, or geographical locations, like Vancouver.
  • The group page is public and anyone who wants to can join instantly.
  • Admins can choose to show or hide discussions and/or group pools from non-members.

icon_public.gif
Public, invitation only
  • Invite-only public groups are useful for small groups who wish to focus on a particular theme, but want to maintain control over membership.
  • Anyone can view the group page, but the only way to join the group is by invitation.
  • Admins can choose to show or hide discussions and/or group pools from non-members.

icon_private.gif
Private
  • Private groups cannot be made public later.
  • Private groups are useful for families or groups of friends.
  • Only group members and those who have been invited will be able to view the group page.
  • Private groups are completely hidden from group searches, and don't display on people's profiles amongst groups they belong to.
...............................................................................................................................

Which one would you think the best option?

Last edited:
Cheers mate :)
There are three options on creating one ...

.................................................................................................................................
Choose which sort of group you'd like to start

icon_public.gif
Public, anyone can join
  • Public groups are useful for discussion and content about general subjects like Gardening, or Recipes to Share, or geographical locations, like Vancouver.
  • The group page is public and anyone who wants to can join instantly.

icon_public.gif
Public, invitation only
  • Invite-only public groups are useful for small groups who wish to focus on a particular theme, but want to maintain control over membership.
  • Anyone can view the group page, but the only way to join the group is by invitation.

icon_private.gif
Private
  • Private groups cannot be made public later.
  • Private groups are useful for families or groups of friends.
  • Only group members and those who have been invited will be able to view the group page.
  • Private groups are completely hidden from group searches, and don't display on people's profiles amongst groups they belong to.
...............................................................................................................................

Which one would you think the best option?

It`s out of the last two, Public invite only and Private.

We could have both of those.

Maybe the invite only one?
I`ve started making a little theme list (admittedly some copied) ;)

The Fabulous Fuji X owners Challenge
Water drop
Smoke art
Food landscapes
Fine-art food
Flowers in ice
Abstracts
Refractive art
Kitchen close-ups
Still-life bokeh
Texture
Indoor splash shots
Tools
Tech
Music
Macro
Pets (if you have any)
Sandwich
Drink
Garden Birds
In the Garden
Things on my desk

Last edited:
Maybe the invite only one?
I`ve started making a little theme list (admittedly some copied) ;)

The Fabulous Fuji X owners Challenge

Water drop
Smoke art
Food landscapes
Fine-art food
Flowers in ice
Abstracts
Refractive art
Kitchen close-ups
Still-life bokeh
Texture
Indoor splash shots
Tools
Tech
Music

Looks good.

Macro
Pets ( If have any )

Dropped the wife to the Ferry at 6am yesterday. Took my camera bag and slight detour to Newtown on the way home for the sunrise.

XT3 14mm
im enjoying seeing your IOW images, they bring back memories from when I lived there in my mid 20s( about 35 years ago) went back for a look around East Cowes and the pub where I lived ... The Star had turned into a car park for the ferry.

Back