The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Refurbished Fuji X-T2 arrived today. Will get to test it properly tomorrow.

So far, the only niggles:
  1. Missing cover for the vertical grip contact opening
  2. German language manual instead of English (Quatsch!)
  3. Some light scratches (minor) on the edge of the LCD

I can live with #3, but would like Fuji to send on the other two. Anyone know if the contact.shop_uk@fujifilm.com address is the right one to ask?

I can live with #3, but would like Fuji to send on the other two. Anyone know if the contact.shop_uk@fujifilm.com address is the right one to ask?
Yes that is still the correct email address, Fuji usually respond fairly quickly.

Funnily enough my delivered today X-H1 has the cover missing from the body too! Emailed on that address, no response as yet.

Other than that the camera is mint.

Phone number is 0344 553 2321 if its easier.

I've had the "MacBook Pro" since late October having used "iPad Pros & iPhones" for ages and because my old Windows computer was still on Windows 7 and was not powerful enough to update I had to do something with regards to a new unit. It had to be portable so a desktop was out of the equation so I went for the MacBook in an attempt to have total integration with everything else which it does admirably and I've managed to get my head more or less around the operating system now. But if I'm honest I'm still not so sure I wouldn't still prefer a Windows unit, probably because I could work much quicker with Windows due to familiarity. Old habits die hard. :):)

George.
I suspect you are right. I've used Macs at work every day for the last 3 years and Windows at home since Windows 95. MacOS is quite OK overall, but Apple Mail is poor, Finder drives me crazy, and Acrobat seems to be even more unstable on Mac than it is on Windows. Unsurprisingly all the MS Office products run much better on Windows too, and PowerPoint for Mac is particularly horrific. Photoshop seems about the same, and I don't use Lightroom at work. I like the Apple keyboard and a few other bits and pieces, but I'm far more productive on Windows, and can also fix things for myself. Macs just work - until they just don't. :)

Last edited:
I suspect you are right. I've used Macs at work every day for the last 3 years and Windows at home since Windows 95. MacOS is quite OK overall, but Apple Mail is poor, Finder drives me crazy, and Acrobat seems to be even more unstable on Mac than it is on Windows. Unsurprisingly all the MS Office products run much better on Windows too, and PowerPoint for Mac is particularly horrific. Photoshop seems about the same, and I don't use Lightroom at work. I like the Apple keyboard and a few other bits and pieces, but I'm far more productive on Windows, and can also fix things for myself. Macs just work - until they just don't. :)

There’s some things that I really do like about the MacBook Pro especially the screen. Strangely enough I don’t like the Apple Keyboard or the USB-C ports.

As for the speed then its on the next level compared to my old Windows unit, but in fairness it should be as its running a 1tb SSD and 32gb of RAM with an i9 processor, where as my old Windows unit was running a 500gb hard drive and only 8gb Ram with an i5 processor and was about eight years old. I’m a guessing a new Windows unit with the same spec as my MacBook would also be pretty fast compared to my old Windows unit.

I don’t use PS or LR for my photo processing so I can’t comment on those as I prefer Luminar 3 and Affinity Photo, of which both run on the MacBook without any complaints. For my design work its really six of one and half a dozen of the other but if I’m honest I still preferred the Windows unit, but as I said in my original post that’s probably down to familiarity.

I’ll certainly stick with the Apple unit for a bit longer but if I still don’t completely gel with it after the next few months then I’ll just discard it and go back to a decent Windows unit.

George.

Starting to get to grips with the 80mm, need to sort the specular highlights that the home made diffuser is creating though.... View attachment 272026

What settings? Direct uploading to the forum doesn't give us any of that info, also it tends to make images look a lot softer - better to share from Flicker, even if you just create an account for that purpose. I would imagine ... if you're experiencing issues with harsh highlights, that your flash power is too strong, maybe you could drop the shutter speed [I find 1/80 - 1/125 is fine for most macro when using flash] and in turn knock the power of the flash down from whatever - 1/8 down to 1/16th. I'd rather bump the ISO a notch also instead of pumping flash - faster recycle times the lower you can take it too

Just wondering if anyone has pre ordered the xt-4? Have you been notified of any delays or likely price rise?..

I stupidly left my xt-3 in an uber (apparently they didn't find anything) and was considering upgrading to an xt-4. Price and uncertainty of delivery took me back to the xt-3. Ended up picking up a refurbished xt-3 from fuji for £800.

Perfectly happy.

Unfortunately this was posted from my phone, the camera settings are ok, f14, 200th, iso 160 (iso 100 in my Canon days) has worked well for me in the past, it's just the diffusion that needs sorting really, my old pringles diffuser used to do a good job.
Have had a flickr account for some years.....
What settings? Direct uploading to the forum doesn't give us any of that info, also it tends to make images look a lot softer - better to share from Flicker, even if you just create an account for that purpose. I would imagine ... if you're experiencing issues with harsh highlights, that your flash power is too strong, maybe you could drop the shutter speed [I find 1/80 - 1/125 is fine for most macro when using flash] and in turn knock the power of the flash down from whatever - 1/8 down to 1/16th. I'd rather bump the ISO a notch also instead of pumping flash - faster recycle times the lower you can take it too

Just wondering if anyone has pre ordered the xt-4? Have you been notified of any delays or likely price rise?..

I stupidly left my xt-3 in an uber (apparently they didn't find anything) and was considering upgrading to an xt-4. Price and uncertainty of delivery took me back to the xt-3. Ended up picking up a refurbished xt-3 from fuji for £800.

Perfectly happy.

There are rumours it could be delayed into May

Cameraworld advised that I should not expect to receive my pre-order until early May and may be a little bit later. Nothing said re a potential price rise.

Back