The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Fuji finally going to put out a 70-300? https://www.fujirumors.com/exclusive-fujifilm-working-on-fujinon-xf-70-300mm-x-mount-lens/

A lot of unreasonable comments over there - expecting a constant F4 lol, what other system has a 70-300 F4? it'll be variable, and I'd welcome that to keep it in the more sane price range. The 55-200 is already very good, if it can match that optically at 300mm and maybe F4-5.6 like most lenses this type on other systems, I'd be all in.
That was the lens I would ideally would’ve liked, but got the 55-200 recently - bother!

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Maybe the invite only one?
I`ve started making a little theme list (admittedly some copied) ;)

The Fabulous Fuji X owners Challenge
Water drop
Smoke art
Food landscapes
Fine-art food
Flowers in ice
Abstracts
Refractive art
Kitchen close-ups
Still-life bokeh
Texture
Indoor splash shots
Tools
Tech
Music
Macro
Pets (if you have any)
Sandwich
Drink
Looks fun. Since I work in a hospital I’m sure I’ll be under house arrest sooner rather than later so might need something to keep me occupied.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Wow, don't think he looked foolish asking a simple question - I was able to answer without ever needing to check a manual too - the way manuals are laid out it was probably quicker to just ask here, there's always a few know-it alls :p
I went backwards and forwards though the manual trying to find out what it was but without knowing what it was called, or what it was for, I had no idea where to look. I thought someone on here would know and always found this forum to be very helpful and freindly.
It was a simple question (from a simple person, I admit that) requiring a simple answer.
Just shows how wrong you can be sometimes, I though fuji people helped other fuji people, never mind, that's another lesson learned :(

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
im enjoying seeing your IOW images, they bring back memories from when I lived there in my mid 20s( about 35 years ago) went back for a look around East Cowes and the pub where I lived ... The Star had turned into a car park for the ferry.
Hi Leroy, hope can bring back some memories for you :) East Cowes is changing rapidly and going more upmarket which is not a bad thing although I do wonder how much chaos this epidemic will cause with the planned upgrades to the Island!

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I went backwards and forwards though the manual trying to find out what it was but without knowing what it was called, or what it was for, I had no idea where to look. I thought someone on here would know and always found this forum to be very helpful and freindly.
It was a simple question (from a simple person, I admit that) requiring a simple answer.
Just shows how wrong you can be sometimes, I though fuji people helped other fuji people, never mind, that's another lesson learned :(

Most of the Fuji members in here really are great and helpful, I was stuck the other day and one member was great and helped so stick around (y)

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Hey, I did help ;) and most of us are very helpful, ignore the odd abrupt response. I always find it takes no longer to post a helpful response

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey, I did help ;) and most of us are very helpful, ignore the odd abrupt response. I always find it takes no longer to post a helpful response
I know you did and that is what I have come to expect from this (mainly) freindly group thank you, sorry it wasnt aimed at you. It was the abrupt, sarcastic, uncalled for coment I was meaning.

Last edited:
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes

Water drop
Smoke art
Food landscapes
Fine-art food
Flowers in ice
Abstracts
Refractive art
Kitchen close-ups
Still-life bokeh
Texture
Indoor splash shots
Tools
Tech
Music
Macro
Pets (if you have any)
Sandwich
Drink
Sounds interesting, I’m a bit useless at these sort of challenges though :ROFLMAO:

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Sounds interesting, I’m a bit useless at these sort of challenges though :ROFLMAO:
Hey, very soon I would imagine we`ll all be in the same boat (and I`m just as bad as you say you are, at these things). I just thought it might be a bit of fun, as and when it happens :)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, i've had a bit of a play with the X-Pro 2, really like it! Here's the 3rd image i've taken withg it, it's some of the iterms i've turned on my lathe ...

Very nice (y)

That would be a good backdrop for your pens, I reckon :)

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes

Water drop
Smoke art
Food landscapes
Fine-art food
Flowers in ice
Abstracts
Refractive art
Kitchen close-ups
Still-life bokeh
Texture
Indoor splash shots
Tools
Tech
Music
Macro
Pets (if you have any)
Sandwich
Drink

I don't have pets, no access to smoke (unless I burn the dinner). Could also do:

Garden Birds
"In the Garden"
Things on my desk....

Name
Glenn
Edit My Images
Yes
While I'm asking questions :p - what's a good flash option for the Fuji X series that's not too big? I'm guessing my Nikon flash won't work on there. Still to try the one that come in the box with the camera - any good?
The supplied flash will do in a pinch, but it lacks power and uses the in camera battery, so avoid if possible. I just got hold of a Godox 685 and it's working really well for me so far.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
When I tried the 80mm on my Xpro3 I thought a nice weight set up, and then I thought ooops I got rid of my X-H1 so the 80mm and H1 will go together nicely. Plus I got a spare battery and some more 64GB cards.
You should change your name from Dave70D to DaveX-Trans :ROFLMAO:

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
So this is day 1 of my working from home/social distancing due to being in the high risk category so to try and ward of the boredom I am going to try and do photos everyday even if they ar of no particular meaning.
So todays offering is B&W abstract using privacy glass on the bathroom window and front door.

DSCF2561
by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

DSCF2567
by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Update to my message on Monday, where my Fuji Refurb X-T2 arrived with a German manual and no cover for the grip contacts cavity on the underside:
  • Emailed them on Monday
  • Got a reply on Tuesday
  • Received the two items Wednesday

You know what's coming...

:fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji::fuji:
Same for me, got an email from them yesterday saying they'd dispatch the cover for X-H1 - arrived this morning!

Great service.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Fair play, dunno about Dave70D to DaveX-Trans - maybe Rockerfeller :ROFLMAO:

Let it be known Here and Now, if and IF I get through this virus I WILL GIVE FREE OF CHARGE one of my X cameras (y) The lucky person will get my X-E3 FREE.

Last edited: