The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone know if the ellie universal l bracket from 3 legged thing fits the X-H1.

Never used one before but thinking of picking one up for a woodland project I’m considering if we’re all in lockdown :ROFLMAO:

I bought the Sunwayfoto one from a UK eBay seller, fits the camera great, allows access to the side door and battery compartment, and most importantly is a single piece of metal, so no wobbly end plate!!!

very impressed by fuji. I had an issue with my joystick on the camera. I registered the repair with fuji, they sent packaging and a pre paid postage envelope which arrived the next working day. Posted my x-e3 back to them on monday afternoon, and it was returned by 11am today having been fixed with a new battery in it.

I bought the Sunwayfoto one from a UK eBay seller, fits the camera great, allows access to the side door and battery compartment, and most importantly is a single piece of metal, so no wobbly end plate!!!

Thanks Dave, was it this one by chance?

Sunwayfoto PFL-XH1 Custom L-Bracket for Fujifilm X-H1 - Arca Swiss RRS Comp XH1

At Mums I changed the lens on my pro3 so now have the 50mm on it.

You seem to be really liking the pro3?

My macro should be here between 1:30 and 2:30 if DPD are to be believed. There was a hint of sunshine here this morning, hopefully it stays on that track, bit duller atm. Certainly not the weather for looking for bugs right now, but I'll find something

How would you compare the X-Pro 3 vs X100V?

I really like them both, but if I had a choice of only having just the one out of the two it would be the X100V as I love how the whole thing looks and works. Still trying to teach myself not to flip the Xpro3 screen down to use but still glad I got them both.

Thank for the feedback, I needed to go in to work to get some stuff out of the office ahead of shutdown, so I took a diversion to WEX and traded the XT2 for a brand new XH1. I'm being good and getting some stuff done here, but I can't wait to have a play this evening! Looking forward to stabilisation on the Voigtlander 75mm - it's a lovely portrait lens.

I've been playing with this thing:

Laowa100.jpg

Didn't find very much interesting in the garden but was more testing Laowa's claims on this "CA Dreamer" lens, in that it produces no nasty CA even wide open. I mostly was testing it at 2.8 and at all distances, shooting any harsh light situations I could find. Going by the images on the LCD it's looking very promising, about to load them on to the Laptop now or closer examination

The lens is beautifully constructed, was in like new con inc the original UV filter they pack with it - all spotless [the front element recesses quite deep so on this one Laowa give you a removable filter for the front to prevent dust getting sucked in. The only thing I dislike so far is the hood [not shown here] It doesn't seem to want to attach very smoothly and it also makes the lens look much larger

Last edited:
A few quick sample shots from the Laowa 100mm, un-cropped, all at 2.8 [if it's good at 2.8, then it's just going to be better again stopped down] just corrected exposure in LR nothing more - Just checking some usual suspect type shots that can induce CA - zero corrections, looking good to me

DSCF7416 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF7513 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF7550 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF7607 by K G, on Flickr

A few quick sample shots from the Laowa 100mm, un-cropped, all at 2.8 [if it's good at 2.8, then it's just going to be better again stopped down] just corrected exposure in LR nothing more - Just checking some usual suspect type shots that can induce CA - zero corrections, looking good to me

DSCF7416 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF7513 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF7550 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF7607 by K G, on Flickr

Looking good to me, mate. Super creamy BG (y)

Looking good to me, mate. Super creamy BG (y)

I'll hopefully give it more of a proper run out over the weekend, I don't do brick wall type tests or anything like that, more shoot some testers to check for sharpness, CA, bokeh etc and I can't really fault it for anything yet. I believe the bokeh isn't the greatest on this Nikon mount version as it's got less aperture blades than the Canon or Sony mount versions, but only the Nikon version will play nice on a Fuji. I don't mind non perfect bokeh anyway, it's not something you really look to in detailed macro [not really tried much of that yet] - I don't actually mind non circular 'bokeh balls' in the backdrop of other type images like portraits either, so should be just fine.

Another usual suspect for purple fringing:
DSCF7568 by K G, on Flickr

And this was a quick attempt at 2:1 macro, same snail shell as earlier [that one was shot at 1:2], didn't have flash, really should do for this close up, but again just testing. Only thing wrong with this is my focusing ability :D need some practice
DSCF7560 by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'll hopefully give it more of a proper run out over the weekend, I don't do brick wall type tests or anything like that, more shoot some testers to check for sharpness, CA, bokeh etc and I can't really fault it for anything yet. I believe the bokeh isn't the greatest on this Nikon mount version as it's got less aperture blades than the Canon or Sony mount versions, but only the Nikon version will play nice on a Fuji. I don't mind non perfect bokeh anyway, it's not something you really look to in detailed macro [not really tried much of that yet] - I don't actually mind non circular 'bokeh balls' in the backdrop of other type images like portraits either, so should be just fine.

Another usual suspect for purple fringing:
DSCF7568 by K G, on Flickr

And this was a quick attempt at 2:1 macro, same snail shell as earlier [that one was shot at 1:2], didn't have flash, really should do for this close up, but again just testing. Only thing wrong with this is my focusing ability :D need some practice
DSCF7560 by K G, on Flickr

Dayum that shell is close .............. Serious abstract ability there ;)

I guess we can kick off the Group challenge from Sunday, if that`s cool with you peeps (info in said group ;))

But for those like me it will be ......

Week #1 ... Glass

*Edit, theme changed due to bread shortage*

Last edited:
Had a wonderful seventy mile run out today through the Trossachs (Scotland), this is me laid back chillin' at the top of Dukes Pass, such a beautiful location/scenery.
The Honda ANF was faultless.

Laid back chillin' by APM Photography, on Flickr

mac

Xh1 fired up and wow, 1.8s shot handheld on the 35mm and it's sharp. Pentax IBIS was never this good when I had it.... I think I'm going to like this camera. Is anyone using the strap that came with it? Is the rubber sweaty after carrying the camera for a long time?

Xh1 fired up and wow, 1.8s shot handheld on the 35mm and it's sharp. Pentax IBIS was never this good when I had it.... I think I'm going to like this camera. Is anyone using the strap that came with it? Is the rubber sweaty after carrying the camera for a long time?

Congrats. I used the supplied strap for a while. Never noticed it sweating.
Now use an op-tech

Back