The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

+1 for the Peak Design Slide. Fantastic straps and connectors which I have fitted to all my bodies and Bino’s.

Slides for the larger bodies, Leash for the tiddlers and the wrist strap for the newly acquired X-E3 from Fuji Refurb.

The Slide is a brilliant strap and is very versatile on my X-H1. Standard fit on body alone, connector on the battery grip when fitted and a connector on the tripod mount on the 100-400mm.

Heavy combination but superb weight distribution which stays put when the rubber grip side of the strap is on my shoulder and swift movement from side to eye when the strap is reversed.

The latest versions have small plastic clip covers that protect the camera body from any metal to metal contact if you use the Peak Design clips supplied with the strap.

I have an R Strap, in fact I have the "double" set up, so I can carry 2 bodies. Had them for years and would never contemplate a regular strap again.

I have an R Strap, in fact I have the "double" set up, so I can carry 2 bodies. Had them for years and would never contemplate a regular strap again.

Those double straps always remind me of bondage gear lol

Those double straps always remind me of bondage gear lol

You may laugh, but I got the second when we spent a weekend at Whipsnade zoo. 100-400 on one shoulder, 50-140 on the other worked really well. Just had some batteries in my pockets and no bags... I've done similar at a wedding too.

Went out with the XT-3 yesterday to document London closing down as it goes into isolation, was eery at times, business decimated..........anyway there's a small collection on this link if anyone wants to take a look.

https://petedownham11.pixieset.com/londonselfisolating/
Some great images there, what a strange time this is. Your pictures remind me of when Princess Diana died. An eery silence to a massive city.
My wife is a nurse who works in central London - we live in Cornwall, and there was and still is a lot of concern about her going up to do a week stint yesterday with no idea if she'll be able to get home after....

Some great images there, what a strange time this is. Your pictures remind me of when Princess Diana died. An eery silence to a massive city.
My wife is a nurse who works in central London - we live in Cornwall, and there was and still is a lot of concern about her going up to do a week stint yesterday with no idea if she'll be able to get home after....
Damn, that is super creepy. Great set, Pete (y)
Great set Pete, like something out of a zombie film.
Superb shots. No one would believe it if they hadn't seen this.
Thanks for the comments guys, would have regretted it if I didn't take this opportunity, it's now part of our history.

Huge respect for your wife Steve and all who work in the NHS.

I know there's been a few mentions of the 35 f1.4 on here recently.

Just re-acquired it, here's an old one from it.
X-H1

Yes that's a stray hair growing from the Nags Head

DSCF3120.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

That`s a great view shot Trevor, keep looking at that lens but now started to look at getting the 16mm f1,4 again :thinking:

Great shot Keith, that lens is well sharp looking at Emily`s eyelashes.

Cheers Dave, it certainly is a very sharp lens. A little tough to snap into focus for longer range, as the focus throw is very tight once you step beyond 1:4 - just takes a little practice. I shot a couple landscape type images yesterday and none of them were in perfect focus because I kind of rushed them, they looked fine on cam but on a large monitor they were just off enough to make them unusable. I'll get to know it a little better though over time

TP FujiX Challenge - Week 1 - Glass

TP#1 - Stamps through Glass
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

And for anyone who wants to know, the Zeiss Lens is on a sheet of glass approx 80mm above the stamps, image taken with an X-H1, XF90mm and MCEX11mm - single exposure at F8, focused on the stamp through the lens.

Last edited:
Back