The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I liked the 16-55, it's a very good lens all-round I just wouldn't say it blew me away by any means. I did wish it could focus a bit closer with better magnification like many equivalent lenses on other systems can [take the Olympus 12-40 for example, can do 1:3 mag and focus 10cm closer than the Fuji in a lens half the weight and size]

Thanks for the feedback re. 16-55mm. Everything I've read online is positive so think I'll be on the lookout for one!

Weight isn't a major issue, particularly when paired with the X-H1.

Hello, I'm new aound here. I thought it would be a great idea to join as I am currently stuck at home due to schools being closed. I am a proud owner of Fujix-t2 and few lenses. I look forward to seeing your photos and chatting all things Fuji.

Hello, I'm new aound here. I thought it would be a great idea to join as I am currently stuck at home due to schools being closed. I am a proud owner of Fujix-t2 and few lenses. I look forward to seeing your photos and chatting all things Fuji.

Welcome the Fuji family Vera, you will like it here as most members are great at helping others when stuck.

Welcome to the house of fooj :)
As you`re stuck at home, why not join our flickr group, we set up for a challenge. Links on mine, and Fuji Daves signatures.

Looks a lovely lens Keith.

It really is, I could confidently keep this at 2.8 for these type of images [I would be stopping down a lot more for actual macro] and it's a comfort to not have to worry about distortion or any nasty CA - as it just doesn't exist - makes processing the images a cinch too. It's a little hefty though and can be tricky to master for close ups because of this, but I've had heavier macro lenses in the past like the Sigma 150mm OS when I shot FF - that one was over 1kg, the Laowa is a bit kinder on the wrists at 638g [though, closer to 800 for me with the metal adapter]

I'd love to try the native Fuji mount version, the Laowa 65mm - pretty much the same lens [also 2.8, also capable of up to 2:1 macro reproduction] in a lighter, tidier form and designed specifically for APSC. One advantage to the 100mm, besides it being a fair bit cheaper when I bought it, is you can get some really nice compression and blur out those backdrops easier than you would with the 65mm. But that 65mm version would be much easier to single hand hold if using off cam flash, also would fit into smaller bags a lot better and no need for an adapter. I could eventually sell this one on and get that 65mm, will see how I feel as I go along, enjoying it for the moment.

It really is, I could confidently keep this at 2.8 for these type of images [I would be stopping down a lot more for actual macro] and it's a comfort to not have to worry about distortion or any nasty CA - as it just doesn't exist - makes processing the images a cinch too. It's a little hefty though and can be tricky to master for close ups because of this, but I've had heavier macro lenses in the past like the Sigma 150mm OS when I shot FF - that one was over 1kg, the Laowa is a bit kinder on the wrists at 638g [though, closer to 800 for me with the metal adapter]

I'd love to try the native Fuji mount version, the Laowa 65mm - pretty much the same lens [also 2.8, also capable of up to 2:1 macro reproduction] in a lighter, tidier form and designed specifically for APSC. One advantage to the 100mm, besides it being a fair bit cheaper when I bought it, is you can get some really nice compression and blur out those backdrops easier than you would with the 65mm. But that 65mm version would be much easier to single hand hold if using off cam flash, also would fit into smaller bags a lot better and no need for an adapter. I could eventually sell this one on and get that 65mm, will see how I feel as I go along, enjoying it for the moment.

Sounds really good carry on like that you be tempting me to get one :)

Sounds really good carry on like that you be tempting me to get one :)

I just checked out of curiosity on the 65mm, out of stock atm in Fuji mount, available for Sony E only. They have it marked as back order, it was available last time I checked. Either it's suddenly become very popular or there's delays on them slow-boating from China. More probably the latter

We are still working, but from home, but took time out to do a little self distancing today with the dog. And then can catch up with this page later on. Social media and Talk Photography are going to be a godsend to many.
The pics are much sharper than depicting on there, should sort out my Flickr again I suppose - well I will have time now.
X-T3 + 55-200
Social Media-3138.jpgSocial Media-3117.jpg

We are still working, but from home, but took time out to do a little self distancing today with the dog. And then can catch up with this page later on. Social media and Talk Photography are going to be a godsend to many.
The pics are much sharper than depicting on there, should sort out my Flickr again I suppose - well I will have time now.
X-T3 + 55-200
View attachment 272771View attachment 272772

Lovely images, and lovely dog :)

On Flickr, I packed in my old pro acc after they hiked the price one step too far for my liking. Just recently started a new acc for sharing, it'll be one where I won't mind culling every now and then once I do hit the 1000 image mark. Only annoyance is the adverts - which I don't actually see, just black space where ads would be, as I use ad-blockers.

Seriously considering a 16-55mm f2.8 for the X-H1

Thoughts from those that have used one?

I really like mine, it’s a pleasure to use. Oddly enough, I think the lens can be too sharp for landscapes.

It‘s worth considering if the lack of IS on the lens may be an issue in the future. Also, as already mentioned, the lens is a bad buy at new retail price. Fuji always discount this lens in their sales and cashbacks so the s/h and trade in value is pretty low. Buy it s/h or at least from the refurb store when they have a sale.

I really like mine, it’s a pleasure to use. Oddly enough, I think the lens can be too sharp for landscapes.

It‘s worth considering if the lack of IS on the lens may be an issue in the future. Also, as already mentioned, the lens is a bad buy at new retail price. Fuji always discount this lens in their sales and cashbacks so the s/h and trade in value is pretty low. Buy it s/h or at least from the refurb store when they have a sale.

Thanks. Plan is for a refurb or second hand, just got to find one now. Missed one on eBay earlier today for a cracking price.

Think I may have to be patient for a little while with Boris’ earlier statement :exit:

I think you just need to put both words between inverted commas like Pauie shows and hit return, don't need a comma after, or that's how I used to do it

Lovely dog, Donna :)
As for tagging .................. "golden retriever", just add a comma after the two words (y)
I think you just need to put both words between inverted commas like Pauie shows and hit return, don't need a comma after, or that's how I used to do it
Got it, thanks very much
lovely dog, the Flickr one definitely looks sharper
yes, I was quite surprised. Will use Flickr from now on.

Now we`re on full lockdown I suggest drfinately two pix a week for the challenge now. Can either just start with two from the off, or one at the weekend, and one from Wednesday. What say you all?

PS - how do you do a tag with 2 words on Flickr - i.e. golden retriever (as one tag)?

“Golden Retriever” “Joe Bloggs” “John Smith” etc etc no other punctuation marks then just add as normal.

George.

Last edited:
Now we`re on full lockdown I suggest drfinately two pix a week for the challenge now. Can either just start with two from the off, or one at the weekend, and one from Wednesday. What say you all?

I would say weekend for both.

A Grape Hyacinth, fairly well cropped in from the original.

X-Pro2; XF18-50mm @50.5; f4; 1/800; ISO100

• Fujifilm X100V
  • ƒ/2.0
  • 33.0 mm
  • 1/125
  • Flash (off, did not fire)
49659199147_51a89da25b_c.jpg

Back