The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I can't work out if I'm doing something wrong or if there are issues with the X100F. I sincerely hope it's the former.

The other day, I couldn't get the viewfinder to switch from OVF to EVF. Then, after about 5 minutes, it suddenly started working again but I still can't get it to display the hybrid version (OVF with the smaller EVF in the bottom corner).

Then, just now, I switched the camera on but the rear screen was black, everything was through the viewfinder only (no, I wasn't covering the sensor). Again, after about 5 minutes, it began to work as normal again.

Please don't tell me I have to send it back. It was a good price and it was the last one WEX had in stock.

So that's that then, I'm Fujiless once more. The camera is being collected tomorrow. :(

Shout out to WEX for their excellent handling of the matter. (y)

So that's that then, I'm Fujiless once more. The camera is being collected tomorrow. :(

Thats a shame, getting a V now? Lol.

I totally assum you were but you were moving the lever on the front to switch between OVF and EVF yeah?

Bit of a shame as it seems you got a decent deal and were enjoying it, where to next?

Thats a shame, getting a V now? Lol.

Don't know, I got the F for £500 less than the V but it was the last one WEX had in stock, hence the price.

I totally assum you were but you were moving the lever on the front to switch between OVF and EVF yeah?

Yep. It now doesn't even have the superimposed frame in the OVF, it's as if it's switched off (it wasn't)

I was in Dorothea yesterday. Nearly a disaster, as I got there and found the SD card was still stuck in the computer at home, not in the camera. Fortunately there was a 2gb card in the van, as it happened. Shooting in raw made you make each shot count! Bit like I remember film.

Dorothea Evening
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Further on Down the Road...
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

...You Will Accompany Me
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr
That is an excellent lesson for most, leave a card in the car. Nice pics to!

Lovely light in the2nd and 3rd
Thanks.
I ended up leaving well alone, anything I tried messed it up!
Was about half an hour after the first shot and light had got more golden, and the doomy grey sky behind was a bonus. I'd have gone back for another crack at the first view, but had run out of space on the SD card.

Don't know, I got the F for £500 less than the V but it was the last one WEX had in stock, hence the price.

Yep. It now doesn't even have the superimposed frame in the OVF, it's as if it's switched off (it wasn't)

Was just kidding about the V. You could take on your sisters T if you can't find anything else? Hopefully you get something sorted and at least Wex is doing a grand job of taking care of things.

Was just kidding about the V. You could take on your sisters T if you can't find anything else? Hopefully you get something sorted and at least Wex is doing a grand job of taking care of things.

Well, I, erm.............I'm such an idiot! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I've just realised what the problem was and it wasn't the camera. It turns out that the Lensmate folding thumbrest is NOT suitable for the X100F as it presses the View Mode button! :rolleyes:

I've just had to send an apologetic email to WEX to ask them to cancel tomorrow's collection.

Remember folks, the customer definitely isn't always right! :ROFLMAO:

Well, I, erm.............I'm such an idiot! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I've just realised what the problem was and it wasn't the camera. It turns out that the Lensmate folding thumbrest is NOT suitable for the X100F as it presses the View Mode button! :rolleyes:

I've just had to send an apologetic email to WEX to ask them to cancel tomorrow's collection.

Remember folks, the customer definitely isn't always right! :ROFLMAO:

Thats brilliant. Happens to the best of us Marc. PICNIC works well in this situation - 'Problem In Chair, Not In Camera' ;)

At least you don't have to worry about sourcing another camera etc.

A view down a wild and windy Wastwater towards a lit by the morning sun Yewbarrow. Great Gable is hiding in the fog and clouds to the right. These two are next on my list when we go back. We got 80% of the way up Great Gable when our dog sat herself down and refused to go any further. She did walk up and down Scafell Pike the day before so I’ll let her off this once. :)

Yewbarrow
by Jason, on Flickr

A view down a wild and windy Wastwater towards a lit by the morning sun Yewbarrow. Great Gable is hiding in the fog and clouds to the right. These two are next on my list when we go back. We got 80% of the way up Great Gable when our dog sat herself down and refused to go any further. She did walk up and down Scafell Pike the day before so I’ll let her off this once. :)

Yewbarrow
by Jason, on Flickr

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph Jason, well composed with nice receding plains and well suited to the mono presentation.

George.

Very nice scenic style Fujigraph Stuart, well composed with some lovely colours.

George.

Thanks George for your comment, its much appreciated! (y)

Really liking the second one. Lovely colours and I like the contrasts between the two sides of the frame.(y)
Cheers mate, my wife said the exact same thing about the calm right side versus the choppy left side

Thats brilliant. Happens to the best of us Marc. PICNIC works well in this situation - 'Problem In Chair, Not In Camera' ;)

At least you don't have to worry about sourcing another camera etc.

I can't tell yo u how relieved I am.

It turns out that the Lensmate folding thumbrest is NOT suitable for the X100F as it presses the View Mode button!

No it doesn't, I just assumed that because it seemed to resolve itself when I removed it. It now seems likely that it was just my fat fingers!

Let's just say that I'm having a very bad day and I'm thinking about deleting my posts and asking you all to shred yourselves! :wacky:

I got mine from E-Infinity for £649.

No it doesn't, I just assumed that because it seemed to resolve itself when I removed it. It now seems likely that it was just my fat fingers!

Let's just say that I'm having a very bad day and I'm thinking about deleting my posts and asking you all to shred yourselves! :wacky:

But its working right? No need to return it etc?

But it's new, brand new..... Refurb store had some silver ones for £699.

Refurbs seem expensive when compared to new but, given that new are becoming less and less available, it's not too surprising.

@Cagey75 two nice shots posted with the Viltrox 85mm Keith, but that second one is a fab monochrome conversion. Love the contrast and tones in it.

Cheers,

Simon.

Back