The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I didn't realise it was a power zoom. I thought it was a bargain price for the lens (£50) so only picked it up because it was so cheap combined with the camera. I'll see how it goes but if it's not that great I'll just sell it on and keep using the 18-55 instead. Or like you said, keep it for extra lightweight kit since I will be treking up hills if the lockdown ever gets lift. Cheers!

It's a sharp little lens if you get a good one. I have had three, all bought with camera bodies from Fuji Refurb and of the three, two were soft at the edges at 15mm. The last one was pin sharp.

They are very light but I found the power zoom to be a complete PIA and as I still have an 18-55mm, all three went to Mr Camera Jungle at £101 a pop which, as the lens is only £50 over a body, is a result.

Try it, you will be either very pleasantly suprised or £51 better off!

It's a sharp little lens if you get a good one. I have had three, all bought with camera bodies from Fuji Refurb and of the three, two were soft at the edges at 15mm. The last one was pin sharp.

They are very light but I found the power zoom to be a complete PIA and as I still have an 18-55mm, all three went to Mr Camera Jungle at £101 a pop which, as the lens is only £50 over a body, is a result.

Try it, you will be either very pleasantly suprised or £51 better off!

I certainly will give it a go. Out of curiosity, I did an MPB quote and it was £100 so that's an ideal situation if it comes to moving it on. I didn't know it was a power zoom and I feel I'll share the same opinion as yourself on that one haha. Thanks for your insight :)

I switched from Oly to Fuji last year. I'm sure you won't regret it.
I have the 55 - 200 and find it a really nice piece of kit. Although it is not my most used lens. I tend to use the 18-55 for landscape stuff and the 100-400 for wildlife.

Thanks, sounds like you are pleased with the switch, I must admit the 100-400 is on my radar at some time in the future!!

I got a Smallrig L bracket today... I know it's just an L bracket, but it sure is a nice bit of kit. It's a perfect fit and great to have one made specifically for the camera rather than a gerneric one.

I got lucky this morning with an early *exercise* walk. Being I`m absolutely crapola at anything landscape, I`m pretty pleased with this ...

Misty Woods by Paulie-W, on Flickr

That's a nice Fujigraph mate, with a well composed lead in from the path and a good misty background area.

That's a nice Fujigraph mate, with a well composed lead in from the path and a good misty background area.

Thanks you, George :)

I knew there was mist this morning, but I was having a lazy one and telling OH it really doesn’t matter, I don’t HAVE to go out with the camera at every opportunity and how nice it was having a break from photography... so you get the drift... BUT then my b-in-law put up a photo from up the hill and I just crumbled, left my cup of tea and dashed out with the dog in tow. Yes I’m pleased I did. Boy, I love where I live!
Social Media-2658.jpg

I'm quite pleased with this one. It being one of the first shots I've taken with my tripod. Ridiculously nervous, and I didn't want to look at the result. But it came out okay in the end.

DSCF0605 by Neville Watkins, on Flickr

Last edited:
That works really well! Would you say it dimmed the highlights? Did it lose any contrast?

Also how did you make this? Just got a UV filter and sprayed HS on it? lol.

Thank you :)

I think it does a little, for sure. But being a screw in, and me being lazy. I couldn`t be arsed to take it off and do a comparison shot. Some contrast is lost, but nothing that can`t be brought back in post (y)

I just used my daughters spray.
Spray into the air and sweep the filter through it a few times (on the inside), at arms length. I think I made about eight passes. It`s very trial and error, but easy enough to clean if you go overboard ;) I found indoor testing with table lights was a good way. Then just added a couple more layers.

I did have to buy a cheap UV filter though, as I didn`t have anything that size. But not bad for £10 ;)

Thank you :)

I think it does a little, for sure. But being a screw in, and me being lazy. I couldn`t be arsed to take it off and do a comparison shot. Some contrast is lost, but nothing that can`t be brought back in post (y)

I just used my daughters spray.
Spray into the air and sweep the filter through it a few times (on the inside), at arms length. I think I made about eight passes. It`s very trial and error, but easy enough to clean if you go overboard ;) I found indoor testing with table lights was a good way. Then just added a couple more layers.

I did have to buy a cheap UV filter though, as I didn`t have anything that size. But not bad for £10 ;)

Awesome, I'm going to give it a try. Might try with some black spray paint to replicate the black pro-mist and see how that does. I believe I have some UV filters kicking about.

Do you think it's something you'll continue to use or just thought it was an experiment?

Awesome, I'm going to give it a try. Might try with some black spray paint to replicate the black pro-mist and see how that does. I believe I have some UV filters kicking about.

Do you think it's something you'll continue to use or just thought it was an experiment?

Cool :)
If you`re gonna use black spray, I`d mask up the thread, just in case ...

I think I probably will, when I get a chance. I think it would work well in certain NT houses, like Chartwell (when ever they open up again). They are good in certain situations for sure. But for now we are all a little limited as th what, and where we can shoot.

Cool :)
If you`re gonna use black spray, I`d mask up the thread, just in case ...

I think I probably will, when I get a chance. I think it would work well in certain NT houses, like Chartwell (when ever they open up again). They are good in certain situations for sure. But for now we are all a little limited as th what, and where we can shoot.

Thread masking is a good shout! Not something I thought of nor the videos I watched did it either haha. I'm going to look out the UV filters in the morning and give it a bash :)

Wow this is nice and even more so that I just noticed the bridge for the sense of scale. Nice shot!

Thread masking is a good shout! Not something I thought of nor the videos I watched did it either haha. I'm going to look out the UV filters in the morning and give it a bash :)

Wow this is nice and even more so that I just noticed the bridge for the sense of scale. Nice shot!
Thanks! Appreciated...:)

I got my X-S10 with the 15-45 today and it's..... weird haha. First impressions are that I think I like it? I know it's Fuji but it doesn't feel like Fuji and for some reason my brain doesn't confirm they're the same thing. It feels like a Sony A6000 because quite simply it looks like one. It does feel a little plastic in comparison to the X-T4 etc because it is but still feels a solid build.

I'll need to get it set up after dinner and get out tomorrow for a few snaps to make a proper conclusion but I think I'm going to like it. :)

Hi Peter are you serious about a mint XM1 ? I have a boxed Mint one in Black and a XA1 again Mint
one of many Fuji X bodies I purchased and added to my collection of bodies I could possibly be persuaded to sell either or both. only difference between the two bodies is the XM1 has no antialiasing filter and the XA1 does :)

Last edited:
Hi Peter are you serious about a mint XM1 ? I have a boxed Mint one in Black and a XA1 again Mint
one of many Fuji X bodies I purchased and added to my collection of bodies I could possibly be persuaded to sell either or both. only difference between the two bodies is the XM1 has no antialiasing filter and the XA1 does :)

And the X-M1 is X-Trans and the X-A1 is Bayer!!!

And the X-M1 is X-Trans and the X-A1 is Bayer!!!

yes thanks for that David forgot to mention the difference in the two sensors.
I will probably keep hold of the X-A1 as I do like the Bayern sensor of my X-A2 I took it to Stourhead a couple of years ago and loved the autumn colours I captured With it.
My GAS ran away with me hence 15 Fuji X bodies atm 7 old FUJIFILM FILM BODIES plus compacts and bridge !
I really think I’m in need of some serious help right now :(:runaway::runaway::fuji::nikon::olympus::pentax::canon:In fact anything photo related

This whole EU/UK think stinks ... I had planned to buy another Viltrox 85mm from our friend Lee on FB, but after getting caught just last week for lumped on fees [mostly from the courier] from a smaller/cheaper package from the UK I think it's a no go now :( I've really only shot family pics since about Oct, and some casual shooting for work using a dslr, I'm beginning to get the itch again with Spring here - maybe I just need to find a decent vintage macro lens

This whole EU/UK think stinks ... I had planned to buy another Viltrox 85mm from our friend Lee on FB, but after getting caught just last week for lumped on fees [mostly from the courier] from a smaller/cheaper package from the UK I think it's a no go now :( I've really only shot family pics since about Oct, and some casual shooting for work using a dslr, I'm beginning to get the itch again with Spring here - maybe I just need to find a decent vintage macro lens

Well that sucks, mate. Might actually be cheaper for you to buy from a euro Amazon. You never know :)

Am I doing something very wrong? I have Lightroom Version 6.14 and want to import a few RAF files I have taken on my Fuji X100V but Lightroom says it can't import them. I just want to convert to Jpeg and will never use RAW again (I have a Nikon for that) but I find even programs like Irfanview won't read the files and I had to download a plugin for WIndows Photos to see them (and even then it's very slow). How can I get them into Lightroom?

Back