The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I just joined the forum as I'm keen to get into Fuji after losing enthusiasm for Sony cameras' handling. I posted a Wanted ad in classifieds. But also wondered if anyone knew where I might buy a used 18-55mm lens and a used X-T10? I'm near Liverpool but nearest stores with a body is Cambrian Cameras in Colwyn Bay N Wales and Harrison's in Sheffield for the lens.

Steve
There's an XT10 and 18-55 for sale in classifieds now.

There's an XT10 and 18-55 for sale in classifieds now.

The op is probably not eligible to use the classifieds yet Sir, as he's only just joined TP and would need to get his post count up first.(y)

George.

I totally love BBF on the X-T20 so much easier than my old 70D as my thumb sits just right on AF-L. My next job is to change the X-T2 to BBF but on the back dial. Susie today, X-T20 + XF 35mm f2 just need more practice now.

Run Susie Run by Dave, on Flickr

Come to Daddy by Dave, on Flickr

Best Paw First by Dave, on Flickr

I totally love BBF on the X-T20 so much easier than my old 70D as my thumb sits just right on AF-L. My next job is to change the X-T2 to BBF but on the back dial.

I don't actually like the rear buttons on the X-T2 for BBF, I've actually ended up using the button on the front of the camera instead. Although that doesn't work when in portrait orientation...

On a slightly related note, I only upgraded the X-T2 firmware the other week and today out with the 50-140 I found the AF-C performance really hit and miss! At times it just wouldn't lock on at all, really frustrating Anyone else have this issue? Edit: As in focus issues since upgrading the firmware to 3.0.

Last edited:
Hi, it's true I only joined a day or two ago. To clarify the Wanted ad I posted was in another forum - Fuji x users I think. I'm wanting to buy rather than sell an X-T10/lens... If someone would be good enough to alert the seller perhaps they could message me directly and I might be able to buy. I will of course understand if this is against rules. Steve

Last edited:
I'm afraid it is against the rules, Steve. Keep contributing (decent contributions only, please!!!) and you'll soon be eligible to view and use the classifieds.

A warning has been given for this post
MOD EDIT:

What part of the warning Nod and Others gave, that it's not allowed in the forum rules to sell outside of the classifieds did you not understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, it's true I only joined a day or two ago. To clarify the Wanted ad I posted was in another forum - Fuji x users I think. I'm wanting to buy rather than sell an X-T10/lens... If someone would be good enough to alert the seller perhaps they could message me directly and I might be able to buy. I will of course understand if this is against rules. Steve

yep, it's against the rules, and if anyone DID pass a message on, they'd be breaking the rules and get "points on their licence" for it as well as you and the person selling to you.

Bide your time, make a few posts, and you'll get access eventually without breaking any of the rules.

Incidentally, READING those rules might be a good idea as well

they're here - https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/help/classifieds/

Anyone seen that the X-T3 will have full frame capabilities?
In a package about the same size as the T2. Smaller than the X-H1.
At least according to Fuji Rumours site. Sounds very interesting.

I thought this was an April Fool joke?

It would be interesting, would have to start a new lens range though. I guess it would instantly devalue the crop range as well depending on price of the FF lenses etc. Not convinced it's going to happen to be honest.

I just joined the forum as I'm keen to get into Fuji after losing enthusiasm for Sony cameras' handling. I posted a Wanted ad in classifieds. But also wondered if anyone knew where I might buy a used 18-55mm lens and a used X-T10? I'm near Liverpool but nearest stores with a body is Cambrian Cameras in Colwyn Bay N Wales and Harrison's in Sheffield for the lens.

Steve

If I can find someone to sell me their X-T2 you can have mine!

Lovely capture Dave, great balance of content against the snow and mist.

Peter
Cheers Peter, very kind. It won't exactly set the world on fire, but given the amount of snow flying through the air and my inability to feel my fingers at that stage, it's not a bad result :)

First time using the X-T2 in anger for landscapes. I freaking love this camera. Many complain about strange effects in PP, however most of these seem to arise from sharpening and to be honest, I don't think any of the shots I've taken have needed any today! Here's a couple from my half day out around the Lochs of the Trossachs and Glen Coe.

Kilchurn Castle Reflection
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Inveruglas Viewpoint

Thanks for looking.

Ian

Took this a while ago with the XT1 and 50-140

oJS79ZE.jpg

First time using the X-T2 in anger for landscapes. I freaking love this camera. Many complain about strange effects in PP, however most of these seem to arise from sharpening and to be honest, I don't think any of the shots I've taken have needed any today! Here's a couple from my half day out around the Lochs of the Trossachs and Glen Coe.

Kilchurn Castle Reflection

Inveruglas Viewpoint

Thanks for looking.

Ian

Good stuff. Agree, I don’t think this sensor needs any sharpening.

Question for X-T2 users. When bracketing, we can take 9 shots....question is, do you take all nine or fewer? What gap d'you leave between exposures in terms of stops?

Question for X-T2 users. When bracketing, we can take 9 shots....question is, do you take all nine or fewer? What gap d'you leave between exposures in terms of stops?

Ian this is a technique that @mickledore and I use regularly, Can't speak for Frank, but I take all 9 with 1 stop apart, I usually set the middle shot to be the ETTR image, BUT I don't always use all 9 in the Photo Merge afterwards, sometimes the brightest ones are just too bright and seem to skew the resultant image, also sometimes objects move too much in the dark shots (like the moon!)

This was 9 shot brackets but I only used the top 5 due to moon moving speed.

180131 Supermoon - Eastgate Clock - Chester
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

This was all 9

170325 Hope Valley

Lots of my nightime shots are taken in all 9 but I only use top 7

180602 Albert Dock 2

Indoors using 9, keeps window detail

170929 Liverpool Cathedral Lady Chapel 2000px

One this week, using all 9