The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have just been looking at the exif details in some of Dave's jazz pic's and noticed they are at 300 ppi, whereas mine are at 72 ppi, I am showing 300 psi in my export settings, does anyone have any idea why this would be? Looking back it seems all my shots are being saved at that setting, despite the export setting showing 300 ppi. This is using ON1 photo Raw 2020.

I have had a look at the settings now and needed to change it to high detail. All sorted now :)

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, it is a great addition to my equipment. :)

Although it wasn`t ergonomical for me, not getting the H1 has saved me a fortune in glass ;) I`d love the 90mm, but I`m way too shakey.

Last edited:
Just a thought, have you ever considered creating a “Green/Blue Screen” for a backdrop. Its not difficult to do and can be very effective when used properly. You would then have a limitless amount of options as backdrops as you can shoot them all yourself. The software side of things is very easy to use. I’ve been using that type of thing for years and certainly for me it works a treat.

George.

Could be interesting, though as much as I enjoy some PP I still prefer realism when shooting. I very rarely even clone anything out of my images unless it's very distracting. For tabletop still life I think I'd much prefer solid physical backdrops. But, I am always open to try new things :)

Just noticed, while taking a pic of my dog in a quiet room, that my 35f2 has a little bit of AF motor noise - a hum/whirr as it focuses. Never noticed it before. The wife commented on it as well. Wonder if it needs to go back.?

Just noticed, while taking a pic of my dog in a quiet room, that my 35f2 has a little bit of AF motor noise - a hum/whirr as it focuses. Never noticed it before. The wife commented on it as well. Wonder if it needs to go back.?
Both my xc zooms do that if I put my ear to them, very quiet though.

I think it's normal, the 50F2 makes a little noise too and a 'click' when it snaps into focus. None of them are totally silent, they just seem that way in noisier situations.

I missed this post somehow, thanks to @Jelster for highlighting it. I have been pondering seriously on re-buying the 35mm 1.4, I have the 50mm F2 atm but it's not pushing my buttons. Sure it's WR, faster and probably sharper. But I think my favourite lens in the past for Fuji was that 35 1.4. Yes it's slow [by comparison] and a little noisey [I don't do video so this doesn't really matter] but I do feel there's something about how it renders, how the images from it come across - the newer 'Fujicrons' don't match it in this dept. It's also one of those lenses that hasn't lost value, it's actually more expensive used in many cases than the 35 or 50F2 new. I kinda want one too!

I'm not a fan of the 35mm bokeh rendering, but everything else I really like. It's quite fast on the latest bodies too.

Both my xc zooms do that if I put my ear to them, very quiet though.
I think it's normal, the 50F2 makes a little noise too and a 'click' when it snaps into focus. None of them are totally silent, they just seem that way in noisier situations.

Cheers.

I was messing around with the X-e1 I've just got. It's a fair bit slower to focus than my X-t2 so the noise is (more) noticeable. The noise is there, after a careful listen, with the X-t2 but as focusing is pretty much instant, I never noticed it before. Panic over hopefully! :p

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the 35mm bokeh rendering, but everything else I really like. It's quite fast on the latest bodies too.

I'm not so fussy on bokeh, once it's there when I want it. Looking at old pics I shot using the lens the bokeh has an almost vintage lens quality I think, you can make it swirl if desired. I really liked how the lens renders overall, not all too different to the 35 F2 really, bokeh-wise they're much the same but the 1.4 can focus closer, has better magnification and you get the extra stop of light obviously. It works pretty well with macro tubes too. I have heard it is faster and even a little quieter [probably due to the faster AF] on the H1 but never actually seen the combination in action

Last edited:
I'm not so fussy on bokeh, once it's there when I want it. Looking at old pics I shot using the lens the bokeh has an almost vintage lens quality I think, you can make it swirl if desired. I really liked how the lens renders overall, not all too different to the 35 F2 really, bokeh-wise they're much the same but the 1.4 can focus closer, has better magnification and you get the extra stop of light obviously. It works pretty well with macro tubes too. I have heard it is faster and even a little quieter [probably due to the faster AF] on the H1 but never actually seen the combination in action

35 1.4 top lens, they should update the motors and sealing and rerelease it.

35 1.4 top lens, they should update the motors and sealing and rerelease it.

Now's the time for them to do it as viltrox have a 33mm 1.4 in the way for cheap, along with 23 and 56 1.4 offerings too. An update to the 35 is something Fuji users have been asking for for a long time though and no sign. They seem to think the 35f2 was the answer. Nice a lens as that one is it's not the answer.

Now's the time for them to do it as viltrox have a 33mm 1.4 in the way for cheap, along with 23 and 56 1.4 offerings too. An update to the 35 is something Fuji users have been asking for for a long time though and no sign. They seem to think the 35f2 was the answer. Nice a lens as that one is it's not the answer.

i dread to think how much fuji would charge for mark ii versions of: 23, 35, 56. current versions on amazon today are : £799, £499, £829/£1049 (apd)

Been having a nosy in here past few days and notice a few keep coming back to Fuji from other brands. Something must be special about them

There will always be people switching to and fro between systems, we see people switch from Canon to Sony or Sony to Fuji etc ... they want to try all options I guess. But it can get expensive as you most likely lose money with each switch. I think Fuji definitely has an attraction that no other APSC system has. The bodies are desirable and the lenses are all pretty much great. I can't really think of a terrible Fuji lens, even the cheaper XC zooms are decent.

i dread to think how much fuji would charge for mark ii versions of: 23, 35, 56. current versions on amazon today are : £799, £499, £829/£1049 (apd)

It probably would be out of my range but going on how many times I've seen whole threads [on other forums like dpr] dedicated to the 35 1.4 I think an update would sell easily for 499, but it'll probably be more like £599 to kick off. And can't see too many hit the used sites anytime soon after if it lives up.

All it has to be is much like twist suggested earlier, pretty much the same lens with better build and updated [silent] AF motors, it doesn't even need to have WR though that would be sweet.

Last edited:
There are solid plans for Viltrox to release a 56-1.4, 33-1.4 and 23-1.4 for Fuji X. Now, this may seem strange going head-on with lenses which are already available from Fuji, but the Viltrox stuff will be cheaper (less than the Fuji f2's by all accounts) and with more modern focus motors. If the 85's anything to go by, there will be fun times ahead.

I've put a "grip" on my x-t10, really made a difference to the feel of the camera. 2nd hand prices aren't bad, got mine from Wex (£38), after all it's only a grip, there's no battery in there, new price is ridiculous.

I've put a "grip" on my x-t10, really made a difference to the feel of the camera. 2nd hand prices aren't bad, got mine from Wex (£38), after all it's only a grip, there's no battery in there, new price is ridiculous.
I've a spare grip and half leather case for my X-E1 arriving shortly. Handy ok...

There are solid plans for Viltrox to release a 56-1.4, 33-1.4 and 23-1.4 for Fuji X. Now, this may seem strange going head-on with lenses which are already available from Fuji, but the Viltrox stuff will be cheaper (less than the Fuji f2's by all accounts) and with more modern focus motors. If the 85's anything to go by, there will be fun times ahead.

Looks like these will be announced officially in December: https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/...imes-for-fuji-x-eos-m-and-sony-a6000-shooters

They will be available for EOS-M and Sony E-Mount also. Price stated on there is $250 a pop but I have seen on other sites [can't find the info atm] that the 56mm could be more like 290, still a steal if they're any good.

JeedayHiRes-0082sml.jpg

XT3 | 35mm 1.4 | F8 | 1/125 | ISO 80

Having only switched to fuji from canon last month, I have seriously loved every minute of it! I am now desperately waiting the release date for the XPro3!

JeedayHiRes-0082sml.jpg

Having only switched to fuji from canon last month, I have seriously loved every minute of it! I am now desperately waiting the release date for the XPro3!

"Excellent" portrait style Fujigraph, nuff said.

George.

JeedayHiRes-0082sml.jpg

Another cracker Kris -- simply exquisite.

Peter

JeedayHiRes-0008sml.jpg

Recently discovered that the 80mm Macro is going to be my favourite headshot lens. Wonderful bit of glass!
More great work! Just looking through both of your sites. You have a great talent

Back