The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well, I've gone for it. I've bought myself an X-Pro1 and an XC18-50 lens and I have to say that i'm really impressed with the camera and the lens. I've also got hold of a lens adapter so that I can use my Sigma 10-24 (Nikon fit) with the camera.

Hopefully i'll be able to post some images into this thread that will match uop with the fantastic quality of those already in here.

Now to get on, in earnest, and sell my Nikon kit to pay for my new 'habit' !
Would love to see some images taken using the sigma 10-20, used to have one with my D7100. Be nice to try one on Fuji

We sadly said goodbye to our second cat this year today. Scout developed a growth just a couple of weeks back, she had surgery to remove it but unfortunately the cancer had spread, rapidly. We had her put to sleep this evening, very sad for the kids [and us] - she was 6 1/2 years young. Will miss her posing for me. One of my most popular images on Flickr is of her from this summer - X-H1 with a Canon 50mm 1.8 adapted:

MMM, freshly mown lawn by K G, on Flickr

RIP little moggy

It's hard Keith, they are part of the family. We had a house rabbit for over 10 years, he was 12 when we lost him earlier this year and even though we've moved house we still say we miss him.

I'm terrible with pets, I get really emotional when they leave us. Took me ages to get over our last cat (who also had cancer). Still as photographers, at least we have managed to encapsulate some good memories....

That is precisely how we thought of them too, part of the family. One was almost 10, this one would have been 7 in April. Both will be side by side end of the garden though :)
Hurts like Hell when you lose a pet, some people (incorrectly) say you don't get close to cats or they don't get close to you, so sorry for your loss.

@rick448 looks like a firmware update could offer better gimbal support and faster autofocus for video work.

What other lens would you have in the kit in addition to the 18-55 for video work?

X100T arrived from Camera Jungle today, it was black, not silver (I prefer black, so winner!) and they'd left a really nice metal thumb grip on it.
I bought an X100 from camera jungle last Sunday. It arrived on Monday morning so within 16 hours of placing the order. It had firmware 1.3 so had never been updated. SN23xxxxx. All boxed with all original accessories manual and the extra 1.3 new feature book. It was classed as 'good' because of a tiny mark on the LCD which you can only see you shine a light on the LCD. The rest of the camera was perfect condition and although you can't really check the shutter count ,the file number was 950 so I have a feeling it may have been a Jessops ex display.
For £230 I am a very pleased.
There are some good bargains to be had especially if the 20% code is still working.

I guess only you can answer that. I've got a nice full frame set up now but may ditch it all for fuji.

Yeah and looking at the results in this thread, I couldn’t blame you.
I’m going to think it over, however with Black Friday around the corner I might have to decide soon lol :eek:

It's hard Keith, they are part of the family. We had a house rabbit for over 10 years, he was 12 when we lost him earlier this year and even though we've moved house we still say we miss him.

I'm terrible with pets, I get really emotional when they leave us. Took me ages to get over our last cat (who also had cancer). Still as photographers, at least we have managed to encapsulate some good memories....

I'm the opposite, and I really don't mean to be - when a pet dies I try to be the strong one I guess - I'm gutted, sad and p***ed off, but i won't cry! Meanwhile my partner and 2 daughters are in tears, and I feel complete s*** because I'm not - but then I realise I'm the 'rock' - I'm not supposed to, I'm there for them ... it was emotional I will say, and goddamnit I miss that cat already!

Hurts like Hell when you lose a pet, some people (incorrectly) say you don't get close to cats or they don't get close to you, so sorry for your loss.

Those people are certainly wrong I don't get along with dogs, wouldn't have one as a pet, avoid them best I can in general [because of a fear] but I would never underestimate someone's love for their dog, I completely get it. I just have a personal fear/dislike [for dogs being near me] but I still admire the F out of those animals. I find people who say they 'hate cats' or slag them off because they don't like them - despicable tbh. F those people.

Last edited:
@rick448 looks like a firmware update could offer better gimbal support and faster autofocus for video work.

What other lens would you have in the kit in addition to the 18-55 for video work?
I have a few to be honest, they are all in my signature below. Let's hope it improves things :)

I received my new to me X-Pro 2 yesterday, thanks @kris3291 , and have been having a play around with the settings this morning while waiting for my little one to come out of dancing. My first impressions are that I am going to like this as an easy to carry around option instead of either my gripped H1 or T3. The handing is lovey, it looks really retro, and feels beautifully built. I have also been impressed with the AF speed which I wasn't sure would be as good as the others, but it seems right up there in the current light, I'll try it in lower light over the weekend.

It is a nice compromise between the X100F and T3 and obviously doesn't have all the options on dials like the T3, but I can live with that as I have most things assigned to other buttons now. The only things I have noticed so far which I can criticise are, the lack of being able to sign the rear command dial to change my ISO unless I press it and then scroll through the auto options, and the fact I can't set BBF as I can on the others.

But, that being said, I am sure this is going to get a load of use, especially once I have the 35 1.4 :D

I have a few to be honest, they are all in my signature below. Let's hope it improves things :)

You have quite a collection there! My current Nikon has 24-70 so the 18-55 could replace that. I like the 35 and 85 combo also so sounds like 23 and 50 f2 would be the ideal other primes in the bag for photo or video or getting an adapter to use older glass.

You have quite a collection there! My current Nikon has 24-70 so the 18-55 could replace that. I like the 35 and 85 combo also so sounds like 23 and 50 f2 would be the ideal other primes in the bag for photo or video or getting an adapter to use older glass.
I had a large Canon collection previously, but switched to Fuji and can't see me got back to the DSLR route anytime soon. I just like the whole Fuji experience to be honest.

Really happy to see the come back of Fuji! Once I though it would disappear like Konica , Yashica ! Good going.

I took the new, to me, X-Pro1 out this afternoon, to a local lake. I'm really pleased with how it peforms and the XC16-50 lens is lovely. I was a bit worried as I made a cheeky offer on the body on eBay (£170) and won it. But, i've uodated the firmware and the body is in nearly mint condition.

Here's one of my first images ...

Last edited:
I took the new, to me, X-Pro1 out this afternoon, to a local lake. I'm really pleased with how it peforms and the XC16-50 lens is lovely. I was a bit worried as I made a cheeky offer on the body on eBay (£170) and won it. But, i've uodated the firmware and the body is in nearly mint condition.

That's a cracker - lovely detail and lighting

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, well composed with some lovely colour and detail.

George.

Cracking shot Jim.

I'm looking for a gimbal for my XT3 to travel with, any opinions of any good ones I could get in the fleabay for relatively cheap? Budget about £150 used?

I'm looking for a gimbal for my XT3 to travel with, any opinions of any good ones I could get in the fleabay for relatively cheap? Budget about £150 used?

What lens will you use? You may struggle to balance the camera and lens on something that cheap. I was looking at the Zhiyun Crane M2 and even that will just about get an X-T3 with a light prime and is more suited to the X-T30. The FeiyuTech G6 Plus might balance something upto 800g but again lens dependent.

A quick (I hope) questiomn for all you Fujifilm experts - I can't see the X-Pro1 or any XC or XF lenses in the Lens Correction section in Lightroom, does anyone else have them and if so, how do you import them? I've done the latest update but they still don't appear.

cheers

A quick (I hope) questiomn for all you Fujifilm experts - I can't see the X-Pro1 or any XC or XF lenses in the Lens Correction section in Lightroom, does anyone else have them and if so, how do you import them? I've done the latest update but they still don't appear.

cheers

The Fujifilm lenses are auto corrected on import

View attachment 260618

A great frosty morning, when I drove out of my road it was a big decision either to turn right for the sea or left for the heath. I turned right, but then saw there was a little mist so turned around and headed inland. Pleased I did

“Excellent” Landscape style Fujigraph, nuff said.

George.

for weeks now, every weekend has been dull and damp, not very inspiring but still looking at some photos here I am praying for bright, frosty mornings to arrive, it cant stay dull forever....…….or can it, it is Scunthorpe after all.

for weeks now, every weekend has been dull and damp, not very inspiring but still looking at some photos here I am praying for bright, frosty mornings to arrive, it cant stay dull forever....…….or can it, it is Scunthorpe after all.

I'm sure you will have a nice red sky over the steelworks most nights :D

It's just that time of the year, the reason many people get depressed around this time too. The leaves have all fallen, the trees are bare and there's just not as much colour about now. Add to that the fact it's getting dark at 4:30 or so. But, the crispy frosty and misty mornings will come - it's also a good time to get into a spot of night photography, as you don't have to stay out till all hours for your long exposures or night-scapes

Back