The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Autumn sun through the trees With the 7artisans 7.5mm fisheye.

Love the colours and the use of light but i'm not a fan of fisheye shots, personally (I dont like the bendy perspective - it messes with my mojo ;) )

I didn’t know about the 7artisans fisheye, that could find its way into my bag! Even a Samyang fisheye seemed too expensive for my usage, but I could justify this!

Love the colours and the use of light but i'm not a fan of fisheye shots, personally (I dont like the bendy perspective - it messes with my mojo ;) )

Its not my ideal either, but the 16-50 isn’t often wide enough. No matter now, I’ve just received a samyang 12mm, so the fisheye will be resigned to the bag for special occasions or whenever I come across a skateboarder in the woods.

Its not my ideal either, but the 16-50 isn’t often wide enough. No matter now, I’ve just received a samyang 12mm, so the fisheye will be resigned to the bag for special occasions or whenever I come across a skateboarder in the woods.

Tom, I've had two Samyang 12mm and both have focused past infinity, my advice would be to set it short of infinity, I'm usually halfway between 1 and infinity on teh dial, then everything should be in focus at F8 from your feet to infinity. Still struggle with the colour rendition compared to some of the Fuji Lenses.

Tom, I've had two Samyang 12mm and both have focused past infinity, my advice would be to set it short of infinity, I'm usually halfway between 1 and infinity on teh dial, then everything should be in focus at F8 from your feet to infinity. Still struggle with the colour rendition compared to some of the Fuji Lenses.

Yeah Ive had one before and experienced the same. It'll take some practice to learn its foibles. I think we are spoilt with fuji lenses, even the cheapest ones often outclass more expensive third party glass!

Beautiful image there :)

Cheers Rick

Now that is a stunning image Graham, loving the colours and the rays of light coming through are magic.

Thanks Dave got lucky with the sun rays

This is beautiful. Well done.
Cheers Jonathon

Wow. Great stuff, loving the colours. (y)

Thanks Jason there is something about the Fuji colours.

Love that Graham

Thanks Pete

beautiful

Cheers Nick

I've been watching a lot of Sean Tucker videos on Youtube lately and it's really made me reevaluate how I use shadows in an image. After getting my 35/1.4 at the weekend I've been trying to use deep shadows to keep an image simpler and hold focus on the subject. I don't shoot a lot of street stuff, but it's been a blast so far and I'm definitely going to carry on with it.

Salisbury

Salisbury 1.jpg

Window Shopping
Yeovil 1.jpg

Pug Walker
Yeovil 2.jpg

Haven't been by much lately (partly computer issues, now sorted) but I see the thread is still a reliable source of quality images!

Also haven't got out as much with a camera as I would have liked (I love frost and mist and hate seeing them on my way to work!) but here's a quick street shot from the weekend, with the 35mm f/2.

Illuminated
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Haven't been by much lately (partly computer issues, now sorted) but I see the thread is still a reliable source of quality images!

Also haven't got out as much with a camera as I would have liked (I love frost and mist and hate seeing them on my way to work!) but here's a quick street shot from the weekend, with the 35mm f/2.

Illuminated
by David Hallett, on Flickr

That is a very nice shot Dave, like this a lot.

Thanks mate, it will get a good testing tomorrow at the jazz do.
I'll look forward to seeing those shots, I'll also be interested to hear how you think it compares to the 16mm 1.4.

Has anyone been to the House of Photography that opened earlier in the week?

Had an email from Flickr saying about Your best shot 2019. I put this one in, taken with X-T3 + XF50mm f2. It was bright blue sky that day but had fun with the edit.

I360 by Dave, on Flickr

“Excellent” Fujigraph, of this Brighton iconic constrution.

George.

Leake Street Arches with Xpro1 and XF 90mm

35OFplV.jpg

Last edited:
Back