The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Liking this set of Fujigraphs very much, particularly #3.

"Tell me Dave, is that pub (#2) more or less opposite the entrance to The Dome ? sure I've been in there while waiting to attend a concert in The Dome many moons ago"

George.

Thank you George, the lad eating is near the Dome as I was having a pint in the Wagon & Horses pub, and the one with the caged booze is the Druids Head.

If it has IBIS I'm all over this

I was kinda hoping they'd have brought something new out with IBIS by now, either an X-H2 or an upgraded X-T3/4. At the moment I'm sittin' on the fence with regards to our units. We've had our X-H1s for close on two years now with most of them having done in excess of 200-250K clicks (and not one breakdown with any of them). We've changed all of the shutters during our quieter season and of course they've all had a full service. But after a couple of years hard use I would much rather get new units and put the X-H1s out to our less demanding work or as extremely good back ups to something new.

George.

Last edited:
Heads up, if anyone fancies doing a deal with their XF18mm lens against my as new/immaculate/boxed XF27mm lens please let me know.
Think I would use a XF18mm lens length more so than my XF27mm. Thanks

Cheers;
Peter

When I got my XF18mm from Wex a few months back I made a mistake, as I wanted small and dinky. If you put some photos up in the classified then I can do the same tomorrow.

Finished blinging adding useful accessories to my Fuji today. The tripod has been converted to Arca Swiss attachment and the Fooj is now rockin‘ an L-bracket. Wanted to do this for ages. Will be good, hopefully, to take portrait orientated photos without the camera hanging off the side of the tripod. The bracket has a nice wooden handgrip as well. The wife thinks it looks ’cute’. :D

Finished blinging adding useful accessories to my Fuji today. The tripod has been converted to Arca Swiss attachment and the Fooj is now rockin‘ an L-bracket. Wanted to do this for ages. Will be good, hopefully, to take portrait orientated photos without the camera hanging off the side of the tripod. The bracket has a nice wooden handgrip as well. The wife thinks it looks ’cute’. :D
Pics!

Off to Highgate cemetery on Sunday. Have any of you guys been before? Just looking at lens suggestions really :)

Here's the XT2 with funky new L-bracket. Used it this morning. Works really well and feels a nice bit of kit. I doubt I'll ever manage without one again.

View attachment 265389
That looks really good, I'll have a look for one of those for the T3 as an option instead of the grip all the time.

That looks really good, I'll have a look for one of those for the T3 as an option instead of the grip all the time.

Just search XT2 L-bracket on Amazon and you'll find it. It's made by 'Smallrig'. It's got a neat little magnetic spanner that sticks to the bracket for adjusting the various adjustable bits and for removing from camera. 70 quid though!

Edit:

I first spotted the bracket on Heaton's channel and liked the look of it. Scoot forward to about 09:30...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgA6RYQ5dJQ

Last edited:
Here's the XT2 with funky new L-bracket. Used it this morning. Works really well and feels a nice bit of kit. I doubt I'll ever manage without one again.

View attachment 265389

Looks cool, mate (y) All you need now, is a little wooden shutter release topper ;)

The Small rig bracket is excellent, - check amazon and small rig directly and ebay as one is often cheaper than the other. Got mine for £62

Had mine on my XT3 long before Mr Heaton unveiled his XT3 to the world :p

The Small rig bracket is excellent, - check amazon and small rig directly and ebay as one is often cheaper than the other. Got mine for £62

Had mine on my XT3 long before Mr Heaton unveiled his XT3 to the world :p

I’ve just ordered the small rig off Amazon for the a73 costing £47, going to get a couple for my Fuji’s.

Off to Highgate cemetery on Sunday. Have any of you guys been before? Just looking at lens suggestions really :)

It’s brilliant. Do the tour in the other cemetery, well worth it! Wide would be useful for some shots, but pretty much anything from 16-150 would be fine.

If the rumoured xt4 has IBIS will it make its way into to the xt40? And what will it do to body size?

It’s brilliant. Do the tour in the other cemetery, well worth it! Wide would be useful for some shots, but pretty much anything from 16-150 would be fine.

Thanks, Simon (y)
Tour is also booked. I`ve got 14mm for wide :)

In Dinorwic yesterday, went to several paces I’ve not need to before, on way back to car stumbled, jammed right foot, went head over heals and when stopped my right foot was pointing out at 45 degrees!!

the guy who I was with had done the same 9 months earlier, mountain rescue there in less than 40 mins, airlifted to Bangor hospital, ankle re-aligned yesterday, going to be inner today.

so you will all have to wait for the pictures!!

currently featured on the Llanberis Moutain Rescue Team Facebook page - they were simply phenomenal

it’s a lesson to those of us who wander out alone - take care

Back