The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I really like the 'idea' of the XTx cameras, full manual dials etc, and obviously with the X-T3 you get the performance to go with it. However, I do wish it had a beefier grip as it's not as nice to hold as My EM1 or Z7. I know the XH-1 is kind of 'that camera' but that is chunkier all round, and no lighter than FF. Of course, add a grip to the X-T3....

I‘m really liking my XT2 with the Smallrig L-bracket/grip. Better handling with next to no added weight.

My list of shame. Odd the amount of times I’ve jumped brands.

Canon 400d
.. 40d
.. 7d
Nikon D700 (my favourite camera ever)
Canon 6d
.. 7dmk2
.. 350d IR *
Nikon D7100
Fuji X10
.. XPro1
.. XT10
Nikon D750
Olympus EM5mk2
Fuji XT2 *
.. XE1 *

Some Holga thing *
A 3D film camera *

* means I still own it.

I‘m happy with Fuji. It strikes the right weight to usability to IQ to fun factor for me. I did love my D700 though. I regretted it about 10 seconds after letting it go. :(

Last edited:
If I were to go back to the early 80's when first had a a film camera, my list would be much longer, much, much longer. Zenit, Praktica, Pentax (loved my ME Super) Olympus (had a trip - didn't we all?), Nikons, and then the EOS 620. Work, family & mortgages got in the way for a number of years until my first digital camera.

Despite my poor efforts, I have actually been trying to crack the photography lark for quite a few years!!

I've got the fuji metal hand grip on my T2, and find it really helps. I'm assuming there's one for the T3 too.
I‘m really liking my XT2 with the Smallrig L-bracket/grip. Better handling with next to no added weight.
Thanks, although the trouble with adding a grip is that they are between 120-140g and whilst that doesn't sound a lot it puts the weight into FF mirrorless category and then I'd have to ask myself why I'd choose crop sensor over FF, especially with the lenses that I'd opt for.

Peoples....

I've just picked up a Godox X1-T to go with my Godox flash unit. I can get it to trigger the flash, but it won't seem to give the right amount of light, everything is under exposed. Any ideas????

Peoples....

I've just picked up a Godox X1-T to go with my Godox flash unit. I can get it to trigger the flash, but it won't seem to give the right amount of light, everything is under exposed. Any ideas????

Make sure HSS is off, unless you actually plan to shoot above 1/250 using the flash - OR, make sure you have preview exposure on, flash or triggers mounted to the HS tend to over-ride this so we get a brighter preview.

Peoples....

What have you got it set on. TTL or Manual? If Manual tap the grp (middle) button and spin the thumbwheel to adjust power settings. TTL I have no idea ;)

Thanks, although the trouble with adding a grip is that they are between 120-140g and whilst that doesn't sound a lot it puts the weight into FF mirrorless category and then I'd have to ask myself why I'd choose crop sensor over FF, especially with the lenses that I'd opt for.

I just checked the T3 one, and boxed weight is 141g .... I do like that it`s base is a arca swiss plate though :)

Peoples....

If it`s the T3 you use, you can set the power of the flash in camera too.

My list of shame. Odd the amount of times I’ve jumped brands.

Canon 400d
.. 40d
.. 7d
Nikon D700 (my favourite camera ever)
Canon 6d
.. 7dmk2
.. 350d IR *
Nikon D7100
Fuji X10
.. XPro1
.. XT10
Nikon D750
Olympus EM5mk2
Fuji XT2 *
.. XE1 *

Some Holga thing *
A 3D film camera *

* means I still own it.

I‘m happy with Fuji. It strikes the right weight to usability to IQ to fun factor for me. I did love my D700 though. I regretted it about 10 seconds after letting it go. :(
...and mine, though not as impressive as yours...

Brownie 127 (back in the 60s)
Kodak Instamatic
Zenit something or another
Halina something or another
Ricoh ???
Canon T70
Canon T90
...5 year break from photography...
Canon Ixus
Canon 50d
Canon 7d
Canon 5Dii
canon 5Diii
fuji X-T2
Fuji X-T3

Do you need a remote for the X-T3 when using an ND 10 stop filter,can,t find what i,m looking for in the manual.

Do you need a remote for the X-T3 when using an ND 10 stop filter,can,t find what i,m looking for in the manual.
No you can use T - timed mode, gives you exposure times beyond 30 seconds up to 15 mins.

That‘s how I do it. I’ve got the Lee Ten Stop calculator app on my ‘phone and just dial the required exp time in.

I’m still dithering over the 18-135. I know it’s comparatively average IQ-wise, by Fuji standards at least but I’ve a few days by the sea in Wales next week. Forecast to be showery and windy, (do you even need a weather forecast when going to Wales :p ), so being weather sealed and a pretty much catch all focal range means no lens changing on windy beaches. It would also be a good lens, I think, for going up mountains when kit weight is an issue. Hhmmm. Only catch I can see is that will likely lead to the 16-55 getting a lot less use due to laziness on my part.

I’m talking myself into it aren’t I? :)

:fuji:

Ok thanks guys

I just checked the T3 one, and boxed weight is 141g .... I do like that it`s base is a arca swiss plate though :)
TBH as I use the peak design strap I use the tripod plate to attach one of the anchor points so the grip being arca compatible is of no use to me. If boxed weight is 141g then I would guess the grip itself is 120g ish making the XT3 with grip circa 660g. The Sony A7III is only 650g, the A7RIV 664g and the Nikon Z7 675g.

Damn you guys get through some cameras :eek:

I would say my list is much more the norm;

80's - 90's film cams into a tonne of cheap digi compacts into;
Sony A200
Nikon D200
Nikon D80
Nikon D90
Nikon D800E
Fuji X-T1
Fuji Xpro1
Olympus EM5
Panasonic G80
Fuji X-H1

Canon EOS1000Fn
Canon EOS 5
Canon D30
Canon D60
Canon 70D
Canon 5D Mkiii
Canon 7D Mkii
Fuji X100T
Fuji X-T3
Fuji X100F
Fuji X-H1
Fuji Xpro 2

(Still own)

It's amazing that so many have reached the same point in their journey in terms of equipment and have ended up owning a Fuji!!

TBH as I use the peak design strap I use the tripod plate to attach one of the anchor points so the grip being arca compatible is of no use to me. If boxed weight is 141g then I would guess the grip itself is 120g ish making the XT3 with grip circa 660g. The Sony A7III is only 650g, the A7RIV 664g and the Nikon Z7 675g.

Fair point. I too have PD strap, but kinda have to use the body mountings on both sides now. But I got used to it. I`m actually surprised at how little the FF bodies weigh tbh. I thought they`d be a fair bit heavier. Saying that, and coming from a D810, my T2 feels like a sheet of paper, even with the grip :)

A visitor today, I didn't have much chance to get the shot right, firstly I didn't have any long lenses, and secondly I failed to render that the Chinook rotors are very slow...

Chinook by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Amazing that so many of them found their way here after disappointment upon disappointment through other brands

Who's that? From what I've seen over the years, people come and go. Usually the same faces. Then there are the regulars.

My history is very short indeed, disregarding consumer compacts, various Pentax film cameras like the Super-A and the P30, and the odd Minolta, in the digital age it goes Pentax K-10D, Fuji X-T10, Fuji X-T2. :) I stilll have them all, although the X-T10 is now combined with a Pentax 645 lens on a Rhinocam. Maybe that counts for an extra one?

Here's one in a series of blue hour pictures taken on Christchurch Meadow between Christmas and New Year. The mist only formed after sundown, bit of a lucky break!

Quietude
by David Hallett, on Flickr

My history is very short indeed, disregarding consumer compacts, various Pentax film cameras like the Super-A and the P30, and the odd Minolta, in the digital age it goes Pentax K-10D, Fuji X-T10, Fuji X-T2. :) I stilll have them all, although the X-T10 is now combined with a Pentax 645 lens on a Rhinocam. Maybe that counts for an extra one?

Here's one in a series of blue hour pictures taken on Christchurch Meadow between Christmas and New Year. The mist only formed after sundown, bit of a lucky break!

Quietude
by David Hallett, on Flickr
Very nice image :) I like the colours of that, the mist makes it extra nice.

On an X-T3 (or 2 for that matter) is it possible to shoot in Bulb and set the time on the Fuji ap, or am i going to need a remote cable switch?

(I have one for the T2, but the connector is different on the T3)

Who's that? From what I've seen over the years, people come and go. Usually the same faces. Then there are the regulars.

Er, the ones who've posted their camera history in here silly. don't worry, nobody seems to have stupidly started with Sony bar me :p

On an X-T3 (or 2 for that matter) is it possible to shoot in Bulb and set the time on the Fuji ap, or am i going to need a remote cable switch?

(I have one for the T2, but the connector is different on the T3)

The reality is that using a combination of the T mode and exposure compensation you can get the time spot on, no need to phaff about with the app

If I were to go back to the early 80's when first had a a film camera, my list would be much longer, much, much longer. Zenit, Praktica, Pentax (loved my ME Super) Olympus (had a trip - didn't we all?), Nikons, and then the EOS 620. Work, family & mortgages got in the way for a number of years until my first digital camera.

Despite my poor efforts, I have actually been trying to crack the photography lark for quite a few years!!

Similar history and outcome to myself, first ‘real camera’ a Topcon Unirex, bought in Honk Kong as a merchant navy apprentice, then Olympus, Pentax etc etc. Unfortunately still at sea working, fortunately still enjoying photography, and still trying to crack the the photography lark.

Last edited:
Back