The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks very much Gil.

I always shoot in Provia or Classic Chrome. Processing methods vary ranging from using C1 or Fujifilm Camera RAW 3 (Silkypix) to develop the RAW, sometimes I will use one of the Acros filters in those programmes, other times I develop in colour then use ON1 Effects which has a wide range of B&W simulations.

For a lot of my street shots I just use the JPG if shooting Classic Chrome.

Thanks for the info, must try to refine my B&W. Your photos show how effective photos look in B&W when done properly :)

Finally got my daughter to give me five minutes of her precious gaming time, to pose for a pic :)

T2 56mm f3.6 iso400 2x ocf

Wrapped Up by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Don`t think your daughter will get cold wearing that hat as I have two of them and know how good they are, another great image and bang on in B&W.

Don`t think your daughter will get cold wearing that hat as I have two of them and know how good they are, another great image and bang on in B&W.

Cheers,Dave (y)
It is actually my hat. Being folically challenged, I need to keep my solar panel toasty in this bloody weather ;)

Very wet and stormy here today. Shop window of my parents gallery blew in this morning, also an upstairs window, also a good number of angle slates blew off the roof and smashed the roof of his framing workshop in two places. They live in the next village, and are in their late eighties.
I took this just before the phone went.

Watercolours
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very wet and stormy here today. Shop window of my parents gallery blew in this morning, also an upstairs window, also a good number of angle slates blew off the roof and smashed the roof of his framing workshop in two places. They live in the next village, and are in their late eighties.
I took this just before the phone went.

Watercolours
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Just like an abstract, what camera and lens.

Looks like a Harris Hawk to me.
On the bird, could well be, I've looked at some google images and 'some' Golden Eagles have similar colour and more in particular the beak, but I am pretty clueless otherwise.
[edit] yup after looking at some Harris Hawk images that seems much more likely. GE have a more pronounced 'jaw line' and beak
That's the one I was trying to think of. Not a UK variety but very popular with falconers.

Thanks for the help with the bird ID, chaps! I am clueless about them but having looked at some images it does appear to be a Harris Hawk. It was with a falconer as part of his display so that's another tick in the box. Thanks again :)

It is tempting. I love everything about my Sonys (A7ii and A6500) except the lack of dedicated control dials. Which is what made me look at the Fujifilms. I may replace the A6500 if an X-E2 works ergonomically. X-Pro1 or X-Pro2 is just so big - A7 size, really. And I want to keep the FF, especially for low light.

Have an X-E2 that is sitting on the shelf when you're interested..

As my Mrs is interested in having another go at this picture taking lark, I thought I'd stick a zoom on the spare T2 for her.

What's the feedback on the 16-18 f4? I could just buy another cheap 18-55, but I think the bigger lens will offer her more.

What's the feedback on the 16-18 f4? I could just buy another cheap 18-55, but I think the bigger lens will offer her more.

Presume you mean the 16-80? That's exactly what looks like being the #1 choice for my first lens, so I'm also keen to hear views.

As my Mrs is interested in having another go at this picture taking lark, I thought I'd stick a zoom on the spare T2 for her.

Plenty of reviews on the usual channels, I thought about buying it as my main walkaround lens, but for the price and the reviews I've seen, I'll stick with the 18-55.

Unless you need the extra reach or the WR then I'd stick with the 18-55, of course a s/h 18-135 would give you more reach and WR at half the price of the 16-80 but more than the price of a s/h 18-55.

For the price of the 16-80 you could buy a s/h 18-55 and bag a s/h XF16mmF1.4 for yourself ;)

Unless you need the extra reach or the WR then I'd stick with the 18-55, of course a s/h 18-135 would give you more reach and WR at half the price of the 16-80 but more than the price of a s/h 18-55.

For the price of the 16-80 you could buy a s/h 18-55 and bag a s/h XF16mmF1.4 for yourself ;)
Been a while since I looked at your Flickr photostream, got to say it's nothing short of stunning (y). I like your 'moody' film processing on some of you recent photos from Wales too.

Been a while since I looked at your Flickr photostream, got to say it's nothing short of stunning (y). I like your 'moody' film processing on some of you recent photos from Wales too.

Thanks Toby, all was going great until I fell over and broke my ankle.........its definitely brought a halt to excursions to Wales (for the time being)

Thanks Toby, all was going great until I fell over and broke my ankle.........its definitely brought a halt to excursions to Wales (for the time being)
Oh dear that's not good, wishing you a speedy recovery (y)

More importantly, was the camera gear alright ;) :p

Oh dear that's not good, wishing you a speedy recovery (y)

More importantly, was the camera gear alright ;) :p

Toby, thanks I'm on the mend, I had the X100F in my hand (wrist strap), the lens hood took a bit of a beating, its compressed as well as dented, and the exposure compensation dial has some extra markings. But the the little X100F still works fine.

SJwN4uvh.jpg

Toby, thanks I'm on the mend, I had the X100F in my hand (wrist strap), the lens hood took a bit of a beating, its compressed as well as dented, and the exposure compensation dial has some extra markings. But the the little X100F still works fine.

SJwN4uvh.jpg
Hope you recover quickly.

Hope you get well soon...... your X100F needs replacing with the new X100V at some point ;) hehe

Hope you get well soon...... your X100F needs replacing with the new X100V at some point ;) hehe

Its on the cards, there is a plan, not sure if its a replacement of an addition to my little X100 family........only time will tell. And thanks for the good wishes, out of plaster in 3 weeks, then I can start to put weight back on it.

Its on the cards, there is a plan, not sure if its a replacement of an addition to my little X100 family........only time will tell. And thanks for the good wishes, out of plaster in 3 weeks, then I can start to put weight back on it.
The excitement is already bubbling..... :D The really do look and feel great.

The 16-80 is constant aperture and has a short min focus distance, so as sh likes doing a bit of macro, I thought it would be ideal.

I’ve got a spare bag, cards & a flash unit so I don’t really need anything else to go with it. Mind you, I’d love to get my hands on another 16 f1.4, I miss that lens.

18-135 imo Steve, very underrated

Cheers for the heads up, it’s on its way to me
The Fujinon 90mm f2.0 is one excellent lens... so is the 56mm f1.2.
The new 50mm f1.0 is going to be a serious bit of glass, especially if they get it working with phase detect and improve the AF to better the 56mm f1.2 :D

Back