The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm new to the world of Fuji's.
I have an X100s, found it a bit limited for what I wanted so it was joined by an X-T20 with the 18-55 2.8 lens.
This is perfect.
It fits in a small bag on the handlebars of my cycle and like the actress said to the bishop ... it's easy to whip out when needed.
This is St Paul's Cathedral early one morning.

View attachment 278568

Welcome to the Fuji thread, good to have you around.

George.

thinking of getting a fuji x t1 and using adaptor and some m42 lens is this a good idea ?

Very much so as, although I have a X-H1, I kept my X-T1 when I bought it as the 16Mp sensor of the X-T1 is less demanding of the glass in the older lenses.

Oh well I thought, sod it. Life’s too short, it’s only money etc.

X-H1 ordered. :)

Hopefully it’ll be here by Wednesday so I can get out for a day-long walk somewhere now Boris is removing the exercise cap.

That's a "POSITIVE RESULT" in my book Mate, In my honest opinion they're the finest APSC camera I've ever used from Fuji or any other manufacturer. "ENJOY".

George.

That's a lovely photo - I may be trying to copy your use of space and simplicity when I'm next out..
Thank you Steve. Being of inspiration is the Highest form of credit one can recieve( hmm is that correct worded?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, unusual composition but very striking, works for me very well.

“Welcome aboard the Fuji (mad house) thread Soeren, its good to have you around”

George.
Thank you for the kind Words George

After a lot of deliberation and general farting about! I've gone and pressed the button on a silver X-T4. Now I need to spend the same amount of time deciding what to do about my X-T3 grrr. Once the X-T4 is in hand and I've played with it I will offer my opinion this thread to help others.

X-H1 just arrived. Have other stuff to do, so won‘t have a proper play until later. Feels ok to handle and balances the 16-55 quite nicely. Shutter sound is sweet!

A quick question. The rear command dial has a slight spring to it. The front has it as well to a lesser degree. Obviously you push them and they click but both feel a little spongey (for want of a better word) when turning.

X-H1 just arrived. Have other stuff to do, so won‘t have a proper play until later. Feels ok to handle and balances the 16-55 quite nicely. Shutter sound is sweet!

A quick question. The rear command dial has a slight spring to it. The front has it as well to a lesser degree. Obviously you push them and they click but both feel a little spongey (for want of a better word) when turning.

Just checked mine, and I think it`s the same as yours. Most likely it`s the build, up from the XT`s

Sounds similar to what I think. I find the front one is slightly angled to the right and is easier and more consistent with the finger. The rear one doesn't feel quite so positive in use - whch I think is down to the angle of it relative to my thumb - and in one direction I tend to find I don't get good purchase on it to overcome resistance for the first click as it turns.

That’s exactly how my X-H1s feel Jason, so I’m a guessin’ that’s just about right. “Enjoy”

George.

Is that Y Garn? Lovely view. Was going to ask about your earlier photo of the slate fence if you were in N Wales, then saw the photo title :)
It's Moel Eilio, from across Llyn Padarn, but too high to have any lake in frame.
Yeah, I'm lucky enough to live close by. The slate fence, ffens crawiau, is at Mynydd Llandegai.

I’ve put a price check in the appropriate section of the forum if anyone can advise? I’ve also heard from MPB and Wex but need the forums thoughts on a price if I sell privately. Of course if I sell at all!

Just a simple close up style Fujigraph taken in my home studio of a stem from a Bleeding Heart plant taken from my garden. Shot taken using a 105mm Macro Lens with lighting provided by three Studio Flash Heads each with a largish Soft box fitted and against a Black Paper background.

X-H1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/125th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Studio Flash.
My Bleeding Heart-0

Cracking capture I dont think i will bother to post my bleeding hearts :(
3409 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Well it's been strange day in one way and another 11am I had a covid 19 test,and just after arriving home I received a parcel with a Fujifilm S3pro body yes I know it's over a decade old 2004 if memory serves me right.
Nostalgia got the better of me and although I have a fairly comprehensive Fuji X, Nikon F and Olympus systems.
Truth is I'm spending to much time alone and missing my dog who passed away in February.
And looking back on old times :oops: :$ hence the purchase.
So 20years on from my first Dslr, It got to see the light of day!
my Fujifilm S1pro with my trusty 105mm micro nikon came out.
So here is the result S.O.O.C. no P.P.
iso 320
Shutter 1/125th sec
aperture f38.1
Nikon SB21 macro flash with SB14 power/controller.

Two Decades Old Camera Fuji S1pro Body with 105mm macro by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Last edited:

Thank you kindly Phil, , I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

Last edited:
Just checked mine, and I think it`s the same as yours. Most likely it`s the build, up from the XT`s
Sounds similar to what I think. I find the front one is slightly angled to the right and is easier and more consistent with the finger. The rear one doesn't feel quite so positive in use - whch I think is down to the angle of it relative to my thumb - and in one direction I tend to find I don't get good purchase on it to overcome resistance for the first click as it turns.
That’s exactly how my X-H1s feel Jason, so I’m a guessin’ that’s just about right. “Enjoy”

George.

Cheers chaps. New gear paranoia probably on my part.

Took the dog for a run around the local sports field this evening so, to test stuff out, I took my camera bag with me, loaded up with the XH1 and all the stuff I’d take with me on a day out making photos. The size and weight increase wasn’t an issue. My Fuji kit is way, way lighter than the Nikon brick I used to cart around. The few ounces increase with the XH1 over the XT2 is not even noticeable.

Followed the rules and took a few pics of the dog. New camera means pet photos. :)

Camera was nice to use. I like the shutter release and the grip feels nice - seems to be made for the 16-55. There’s one catch for me though, maybe one I’ll ‘grow out of’ if I keep the XH1. It doesn’t really ‘feel’ like a Fuji camera to me. The lack of the EC dial is something that is bothering me more than I thought it would. Dunno, I’m probably just being daft and over thinking things plus, IBIS is the big selling point for me and I think that will outweigh all the nitpicking. An XT4 would be the obvious answer but as an amateur snapper my days of spending a grand and a half on a camera are long gone. Simply cannot justify it.

I’ll take the camera for a nice long riverside walk tomorrow and see how things go. For now, time to read the manual.

Back