The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I honestly don't believe I've been messing about taking snaps of Telegraph Poles, but there you go strange things happen. As it happens though I quite like the snap.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of the top of a Telegraph Pole that I've juggled about with a bit in PP to give a kinda high contrast graphic presentation.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/500th @ F6.4, ISO-200, Hendheld.

Telegraph Pole Top-03415
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Very nice, a lovely example of Miksang :)

I know I've been looking :). So which are you getting with or without the grip?

If you go for the gripped one, you could always sell the grip for £100 and get 2 free batteries for the same price as the non gripped one (y)

Very nice, a lovely example of Miksang :)

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

16-55mm F/2.8 on it's way from MPB this morning - did a trade in! #excited!

Well it came - very nice lens - used it twice - off back to MPB for a refund. The lens is reporting the apeture to the camera from 1/3 to 1/2 a stop out, and not consistently.

They said refund as they have none in stock - but today they have one - so hoping a phone call in the morning will make that mine!

Well it came - very nice lens - used it twice - off back to MPB for a refund. The lens is reporting the apeture to the camera from 1/3 to 1/2 a stop out, and not consistently.

They said refund as they have none in stock - but today they have one - so hoping a phone call in the morning will make that mine!
That's a shame, I am looking to try one of those, but aren't sure if it is that much better than the 18-55... I guess there's only one way to find out!

That's a shame, I am looking to try one of those, but aren't sure if it is that much better than the 18-55... I guess there's only one way to find out!
Shot with both and the 16-55 is better but it depends on what your shooting. If you going to shoot a lot of landscapes at f8 ish I think you will struggle to tell the difference.
Advantage of the 16 -55 its 2mm wider if you need it, better at f2.8 at the long end. and its weather sealed but its heavy compared to the 18-55 and the 18-55 does have IS

One from the mighty X-E1 converted to IR.

Ghost Rider by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Great image. (y)

I found my old IR Canon 350d in the loft a few weeks back. Thought I’d got rid of it. Charged it up and it still works, even has some images on the card. Trouble is, I’ve not got any Canon lenses anymore. Might get a cheap kit lens and have a play as IR photography is great fun in the summer and helps with the long daylight hours and sunshine.

Seems as if, after a bit of research, my Fuji lens can be prone to hotspots. Pity as I could convert my XE1.

I honestly don't believe I've been messing about taking snaps of Telegraph Poles, but there you go strange things happen. As it happens though I quite like the snap.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of the top of a Telegraph Pole that I've juggled about with a bit in PP to give a kinda high contrast graphic presentation.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/500th @ F6.4, ISO-200, Hendheld.

Telegraph Pole Top-03415
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Works for me George. Nice light and dark and simplicity.

Works for me George. Nice light and dark and simplicity.

Thank you kindly Jason, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

Apollo Slant MTB arrived this morning, just finished putting it together. So tomorrow can be my first ride for over 10+ yrs, and when I do go out on it now the X100V can always be with me :banana:
You could sell me your 90 F2 to cover it :D

Question about the EVF on my X-Pro 2.

If I leave the Brightness setting on Auto it seems to be awfully dim - particularly when compared with the rear LCD. I know the two are not strictly comparable but it's even more noticeable when I use the OVF so I've upped the Brightness setting by 2.

Anyone else have experience of this or is it just my eyesight failing?

The XP1 and 56 is an awesome combination, I think I'll try that myself over the weekend if I get a chance.
Cheers Rick, yes the XP1/56 combo is totally magnificent to be honest..!! Loving it.

Again, it's the X-Pro1's sensor that gives utterly beautiful rendition and a vivid painterly effects - for me that's sublime.

Regards;
mac

Back