The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just put in an order for a GoPro7 Black, so need to think either a helmet or handlebar mount :thinking:
Get both Dave, they are pennies. I've got a couple of Gopro's and they are a great little camera.

Just put in an order for a GoPro7 Black, so need to think either a helmet or handlebar mount :thinking:

I've got mounts on my dash, front & rear bumpers, plus I have the big suction cup mount as well. Haven't used the GP in a while though...

I've got mounts on my dash, front & rear bumpers, plus I have the big suction cup mount as well. Haven't used the GP in a while though...

Obviously the Gopro will be for safety and cover any mishaps, but also when I start to get up on the South Downs here and Devils Dyke.

You do realise that having a camera doesnt make you safer, you are still likely to get splattered by some tit in a car or van. All it does is give you a chance to capture the moment on film although by the time a licence plate would be in frame you are likely to be already spread across the road or in a ditch.

You do realise that having a camera doesnt make you safer, you are still likely to get splattered by some tit in a car or van. All it does is give you a chance to capture the moment on film although by the time a licence plate would be in frame you are likely to be already spread across the road or in a ditch.

Not safer but peace of mind really (y)

Quick shot of Susie with the X-T4, this is one lovely camera to use.

Testing Susie by Dave, on Flickr

Another lovely photo of her. With all the extra modelling work she will be doing now that you have your new T-4, on which congratulations, I do hope she will receive the additional fees she deserves.:D:exit:

I love it ,everything about it is just so smooth,so glad i bought it & loving the 50-140:giggle:

Yep i got a shutter release & it is such a lovely sound.:banana:

Just a quick heads up for anyone wanting C1 pro
I just got an email with a nice discount, so seemed silly not to upgrade :)
Here`s the code Coupon Code: FHOLGJOOW for 45% off (y)
Well, as it happens, the code did come in handy after all. I decided to buy the styles package from them and saved the 45% on that. :)

Hi Guys

I have been pricing up a purchase between the Sony a6400 and the X-T30 ( I like to X-T4, but it is a little too big, I want compact. What is a good XF zoom to pair with it, therte is the 18-55, but there is also a 16-80, Im looking for quality glass and I believe the XF is the way to go?

Hi Guys

I have been pricing up a purchase between the Sony a6400 and the X-T30 ( I like to X-T4, but it is a little too big, I want compact. What is a good XF zoom to pair with it, therte is the 18-55, but there is also a 16-80, Im looking for quality glass and I believe the XF is the way to go?
The 18-55 is great value for money. Depends on the range you need really. You can get the 18-55 for next to nothing if bought with the kit. I’d try that first and see how you go.

1. Hi Guys

The image quality between the xc and xf lenses is very similar, in some it is identical. However the quality of the build is different. With xc lenses using far more plastic. And have smaller maximum apertures.

The X T30 has the identical sensor as the XT3 but has fewer bells and whistles.
Where you rarely use a focal length, it can be cost effective to get the xc version.

The image quality between the xc and xf lenses is very similar, in some it is identical. However the quality of the build is different. With xc lenses using far more plastic. And have smaller maximum apertures.
Where you rarely use a focal length, it can be cost effective to get the xc version.

That is good to know, will have another look at lenses then, give me something to do other than watch countless a6400 vs X-T30 videos :)
Sony makes more sense for me as I have a r7ii, but their apsc lens selections are a bit lacking and Im very tempted by the the fact that Fuji offer native 50-140 and the 100-400 looks good as well. On Sony, I would have to use the FF equivalents which sort of makes the idea of a compact system not quite so compact.
Having said that, I think Sony have their summer sale on soon so I will have to see what deals there are

Last edited:
You know you want the X-T4 (y)
I'll be interested to hear some real life comparisons of the autofocus of the T4 compared to the T3, especially the face/eye recognition in continuous mode.

I'll be interested to hear some real life comparisons of the autofocus of the T4 compared to the T3, especially the face/eye recognition in continuous mode.

The only worry with the T4 is, just hope you don`t have a finger that twitchers as you will take tons of photos before you stop.

Nice shot @trevorbray
I’m also still on the fence about the V

Thanks Alan.

V lust is strong...but my old original is still capable. Keep telling myself it’s all about the subject.
I’m not usually so indecisive..

Back