The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

And one more, a timeless Summertime view in the Yorkshire Dales, taken on an X-T3 with a Fujifilm 16-80mm, loving the sharpness of this lens.

Timeless Summertime Dales at Selside
by Inspiring Images, on Flickr

After living in the West Country for almost a year now, that could quite easily be a village Dorset, Wiltshire or Somerset. Lovely image that.

(And don't forget that although the old Hovis advert was made to sound like it was "up North", it was shot on Gold Hill, in Shaftesbury, Dorset.)

Any pointers on 3rd party batteries for an X-T3?

Cheers,

Simon.

Any advice or pointers on batteries please? I have two OEM batteries for my X-T3 but am looking to get (at least) a third for when I'm using the battery grip with the camera.

Have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the 40-150mm f2.8. The photo below has little artistic merit and was taken as a test shot, but I certainly like the result.

X-T3 + 40-150mm test by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

Cheers,

Simon.

Any advice or pointers on batteries please? I have two OEM batteries for my X-T3 but am looking to get (at least) a third for when I'm using the battery grip with the camera.
I had the Hähnel the HL- F126S Fujifilm . Worked very well and didn’t give the annoying message that that weren’t Fuji’s own. I now use them in my X-H1

Last edited:

Have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the 40-150mm f2.8. The photo below has little artistic merit and was taken as a test shot, but I certainly like the result.

X-T3 + 40-150mm test by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

Cheers,

Simon.

I’ve used the Hahnel batteries. Bought a twin pack from WEX. Camera accepted them no problem. Seemed to last as long.

I had the Hähnel the HL- F126S Fujifilm . Worked very well and didn’t give the annoying message that that weren’t Fuji’s own. I now use them in my X-H1

I’ve used the Hahnel batteries. Bought a twin pack from WEX. Camera accepted them no problem. Seemed to last as long.

Thanks Leroy and Trevor :). I shall go check them out.

Cheers,

Simon.

Did a 16 mile round hike in wellies to photograph the trees in the mist yesterday.
It was lovely when I set off but had cleared when I got to the old oak trees:mad:
There's a mini waterfall running straight through the trees.

One thing it taught me, walk much, much more quickly!
I don't do running.

The mossy oak woodland is over the stile.
First is a jpeg sooc on the wide lens on the V:love:
second is on the wide lens

It absolutely pelted with rain and the camera held up perfectly fine. It wasn't a shower, it rained, proper rain. The roads were flooding.

Last edited:
Finally ordered the 1.2x TC,just hope for the best. :)

This weeks Amateur Photographer - Buying Used X100F - includes some words and two images from me!!

Jt310IOh.jpg

Well at least they went to somebody with experience!! How many X100's have you had???

Only 2 and I still have them both - an original X100 and X100F

maybe they should have gone to @SsSsSsSsSnake he has more buying and selling experience of X100's but @Barrysprout must run him a close second!

Last edited:
Been looking into the New Topographic Movement and photographers such as Stephen Shore, Robert Adams and William Eggleston, Basically, this genre can be described as photographs of a man-altered landscape. To some the images are bland and boring, but I find them fascinating.

So I have started looking around my neighborhood to 'document' it in this style with my trusty V of course (although I have snapped a few with my iPhone as well sssshh)

Urban Dump
by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr

Last edited:
Been looking into the New Topographic Movement and photographers such as Stephen Shore, Robert Adams and William Eggleston, Basically, this genre can be described as photographs of a man-altered landscape. To some the images are bland and boring, but I find them fascinating.

So I have started looking around my neighborhood to 'document' it in this style with my trusty V of course (although I have snapped a few with my iPhone as well sssshh)

Urban Dump by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr

I too am a fan of this genre, but I like to try an isolate key structures in the images, rather than just a general view. For me colour is important in this genre, and the portra400-esque nature of a lot of the images is important as well.

Out of interest are using Lightroom or similar of just taking the out of camera JPGs, if the former then could I suggest some vertical correction might not go amiss - I am very conscious of this and try and shoot with some spare real-estate around the image, or if the latter, if you hold the camera level, rather than upwards the verticals will be straight!

Loving the brutalist car park :)

Last edited:
I too am a fan of this genre, but I like to try an isolate key structures in the images, rather than just a general view. For me colour is important in this genre, and the portra400-esque nature of a lot of the images is important as well.

Out of interest are using Lightroom or similar of just taking the out of camera JPGs, if the former then could I suggest some vertical correction might not go amiss - I am very concise of this and try and shoot with some spare real-estate around the image, or if the latter, if you hold the camera level, rather than upwards the verticals will be straight!

Loving the brutalist car park :)

Interesting, thanks for your comments. I particularly liked your yellow set the other day.

I am still trying to soak up all the nuances between the different photographers who were instrumental in documenting America in the 70s and this was probably more of a snap than a considered shot, but will keep that in mind when I go out again.

Agree, colour is a big thing as it was little used for landscapes or in print before these guys came along. I need to play around with the film sims and recipes for the X100 to find something that works - thanks, I will look into portra400.

Good tips on the correction - I am using LR Classic and can't seem to find the 23mm on the X100V (or any other fuji lens for that matter) in the Lens Corrections profile selection. I'll need to do some research and watch some tutorials!

Thanks again, really helpful.

EDIT: I'm shooting JPG rather than RAW perhaps that's why I can’t see the profile for the fuji?
EDIT2; This is a useful article on the transform module in develop toolbox https://fujilove.com/keeping-your-verticals-vertical/

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks for your comments. I particularly liked your yellow set the other day.

I am still trying to soak up all the nuances between the different photographers who were instrumental in documenting America in the 70s and this was probably more of a snap than a considered shot, but will keep that in mind when I go out again.

Agree, colour is a big thing as it was little used for landscapes or in print before these guys came along. I need to play around with the film sims and recipes for the X100 to find something that works - thanks, I will look into portra400.

Good tips on the correction - I am using LR Classic and can't seem to find the 23mm on the X100V (or any other fuji lens for that matter) in the Lens Corrections profile selection. I'll need to do some research and watch some tutorials!

Thanks again, really helpful.

EDIT: I'm shooting JPG rather than RAW perhaps that's why I can;t see the profile for the fuji?

Fujifilm Lens Profiles are automatically applied by Lightroom

Portra400 is a Kodak film, and I use the Mastin Labs Preset as a basis, I did a lot of research into various presets and this IMO is by far and away the best (and naturally the most expensive!), but it really had film like properties, like pushing the exposure does a lot of clever things before ultimately over-exposing

Have a look at these guys on Youtube/Instagram as well

Kyle McDougall - now moved to Reading,UK !!
Willem Verbeeck (oh to be 20 again!!)
Joe Greer
Corey Wolfenbarger
Arnaud Montagard
Matt Day
Tom Westbury*
Ian Howorth*
Marc Wilson*

* UK based

Oh and shoot RAW, you will get a lot more out of the shadows

Love a brutallist Car Park

Mount Pleasant Car Park
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Did a 16 mile round hike in wellies to photograph the trees in the mist yesterday.
It was lovely when I set off but had cleared when I got to the old oak trees:mad:
There's a mini waterfall running straight through the trees.

One thing it taught me, walk much, much more quickly!
I don't do running.

The mossy oak woodland is over the stile.
First is a jpeg sooc on the wide lens on the V:love:
second is on the wide lens

It absolutely pelted with rain and the camera held up perfectly fine. It wasn't a shower, it rained, proper rain. The roads were flooding.

Two very nice woodland Fujigraphs, liking both of these with #1 being my fav'.

George.

Last edited:
Two very nice woodland shots, liking both of these with #1 being my fav'.

George.
Thanks George.

Just record shots so I can remember where to go when the conditions are right. It was too dark in the woodland with no mist, the sky was black overhead. I would've liked a better angle on the stile but I was in the trees (you can see the branches poking in from the corners) and couldn't get any wider.

The healing tree just fascinated me, especially with the lichen type growth.

It'll be a lovely spot in fog, don't think it will get any sunlight.

Back