The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Stunning stuff Donna, I keep meaning to get down to Corfe. Where did you shoot it from? (this months club challenge is ruins....)

As you drive into Corfe, it is on the hill on the right before the castle. Car parking under the castle - dam steep climb (especially in the dark)!

"IT MADE EXPLORE" :):)

I've not posted on this thread for a little while as I had an itch to scratch with Sony, but sorry to disappoint you all but you'll have to put up with me for a bit longer. So what better way to kick off again other than with a snap that made Explore (Wed' or Thur' last week).

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of some folk enjoying a Punting trip on the river.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/125th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Punting Down The River-03462 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
That,s fantastic,well done George. :banana:

Had a week in The Lakes last week. Not really a trip for taking piccies, more a walking/climbing holiday for me, the wife and our dog, but did get a bit of camera time. Raining on the day we arrived and then blue skies and baking heat for the rest of the week. Sweated buckets going up Scafell Pike.

Had a lovely evening watching the sunset over Buttermere. A few other nice people to chat with while there - some wild campers including a lady who carried her dog to the summit (my dog doesn’t get off so lightly) and a vlogger who kindly let me have a mess around with his drone. (Want one!)

Sundown Over Buttermere
by Jason, on Flickr

Had a week in The Lakes last week. Not really a trip for taking piccies, more a walking/climbing holiday for me, the wife and our dog, but did get a bit of camera time. Raining on the day we arrived and then blue skies and baking heat for the rest of the week. Sweated buckets going up Scafell Pike.

Had a lovely evening watching the sunset over Buttermere. A few other nice people to chat with while there - some wild campers including a lady who carried her dog to the summit (my dog doesn’t get off so lightly) and a vlogger who kindly let me have a mess around with his drone. (Want one!)

Sundown Over Buttermere
by Jason, on Flickr
Cracking photo and sounds like you had a good time in general. Always fancied a drone myself - maybe one day!

Sundown Over Buttermere
by Jason, on Flickr
Awesome photo and scenery, ahh so jealous as I have this week off and we were planning on the Lake District (via Manchester to drop my daughter off at uni), but decided against it

"IT MADE EXPLORE" :):)

I've not posted on this thread for a little while as I had an itch to scratch with Sony, but sorry to disappoint you all but you'll have to put up with me for a bit longer. So what better way to kick off again other than with a snap that made Explore (Wed' or Thur' last week).

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at London UK of some folk enjoying a Punting trip on the river.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/125th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Punting Down The River-03462 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Well done George, nice shot.

Sundown Over Buttermere
by Jason, on Flickr

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph Jason, really liking the tones & atmosphere of this one.

George.

Cheers David.

Graham, you cannot rotate the slots independently, they all move together, so you cannot position the Grad at a different position to the polariser.

I question the use of Grads anyway, but that's a separate discussion, what I have found though, is that a 3 image bracket can be accomplished handheld quite easily, especially if you have a soft release.

Who has the Nisi filter kit for the X100?
A quick question the polariser is a square one I believe so does that mean it makes it harder to use with the nd grad filter?
It's less hassle to get a screw on polariser and bracket.

I looked at the kit but the non rotating polariser put me off. It sort of defeats the object when the grads rotate too.

Graham, you cannot rotate the slots independently, they all move together, so you cannot position the Grad at a different position to the polariser.

I question the use of Grads anyway, but that's a separate discussion, what I have found though, is that a 3 image bracket can be accomplished handheld quite easily, especially if you have a soft release.
Thanks David I stopped using grads a while back but if you can't use both at the same time I was wondering if there is any benefit to the Nisi kit compared to a screw in polariser and nd filter.

Was typing a reply to David along those lines while you posted you reply.
I stopped using grads ages ago but sort of fancied that little kit to have a play around with it. Shame it doesn't work out as they intended. You could screw the kit onto a screw in polariser and then just rotate the grad but I just stuck to the screw in polariser and bracketing. Bought a couple of screw in nd filters too so the kit is even less to me now.

Their screw on uv filter looks good though.

Last edited:
I stopped using grads ages ago but sort of fancied that little kit to have a play around with it. Shame it doesn't work out as they intended. You could screw the kit onto a screw in polariser and then just rotate the grad but I just stuck to the screw in polariser and bracketing. Bought a couple of screw in nd filters too so the kit is even less to me now.

Their screw on uv filter looks good though.
The kit looks like a neat idea but like you I think I stick to the screw in jobs. I've got a JJC filter ring with a gobe filter for the weather sealing.

Last edited:
The kit looks like a neat idea but like you I think I stick to the screw in jobs. I've got a JJC filter ring with a gobe filter for the weather sealing.

Me being me, I have the NISI kit and a set of 49mm NDs, 49mm Polariser and 49mm Clear filter. Big advantage of the 49mm filters is that will work on the WCL as well (and on my future Q2 :ROFLMAO: ) but the NISI kit is quite neat, I'm keen to try out the natural light filter at night, but have not yet had the opportunity.

If you are desperate for a Grad, Hoya do a rotating circular one, you can move it like a polariser but the grad is always ay the 50% mark. I have one at 58mm (currently for sale on eBay!!) but they don't do a 49mm version, so you would have to step up to it.

Me being me, I have the NISI kit and a set of 49mm NDs, 49mm Polariser and 49mm Clear filter. Big advantage of the 49mm filters is that will work on the WCL as well (and on my future Q2 [emoji23] ) but the NISI kit is quite neat, I'm keen to try out the natural light filter at night, but have not yet had the opportunity.

If you are desperate for a Grad, Hoya do a rotating circular one, you can move it like a polariser but the grad is always ay the 50% mark. I have one at 58mm (currently for sale on eBay!!) but they don't do a 49mm version, so you would have to step up to it.
Lol no I'm not desperate for a grad to be honest I'm happy bracketing just quite fancied the Nisi kit and if I got one I might well use the grad occasionally but for me the fact you got to rotate all the slots to work the polariser is a downer. Probaly just stock to my circular one I have. Although be intrested in how well the night filter works when you get the chance to use it.
When does the Q2 arrive?

When does the Q2 arrive?

a) I need more schekels in the piggy bank - you could obviously help here bu buying some (all) of the lens I have for sale :ROFLMAO:
b) They are currently on back order

So in answer to your question, I don't know when, might be this year, might be next!! Just bought a scanner so I can scan those lovely GSW690III negs myself.

At least that gives you time to accidental damage cover in place for it, hopefully they don't ask for too much history from you or it will cost a fortune!

Never claimed, though I suppose I could have done, I quite like my battle scarred X100F, I've even cleaned all the mud out from under the soft release. Know someone who had a significant Quad bike accident while wearing a Leica Q around his neck, the Leica is very very battered, but apparently still works, so there is hope for me yet :)

Never claimed, though I suppose I could have done, I quite like my battle scarred X100F, I've even cleaned all the mud out from under the soft release. Know someone who had a significant Quad bike accident while wearing a Leica Q around his neck, the Leica is very very battered, but apparently still works, so there is hope for me yet :)

Are coversion lenses available for the Q? Seem to remember you like to drop them too :D

I love that story.

Fishing boats on the beach at Beer, East Devon. X-Pro2; XF 16-55 @16mm; ISO 100; f11; 30' exposure

a) I need more schekels in the piggy bank - you could obviously help here bu buying some (all) of the lens I have for sale :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 2months ago I probably would have done but since you made such a good job of convicining me and proving correct that a X100V and the converters would do 95% of my shooting needs I am now selling lenses instead of buying them. :ROFLMAO:

Cracking photo and sounds like you had a good time in general. Always fancied a drone myself - maybe one day!
Awesome photo and scenery, ahh so jealous as I have this week off and we were planning on the Lake District (via Manchester to drop my daughter off at uni), but decided against it
Very nice landscape style Fujigraph Jason, really liking the tones & atmosphere of this one.

George.

Thanks all. :)

Back