The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Love this! I did a Zoom meeting yesterday and I was sitting in the Millennium Falcon with Chewbacca, but it would be great to add your own photos.

Haha that's cool :) Thanks, Donna.
The only issue I have with that is disappearing into the bg unless you stay super still ;)

Yep. Every time I use mine I wonder why I’ve got anything else.

Trevor, it get worse, this is at ISO640, can't believe how sharp and clean it is

Vespa Alpha
, Piaggio Museum by David Yeoman, on Flickr

This is the raw file and here are the Adobe adjustments I applied - oh dear back to the drawing board - can't believe how good the colours are from this sensor

9zlCs8fh.jpg

Last edited:
Trevor, it get worse, this is at ISO640, can't believe how sharp and clean it is

Vespa Alpha
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

This is the raw file and here are the Adobe adjustments I applied - oh dear back to the drawing board - can't believe how good the colours are from this sensor

9zlCs8fh.jpg

Fab. I really don’t need convincing David. There was a time I had two. One with WCL fitted. No problem to take both out together. Never ever wished I’d bought something else along.
It’s definitely never ever leaving my clutches.

Fab. I really don’t need convincing David. There was a time I had two. One with WCL fitted. No problem to take both out together. Never ever wished I’d bought something else along.
It’s definitely never ever leaving my clutches.

I love my X100F for its AF speed (relative), the joystick, the shadow recovery, the overall handling, its a lovely package, but I've got to say I think I love the colours out of the original X100 more

No can do, would miss the X100F for its portability, and I need the X-H1 + lenses for a couple of projects - and the film cameras would be hard to part with....... and even selling the lot I still would be short......

Maybe I don't want you to sell everything. Maybe I just wanted one of your film cameras :p haha. For all the character, quirks and different images each camera can produce, I'd much rather have the bundle you have than a GFX :)

I love my X100F for its AF speed (relative), the joystick, the shadow recovery, the overall handling, its a lovely package, but I've got to say I think I love the colours out of the original X100 more

Damn this Bayertalk. It’s making me look atX-T200

Yep. Thought about that as well. Need to get my man maths calculator working..

If you are considering a 50 then I would wait, until the 100S's start being delivered, I think there will be quite a few s/h ones around and the price will (hopefully) reflect that - but if you consider a 100S there is a trade in bonus on any FF camera plus free battery and charger promotion at the moment.

I can talk myself into the camera quite easily but its the initial (and possibly only) lens selection that I have difficulty with - the 32-64 is quite big and not super fast, the primes look great but 2-3 of them and it gets ££££, the 45-100 is another option and there is rumoured a 20-34 coming.

Also there is supposed to be a Sigma announcement today, and is today the day they launch X-mount lenses...................

Too much tech to consider....back to the X100 :)

If you are considering a 50 then I would wait, until the 100S's start being delivered, I think there will be quite a few s/h ones around and the price will (hopefully) reflect that - but if you consider a 100S there is a trade in bonus on any FF camera plus free battery and charger promotion at the moment.

I can talk myself into the camera quite easily but its the initial (and possibly only) lens selection that I have difficulty with - the 32-64 is quite big and not super fast, the primes look great but 2-3 of them and it gets ££££, the 45-100 is another option and there is rumoured a 20-34 coming.

Also there is supposed to be a Sigma announcement today, and is today the day they launch X-mount lenses...................

Just get one of each model and never have GAS again ;)

There's still a GFX 50R in the Classifieds..

Until the next model is released.........................

Exactly why camera companies should allow you to take out a payment plan where you pay £100 a month and every year you can get the latest and greatest releases when you trade in your old model :)

Purely out of interest can somebody age my Fuji 16-55mm lens - Serial No. 95A00*** - if 9 is the year 2009, 2019?? Thanks

Purely out of interest can somebody age my Fuji 16-55mm lens - Serial No. 95A00*** - if 9 is the year 2009, 2019?? Thanks

I can't answer your question but I can tell you the 16-55 wasn't out until 2015 or 2016 so it's not 2009 ;)

Reactions: Doc
If memory serve me right
First number is year 1 = 2011 2 =2012 etc
Second number and letter is the quarter of the year.
1 , 5 ,A first quarter
2 , 6 B second quarter etc
So 95 would be 2019 first quarter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc
Not sure how many of you use the Adobe Photography Plan - but I have just managed to get two months free. How and why?

Now that I'm camera less I thought spending £9.98 a month for photographic software was abit excessive. So I went online to my Adobe account, hit cancel plan and they told me it would cost £19.96 early cancellation fee (because my annual subscription expires mid-July).

Then it asked for the reason I wanted to cancel so I selected 'too expensive' and on the next screen I was presented with an offer of the next 2 months (or 60 days) for free.

So I accepted the offer and sure enough my account has been updated to show next billing date as mid-May - presumably because they have just taken mid-Feb til mid-March last week.

Might help people struggling with money or maybe just to seemingly get something for nowt.

I will try to cancel again mid-May and see what happens! Meanwhile I will be researching freebie image editing software.

Bye for now.

So I accepted the offer and sure enough my account has been updated to show next billing date as mid-May - presumably because they have just taken mid-Feb til mid-March last week.

I will try to cancel again mid-May and see what happens! Meanwhile I will be researching freebie image editing software.

The thing to watch for is if they extend your annual contract date.

Last time I did this it was a few years back and much closer to the renewal date - the commitment was implicitly extended for a year - so yes two months free - but a commitment for another year.

And as you have also discovered - if you cancel before the end of the annual commitment you have to pay half the outstanding fees.

So go carefully.

I've hardly touched my camera this year but this one is from the first camera club outing of the year. X-T3 and 18-55mm.
I've lost the highlights a bit but pleased with the details in the shadows and the textures in the water.

5 Snapper's Choice - Firefighters
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back