The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I did my original merchant navy fir fighting course at the Speke Airport one in the mid 70’s, brilliant, never forgot what I learned there. Did my first refresher since, about 18 months ago. It still gets hot

Yes, I'm sure it does - we could feel the heat from quite a distance away. I think the fire crew got a kick out of seeing how in awe we all were :)

Quick one; has anyone ever had issues with what appear to be dead pixels on the XH1 sensor?
I thought they might be hot-pixels but they tend to appear potentially on long exposures which isn't what I was doing!

Was shooting some product shots of a lava-lamp last night and in the dark/black portions there are a fair number of pure white pixels visible which is annoying!

Quick one; has anyone ever had issues with what appear to be dead pixels on the XH1 sensor?
I thought they might be hot-pixels but they tend to appear potentially on long exposures which isn't what I was doing!

Was shooting some product shots of a lava-lamp last night and in the dark/black portions there are a fair number of pure white pixels visible which is annoying!

I have gotten the odd few white pixels in images here and there, having to clone them out, but thought it was just the scenario rather than the sensor - now you mention it ...

Anyone else have a bit of a wishlist of lenses they'd like Fuji to make? The lens lineup actually looks fantastic these days but there are still a couple I'd love to see,

150-600 type lens - akin to sigma and tamron offerings
50-140 F/4 (a bit like canon and nikon did with their 70-200's, no compromise on IQ but smaller and lighter)
18-35 1.8 (if sigma can do it....)
18mm 1.4 (I believe it's imminent)
Revised 18mm f/2 or another pancake lens in this sort of range.

Last edited:
Anyone else have a bit of a wishlist of lenses they'd like Fuji to make? The lens lineup actually looks fantastic these days but there are still a couple I'd love to see,

50-140 F/4 (a bit like canon and nikon did with their 70-200's, no compromise on IQ but smaller and lighter)
Revised 18mm f/2 or another pancake range in this sort of range.

Fuji X-T5 with 12-500mm f/1 lens permanently attached with unparalleled sharpness over the whole image with no fall-off or pin cushioning.

Too much? :D

Doesn't seem much to ask does it?!

In all seriousness I thinnk a 50-140 f/4 sounds like a sound choice as well as a revised 18mm but if the 1.4 is coming in then I doubt they'll revise them. Revisions of the current 1.4s would be nice as well as it would be some seriously sharp glass, faster and a bit smaller with WR.

Revised 18mm f/2 or another pancake range in this sort of range.
I’d too would like to see a 600mm, I have the 100-400 with the 1.4x extenderI but I do miss the extra reach.
Although I’d like to see it, I doubt if I’d ever be able to own it. I dread to think how much it would cost.

12mm tilt shift lens.

How about a 1-1600mm F1.4 superzoom with reflex elements so it's only two inches long and weighs 200g because it's made of pixie dust. No barrel or pincushion distortion, no detectable chromatic aberration and pin-sharp from zero to infinity. Only £32.50 with free delivery via a golden carriage pulled by unicorns. That'll do me. :):):)o_Oo_Oo_O

Always loved a 2006 Megane!! In all seriousness its great to see you back out with a V again, just don't sell this one, as you'll end up buying a 3rd X100 series camera :D

Must admit I've not shown my X100F much love in the last month, must get back to it!

:ROFLMAO:

Embarrassing to admit but I've had 1xT, 3xFs and this is my 2nd V :rolleyes:

You need to carry a bit of paper saying, I MUST NOT sell my X100V again :D

I am chanting it as I type :ROFLMAO:

Feeling positive - we'll soon be allowed outside without needing to conjure up some excuse, we can venture further than the end of our roads, nights are drawing out and the weather is getting better. All of this lends itself to being motivated to get outside with the camera and snap away.

Been working from home for a whole year now (which has its challenges - was fun to start with but has become quite tiresome) and it feels abit like being released from prison is only a matter of days away.

Last edited:
How about a 1-1600mm F1.4 superzoom with reflex elements so it's only two inches long and weighs 200g because it's made of pixie dust. No barrel or pincushion distortion, no detectable chromatic aberration and pin-sharp from zero to infinity. Only £32.50 with free delivery via a golden carriage pulled by unicorns. That'll do me. :):):)o_Oo_Oo_O

Hmmm. 1mm viewing angle must be close to 180 degrees. I'd have to start buying better shoes!

Back