The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Can anyone help? I have a Samyang macro lens which is MF, I have turned on Focus peaking high red but it doesn't show anything when I'm trying to focus, anyone help?

Try activating by touching shutter release button I find it then activates focus peaking and zooms in for fine tuning
Can anyone help? I have a Samyang macro lens which is MF, I have turned on Focus peaking high red but it doesn't show anything when I'm trying to focus, anyone help?

Try activating by touching shutter release button I find it then activates focus peaking and zooms in for fine tuning
Tried that with no effect, changed it to black and white to see if I could see the focus peaking better but still nothing

I have made the mistake of not having the camera in MF. Have you checked that?
It's working, just not as I expected. On my Sony a7iii it's really vibrant but on the Fuji its really dull and barely visible even set to high

Here's an image I made on Sunday morning on my local beach, I call it 'Flotsam & Jetsam'. I'm quite pleased with how it has come out but i'd like to get the colours to be a bit 'richer' (not sure that's the right explanation to be hinest - I know what I want but can't quite hit on how to explain it). Any cc most welcome

X-Pro2; XF16-55 lens @ 45mm; ISO200; f11; 1/70

Here's an image I made on Sunday morning on my local beach, I call it 'Flotsam & Jetsam'. I'm quite pleased with how it has come out but i'd like to get the colours to be a bit 'richer' (not sure that's the right explanation to be hinest - I know what I want but can't quite hit on how to explain it). Any cc most welcome

X-Pro2; XF16-55 lens @ 45mm; ISO200; f11; 1/70

Jim, my first thought for you to do that is to play around with the "Saturation" & "Vibrance" sliders in whatever PP software you're using. If it's any consolation I thought the colours looked saturated enough on my screen. All down to personal taste though.

Jim, my first thought for you to do that is to play around with the "Saturation" & "Vibrance" sliders in whatever PP software you're using. If it's any consolation I thought the colours looked saturated enough on my screen. All down to personal taste though.
I second the view that the colours look saturated enough (viewing on a 2020 MBP), but to repeat George, it is personal taste...

I second the view that the colours look saturated enough (viewing on a 2020 MBP), but to repeat George, it is personal taste...

Thanks both. I agree that it is saturated enough, as I say I'm finding it hard to explain what I want in terms of it being 'richer'. I tried reducing clarity to soften it, which kind of worked. I think i'll just play around with individual colour sliders and see what I can come up with.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a Shure 55SH Microphone waiting to be used by a street performer.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

Waiting For The Vocalist-03535 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
I knew this would happen - had a perfect opportunity yesterday and would usually have gone to the cupboard to get the camera - had I not have sold it :rolleyes:

So here I am, having frittered the money I got back when I sold the V, and more, on a rusty old Volkswagen, I now can't afford to buy another V.

Fancy a bit of a challenge - what is the cheapest Fuji X I can buy?

Answers on a postcard please (y)

Alan

if you are quick and don't mind a brown body, FujiFilm Refurb have the X100F at £499.

I do not need it, I have a V and a Limited but I suffer from acute GAS and have ordered one.

If I dont like it there is a bob or two to be made selling to some well known buyers.:)

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a Shure 55SH Microphone waiting to be used by a street performer.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/240th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

A good friend of mine took a similar image of his Shure desk mic. He's a fellow Amateur Radio enthusiast, and, as I recall, the Shure was originally his father's (who he recently lost to Covid). They make a wonderful subject for a mono study, and you've done an excellent job on this one.

A good friend of mine took a similar image of his Shure desk mic. He's a fellow Amateur Radio enthusiast, and, as I recall, the Shure was originally his father's (who he recently lost to Covid). They make a wonderful subject for a mono study, and you've done an excellent job on this one.

Thank you Steve, appreciate your reply.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/240th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

Great shot George, one of the jazz singers I know switched to using one of these.

I haven't uploaded much recently, I've been spending some time working in the garden - which is totally new for me.

Last year, while out on a walk, we came across a tree in a garden that was covered in blue blossoms. I did some research, and found out it was a California Lilac tree, so I bought one earlier in the year. It\s still only small, but the colours are wonderful. Just think what this will look like when it gets 2m tall and 2.5m wide! And it's an evergreen too.

T3 and the trusty 25 f1.4

Lilac 1
by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Back