The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

So my 50-230mm arrived today from CeX.

Turns out it's the silver one and not the black that's advertised! I have a thing about different coloured lenses to camera bodies, one of the reasons why some of the Pentax limited lenses I could buy I won't as they're silver and my camera is black and it looks plain wrong in my eyes!

Well, now I have a silver 50-230mm but it's the OIS II model and I paid £185 for it so now I'm wondering if I should just keep it or send it back as yes it'll hurt me everytime I use it as it looks daft but delivered with a 24 month warranty, it's pretty cheap I reckon?

Can anyone who has this lens confirm their zoom is pretty tight also and if you gently shake it that theirs rattles also? Wondering if that's normal as it has a floating element for the OIS? Obviously I don't normally shake lenses but a gentle sway back and forth and there is a rattle.

If it was advertised as black, then send it back, a silver one is not what you ordered so you have the right - I have only ever dealt with CEX in store, not sure what they're like for returns but I know if that were MPB or Wex they'd collect it and replace it with the correct lens, at their expense, as it was their mistake. I'm the same when it comes to silver lenses, not for me, and it would bug me more than having to return it.

If it was advertised as black, then send it back, a silver one is not what you ordered so you have the right - I have only ever dealt with CEX in store, not sure what they're like for returns but I know if that were MPB or Wex they'd collect it and replace it with the correct lens, at their expense, as it was their mistake. I'm the same when it comes to silver lenses, not for me, and it would bug me more than having to return it.

Yup!

And here lies my predicament as when I looked online, a black one was around £230 and I begrudge paying an extra £45 for it to be black!
Returns there are good, pop to any CeX with the receipt for a full refund and there's one in my town.
Black sharpie time :LOL:

Another question!

On the XT20, the Q menu button. I've looked and I can't see it, but I was looking at the customisation options to assigning new shortcuts and I wanted to assign the OIS a button there for quick toggling it on and off.

Looking at the options of what I could change an existing button to I see no option for OIS but there is one for 'SELECT CUSTOM SETTING' but when I assign this, I can't see how to assign a custom setting?

Any help appreciated with this one also!

Another question!

On the XT20, the Q menu button. I've looked and I can't see it, but I was looking at the customisation options to assigning new shortcuts and I wanted to assign the OIS a button there for quick toggling it on and off.

Looking at the options of what I could change an existing button to I see no option for OIS but there is one for 'SELECT CUSTOM SETTING' but when I assign this, I can't see how to assign a custom setting?

Any help appreciated with this one also!
Optical image stabilisation ?

The xt20 doesnt have ibis, and i dont think the body can toggle lens stabilisation on and off

Has anyone changed their XF10-24 f/4 lens for the XF18-55 f/2.8 etc..?

Just curious...

mac

I swap bodies - the 10-24 is on the Pro 1 and the 18-135 is on the X-T1.

Superb Tom, an excellent set of captures there.......love the Taxi's. That XC35 seems great value for money, quality...!

regards;
mac

Thanks a lot. It is great for the money, camera with that lens fits in a big jacket pocket nicely too

Thanks a lot. It is great for the money, camera with that lens fits in a big jacket pocket nicely too

I have that lens too and it's great! I've owned the other 35mm offerings in the past and optically find that the XC stands up very well.

It's been a while since I posted anything on here... My photography's had to take a back seat for a few years and most of what I've had the time to do has been on film rather than digital. I had the opportunity recently to upgrade my camera gear so the X-T2 went and got replaced with the X-T3 and an X-Pro2. It's nice to be back in the saddle again so I thought I'd share a couple of photos taken from my favourite spot here in Aberystwyth a few evenings ago. :)

FXT30433.jpg

FXT30428.jpg

It's been a while since I posted anything on here... My photography's had to take a back seat for a few years and most of what I've had the time to do has been on film rather than digital. I had the opportunity recently to upgrade my camera gear so the X-T2 went and got replaced with the X-T3 and an X-Pro2. It's nice to be back in the saddle again so I thought I'd share a couple of photos taken from my favourite spot here in Aberystwyth a few evenings ago. :)

View attachment 323911

View attachment 323912

Nice one Si
Good to see you back.

Welcome back! Gorgeous images - especially the very atmospheric first.

View attachment 323911

View attachment 323912

Two "Excellent" landscape/seascape Fujigraphs Si, liking both of these very much.

"Good to see you back on board the Fuji thread"

Last edited:
More the Laowa 65mm 2.8, turns out it's not just decent for macro :)

Yawn! by K G, on Flickr

DSCF1427 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF1420 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF1414 by K G, on Flickr

All of these were shot at 2.8, the last one at 1600 ISO - it really is a well rounded lens, and MF is easy
I haven't used it for other than macro work, so this has inspired me to have a go at using it more generally - thanks for sharing!

I took a run out for some fresh air yesterday and drove around Nant-y-moch reservoir... I've photographed the boat on Llyn Nant-y-cagal a few times (the last time being with my Hasselblad) but I wanted to get back up there with the X-Pro2. I'm running a three-prime set-up with that camera and they're all Viltrox ones. (23mm, 33mm and 85mm). :)

View: https://flic.kr/p/2matgDR

View: https://flic.kr/p/2may6Ak

Two very nice Fujigraphs Si, with good composition, spot on exposure and a very nice mono presentation. My particular fav' would be the boat shot.

Got the 10-24 at last!!! Tried it out after an outdoor shoot at a local church.

Why didn't I get one sooner!

1.5BB1F8D4-3248-4604-823E-A8B62E6B843B by Simon Owens, on Flickr

2. 1DC55CD1-56AD-41DD-AC02-4B9FDDF8AB9B by Simon Owens, on Flickr

3. 43AAC0B2-387D-45F1-9647-178BC9EFAAC2 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

4. A82E75A2-0B01-4ED9-BCB7-D8AC373F5FFC by Simon Owens, on Flickr

5. 8A275949-80F5-4BFC-8D81-681A2F97D3B1 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

6. 6E06A326-AF34-4530-98B7-8BFDE43A65A5 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

1.5BB1F8D4-3248-4604-823E-A8B62E6B843B by Simon Owens, on Flickr

2. 1DC55CD1-56AD-41DD-AC02-4B9FDDF8AB9B by Simon Owens, on Flickr

3. 43AAC0B2-387D-45F1-9647-178BC9EFAAC2 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

4. A82E75A2-0B01-4ED9-BCB7-D8AC373F5FFC by Simon Owens, on Flickr

5. 8A275949-80F5-4BFC-8D81-681A2F97D3B1 by Simon Owens, on Flickr

6. 6E06A326-AF34-4530-98B7-8BFDE43A65A5 by Simon Owens, on Flickr
Liking no. 3 a lot, the light is very well balanced

I took a run out for some fresh air yesterday and drove around Nant-y-moch reservoir... I've photographed the boat on Llyn Nant-y-cagal a few times (the last time being with my Hasselblad) but I wanted to get back up there with the X-Pro2. I'm running a three-prime set-up with that camera and they're all Viltrox ones. (23mm, 33mm and 85mm). :)

View: https://flic.kr/p/2matgDR

View: https://flic.kr/p/2may6Ak
Ooh I really like the boat one too. I have the 23mm too, but hardly use it as never really know what to photograph with it! I must try harder (as the teacher always said)

Froze to the bone in my igloo home
Counting the days 'til the ice turns green
You know when heaven and hell collide
There are no in-betweens…

So I've put my X100V package on Gumtree :exit:

I haven't used it for other than macro work, so this has inspired me to have a go at using it more generally - thanks for sharing!
It makes for an excellent portrait lens [I have tried it on humans too :D ] and even for 'close up' work, outside of macro [less than 1:2 magnification I refer to as close up rather than macro] it is really an excellent lens. It's one of the easier manual focus lens I've ever used too - the cat was moving for most of these, he never really sits still but the timing was easy enough to anticipate

I love mine, it's always either on or in the bag. Try some multi frame pano shots in portrait @ 24mm, works a treat.

It makes for an excellent portrait lens [I have tried it on humans too :D ] and even for 'close up' work, outside of macro [less than 1:2 magnification I refer to as close up rather than macro] it is really an excellent lens. It's one of the easier manual focus lens I've ever used too - the cat was moving for most of these, he never really sits still but the timing was easy enough to anticipate
Cheers, Keith - will definitely be giving it a go, starting with our cat.

I annoyingly have the Fuji itch again. I've been disenchanted with my A7r4 until recently when I stuck a Sigma 32 f2 on and realised I don't like heavy lenses and now the Fuji f2s on an X-t4 are looking awfully attractive. :banghead:

Back