The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

To stop itchy finger syndrome apply liberal pushes on Buy it Now button. It really works!

£74 on Amazon and their 30 day returns policy is very good. Is your £65 price from China or UK sourced?

Pricing algorithms change all the time but this link was the one I used.

(remember, 'You don't have to put on the red light'.....just press the buy it now button!).

Morning all. I'm looking for a bit of advice on a half case for my shiny new X100V. As I went for black I'm worried every time I set the thing down on anything but a pillow. I know it's going to get some wear and tear at some point but I'd like to keep it nice if possible. I've looked at some lovely ones on Etsy but over £200 is a bit steep! Any suggestions from first hand experience? I'm making myself dizzy from googling.

You could pick up an XC 35mm f/2 for £169 from various places. I've got one myself. I haven't used it a great deal yet, but it seems good for the price.

Thanks Garry. For low light shooting I'd probably be better with my 18-55 with OIS.

It's another one to add to the mix though.

Hi all.
I've been walking around with a xt1 and 35mm for a while now and fancy something a bit wider. Torn between a 16mm 2.8 and a 18-55 2.8/4. Anybody uses either and can give a bit of recommendation on them. Currently got a 35mm f2 and a adapted 50mm 1.8.
Cheers

Hi all.
I've been walking around with a xt1 and 35mm for a while now and fancy something a bit wider. Torn between a 16mm 2.8 and a 18-55 2.8/4. Anybody uses either and can give a bit of recommendation on them. Currently got a 35mm f2 and a adapted 50mm 1.8.
Cheers

Never tried the 16 2.8, but the 1.4 is one of Fuji's best. The 18-55 is a great little lens, sharp & light. My son "borrowed" mine about 3 years ago, I haven't seen it since!!

Morning all. I'm looking for a bit of advice on a half case for my shiny new X100V. As I went for black I'm worried every time I set the thing down on anything but a pillow. I know it's going to get some wear and tear at some point but I'd like to keep it nice if possible. I've looked at some lovely ones on Etsy but over £200 is a bit steep! Any suggestions from first hand experience? I'm making myself dizzy from googling.
Having looked at the options and needing it fast (my Kaza X-T3 and X-H1 cases came on the very 'slow boat from China' so couldnt wait for an X100 case) I decided to pass the cheapo ones on Amazon and go for the Fujifilm original full case.

I managed to get a used (WEX) Fuji original case for my silver X100V and left the top half in the box as the bean counting wizards in the land of the Rising Sun forgot to allow a bit more leather so you cannot close it with the weather resistant kit fitted. But, in fairness, I never use complete cases.

It is really good, fits exactly, adds a bit more grip and protects the bottom plate. Plus it looks really nice on the camera.

Hi all.
Cheers

Another (y) for the 18-55mm zoom. Lovely sharp lens, ridiculously small and light, and the OIS can be really handy.

Another (y) for the 18-55mm zoom. Lovely sharp lens, ridiculously small and light, and the OIS can be really handy.

My thoughts exactly Andrea, I love that little lens and optically it's excellent.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I wonder why I couldn't see that one.

Anyway, I shall sleep on it.

I went for it :eek:

I'm frankly amazed

I've done no processing other than into LR and export as jpeg

A tapestry thing I have on the wall at f5.6
_DSF5037 by Simon, on Flickr

minimum focus at f1.4
_DSF5036 by Simon, on Flickr

Last edited:
The thing that is drawing me to the 16 is the WR of it. Think that would go nicely with a xt1.

Been a bit quiet on the photography front lately and the last time I was on here, I was reporting the loss of my X100f. So thought I'd post something more positive. Been catching up on processing etc so a few recent ones that I'm happy with.

Torridon by G.A.D, on Flickr

Teesdale by G.A.D, on Flickr

Hedgehope 2 by G.A.D, on Flickr

Milkyway - Weardale by G.A.D, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've sent my 55-200 back to Fuji to see if they can adjust out the softness on the right hand side.

On the way back from the post office we stopped at the playground, which turned out to be the same colours as my son's outfit. He was only still enough for me to take 2 shots, but I was really pleased with this one.

Green and yellow by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

Pricing algorithms change all the time but this link was the one I used.

(remember, 'You don't have to put on the red light'.....just press the buy it now button!).

i have been using this site who have some great prices i have just got the 50mm f 0.95 artisan lens the build quality is excelllent

Last edited:
I have a question regarding using shutter priority on my H-X1. when I set my camera up for birds in flight, on a nicely bright day. I set iso to auto, aperture set to auto, and anything 2000 and above for shutter speed. I check the histogram and it’s showing well exposed bell Curve in the center not clipping either side. Meter is in the middle. All looks good in the view finder but when I take the shot, it comes out really dark under exposed. Can anyone explain Why this is happening? am I missing somthing obvious?

Last edited:
I have a question regarding using shutter priority on my H-X1. when I set my camera up for birds in flight, on a nicely bright day. I set iso to auto, aperture set to auto, and anything 2000 and above for shutter speed. I check the histogram and it’s showing well exposed bell Curve in the center not clipping either side. Meter is in the middle. All looks good in the view finder but when I take the shot, it comes out really dark under exposed. Can anyone explain Why this is happening? am I missing somthing obvious?
What is the ISO limit set to in auto mode?

Hi, I've picked an X10 up on impulse relatively cheaply in the hope I can use a wifi sd card to transfer images onto phone, has anyone done this successfully a d if so could you recommend a card.
Thanks

If you're shooting BIF, surely you need to add some Exposure Compensation? You're pointing the lens at the sky.....

Back