The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

very nice ,I have one in silver but not used it for 4 years they really do move when you want them too :)
Rob.
Excellent Rob, have you owned it long? What year is yours..? The Silver is a lovely colour..!

Yes, they really can move for a big Maxi-Scooter, so smooth, lush comfort and decent ABS brakes too boot. Great storage. I've put 800 miles on mine in four weeks, my V-Strom is hardly getting a look in at the minute...

mac

It's about 2005 had it around 13 years it's locked away in my photo studio I bought this Harley but did not want to sell the silver wing the Harley is 2008 I don't use it much either 300 miles in 8 years
Rob.

P2150005-SMALL.jpg

Nice.
300 miles in 8 years?
Such a waste.
It is, i should use them a lot more really the problem is when i go birding often it involves bad tracks or cinder type tracks just not safe for 2 wheels .
Rob.

Can't find my scooter pics .

Last edited:
Panasonic release a new full frame camera today and I want it. No reason or need, I think I just want a new toy.

Found them it has an after market screen and wind deflectors fitted.6A5D1777.JPG6A5D1795.JPG6A5D1796.jpg

Kinda gassing for a Sigma 12-24 again. I have an 18mm and a FF fisheye, but they don't hit the same spot.

A modern 135 f1.8 would also be nice. :rolleyes:

Forgive me for I have sinned, again ...

Bought some IR filters, I really am running out of things to buy ;)

I hope usedlens is helping a bit.

It’s not in profit and I’ve still no real income in last six months...

But Have sold the Q2 today and the x1d won’t be far behind. Then I’ll order a wide lens and I’ll actually have some money left over..

I can’t afford to buy new gear without selling old :)

Last edited:
In one area you're a professional and the other an amateur. QED.

Pretty much but since the weekend the GAS has subsided a bit, I no longer want a new guitar, in fact after trying out that Epiphone (and looked at a few others in the shop) I realised what a selection I have and I actually appreciate them more since. Even that Roadworn seems like a step above most of the ones in the store.

Pretty much but since the weekend the GAS has subsided a bit, I no longer want a new guitar, in fact after trying out that Epiphone (and looked at a few others in the shop) I realised what a selection I have and I actually appreciate them more since. Even that Roadworn seems like a step above most of the ones in the store.

I like odd shaped guitars: had a couple of Vs, still have an 80s Washburn A20V and a 70s doublecut, still have my daughter's Dean Baby Z, had a Godin Radiator, a Switch, a First Act Lola, 70's El Maya. There's a lot of guitars out there, but not *that* many great ones and even those from good brands like Gibson, PRS, Fender, Heritage etc aren't always special. So I loved the idea of a Gibson V, but the one I had *felt* like a budget Chinese built guitar and had some odd overtones that I couldn't get rid of - the Dean V (£75 on Ebay) was a much better player and sounded far better after a pickup swap. Owned a Heritage H150 for a decade, but nothing I did ever made it sound like the Les paul I wanted & I traded it after acquiring a Japanese-market-only Love Rock '59 replica that WAS the Les Paul I wanted.

I find it hard buying guitars because my eyes want to make the selection, rather than leaving it up to the hands and ears.

Anyway, Sigma 12-24 has arrived. :D

I came very close today, Nearly bought an A7III and a couple of lenses as an upgrade from an a6300, didn't go through with it. Have a feeling the craving is not over yet though...

Pretty much as wide as you can go with a zoom and without going fisheyed. VERY well corrected as far as rectilinear distortion goes but (as the laws of physics dictate) the perspective is pretty extreme! Some copies were apparently softer at the edges and corners than others so try the actual lens you'll be buying before parting with the cash (if possible) (my suspicion is that there were fewer bad copies than disgruntled buyers - one of the major players at the time might have been "recycling" items returned as faulty since they were probably on cash with order terms with some suppliers.)

got a 18-70 Nikon lens this week don't know why as haven't used camera this year

Possibly on my wish list, be interested to see what you think.

This is the MkI version in A mount (with Sony LA-EA4 adapter) used for £220, rather than the spanky new version in FE mount. I previously owned this in Nikon mount, but Nikon lenses suck on budget adapters, so I flogged it. This one is similarly sharp to the last, very slightly decentred if you look really hard (nothing like one I tried in Canon mount from a seller here last year, who's lens was terrible). It's definitely not as sharp as the Samyang 18 f1.8 that I'd planned to flog to pay for this but now wish to keep, but it's perfectly acceptable for everything but the largest, closest examined prints.

I'd say grab one if you can: either A mount if you can find one (Wex had a MkII for £369, but sold it recently) or in Canon mount for use with an MC11. Try usedlens.co.uk to help track one down, and 'buy Dan a coffee' to say thankyou.

Last edited:
Must admit that after shooting my Tamron 17-28 today at f2.8 mostly at 24mm.
I’m gassing for the 24mm GM again (I’ve had it twice before)

Must admit that after shooting my Tamron 17-28 today at f2.8 mostly at 24mm.
I’m gassing for the 24mm GM again (I’ve had it twice before)
love that lens. I have also owned it twice
You've both owned it twice??! Is it still Gear Acquisition Syndrome if you manage to sell some gear? I'm not very good at getting rid of stuff but have just filled in a form to get a quote....

I am wondering whether to trade in my Canon R and possibly also my 5D4 for the R5. I am nervous about moving on from my 5D4, it is such a good camera, but I do love the features of mirrorless and it's smaller and lighter, not to mention more whizzy.

@Bebop

I’ve traded loads of gear to get where I am today. No doubt I’ll continue to do so. I’ve got MPB on speed dial...at least it feels like it sometimes..

You've both owned it twice??! Is it still Gear Acquisition Syndrome if you manage to sell some gear? I'm not very good at getting rid of stuff but have just filled in a form to get a quote....

I am wondering whether to trade in my Canon R and possibly also my 5D4 for the R5. I am nervous about moving on from my 5D4, it is such a good camera, but I do love the features of mirrorless and it's smaller and lighter, not to mention more whizzy.

I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve switched systems, sometimes doubling back.

I love photography, but I also love my gadgets just as much. So the gear is a big part for me.

Back