The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
as you may have read, I sent my Nikon D300 to NIKON Repair Centre

they responded quickly with a Send Free label: a few days later i got that dreaded email
'' due to the age of the camera model, we are no longer able to source the required parts ...
Therefore, your camera has sadly been deemed beyond repair ''

at least they mailed it back FOC..............(y)

GAS strikes - just 2 days later I'm surfing eBay and all the Used dealers

today I pressed the ''Pay'' button and once again I have a Nikon D300 ( my 3rd one... :thinking: )
in vgc with a Shutter Count:- 35,210
tn_01.jpg

now comes the waiting.................:tumbleweed:

OP
Chipper
Edit My Images
No
Well done! How many shutter clicks did you have on the recently deceased one?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Well done! How many shutter clicks did you have on the recently deceased one?......
i dont know but its serial number is 2.084.746
the new one is 4.146.329 ... so younger at 35K shutter

just hoping its as good as stated

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Just looking at a used X100 even though I don't need another camera. Already got two DSLRs, one fitted with a 35mm prime and the other fitted with a 28-300mm. Also have a Canon G7X for small and portable. So I have most of what I want, covered. Just not get getting the user experience, with my current stuff. I wonder if a used Fuji X100, will give me the fun user experience I am missing? Or will I find an X100 a little limiting?

Last edited:

AZ6

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I need to sell some recent GAS purchases, to fund the purchase of a Nikon F3. Preferably the F3/T. So, another £200-300 for no functional benefit whatsoever (over the standard F3), bar maybe a bit lighter. But, Titanium....

Fuji Dave

Rainbow
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Thought I`d upgrade my phone, so got the Huawei P30 Pro and loving the camera in it already.
Just got to think whether to get the XF16mm f1.4 again.

Last edited:
Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
Currently planning to pick up a Yamaha THR or Vox Adio for home practice now we're pretty much sorted out a room for me. It's not *exactly* GAS because it's part of a plan and useful, rather than simply lusting after 'new, shiny'.

Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
Currently planning to pick up a Yamaha THR or Vox Adio for home practice now we're pretty much sorted out a room for me. It's not *exactly* GAS because it's part of a plan and useful, rather than simply lusting after 'new, shiny'.
I got the Spark this week, already have the THR. It’s like THR on steroids. Sounds good but I think the Yamaha sounds nicer. The Spark seems to have too much bottom end that I can’t dial out.

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
I don't know anything about the Spark, though I can fix that.... ;)

At the moment the Vox Adio seems like the obvious choice: better tones than the original THR & a semi-semsible price (the new THR is quite a lot for a home-only practice amp, and it doesn't strike me as *that* much of an update to justify. The original THR was amazing at the time, but was starting to look realy wrinkly.

OK, 50min on t'internet, general conclusion seems to be the Spark has amazing software but boxy, over-bassy digital modelling amp-type tones, while the Yamaha actually sounds like a real amp. I tend to be a 'feel' player, and suspect I'll play much more & better if I enjoy the sounds, rather than being wow'd by the software.

Last edited:
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
I don't know anything about the Spark, though I can fix that.... ;)

At the moment the Vox Adio seems like the obvious choice: better tones than the original THR & a semi-semsible price (the new THR is quite a lot for a home-only practice amp, and it doesn't strike me as *that* much of an update to justify. The original THR was amazing at the time, but was starting to look realy wrinkly.

OK, 50min on t'internet, general conclusion seems to be the Spark has amazing software but boxy, over-bassy digital modelling amp-type tones, while the Yamaha actually sounds like a real amp. I tend to be a 'feel' player, and suspect I'll play much more & better if I enjoy the sounds, rather than being wow'd by the software.
That's exactly it, the Spark is a better practice tool, but sonically it's not the best. For me it is a better tool because my playing sucks so that works for me.