The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

Its has been a heavy month on the G.A.S. having added Olympus Red Dot Sight a Silver, OMD-EM5 MK1, Nikon D750, Nikon Df, NikonAis 105mm f1.8, Tamron 28mm f2.5 with Fuji mount, plus Fujifilm STX 1 with 55mm and 28mm Fujinon a 13"MacBook pro, Fuji X-T4 is also on its way.
And Black Friday hasn't arrived yet :(oh and half a dozen photography books and guides are due this week

oh forgot half a dozen various camera bags/backpacks !
Well i have store this new gear somewhere as I've no shelf space left :(oh add a new iPad to that list !

Its has been a heavy month on the G.A.S. having added Olympus Red Dot Sight a Silver, OMD-EM5 MK1, Nikon D750, Nikon Df, NikonAis 105mm f1.8, Tamron 28mm f2.5 with Fuji mount, plus Fujifilm STX 1 with 55mm and 28mm Fujinon a 13"MacBook pro, Fuji X-T4 is also on its way.
And Black Friday hasn't arrived yet :(oh and half a dozen photography books and guides are due this week

Are you opening a shop? [emoji15][emoji23]

Did you rob a bank?

LBA has got the better of me again & I've added a FF 18-28 to my collection. Foolishly I then left the screen on my E-bay purchases (including hidden items) & my Wife browsed my history :oops: :$

I think she's going on a spending spree now.

Last edited:
24mm 1.4 GM incoming and I don't usually take photos of trees and green s***, guess i'd better start :rolleyes::confused:

So, I thought I was done. I really did. After a few years acquiring Nikon dslr's (850 and 810) and various high end lenses, i truly felt happy with my setup. I still do.

So, why the hell am I getting ever closer to deciding to buy a Z6II mirrorless? Arggh.

So, I thought I was done. I really did. After a few years acquiring Nikon dslr's (850 and 810) and various high end lenses, i truly felt happy with my setup. I still do.

So, why the hell am I getting ever closer to deciding to buy a Z6II mirrorless? Arggh.
Until I could get back courtside, I kept wanting an R5 - fortunately, there were none in stock - so perhaps this GAS is a Covid thing. Try going out for walks with a lens you don't use very much for a while. Worked for me earlier in the first lockdown.

I gave in to GAS and bough a new lens Sigma 24mm f1.4 :)

The BG when wide open is just milky smooth

pbmhlMQ.jpg

Les

I had a kind of epiphany last night while taking a wee (I have my best ideas with my hands on .... lol ), anyway, I realise all my life I like hobbies where there is some product at the end of it. I have always loved Lego, and I don't smash it up once built. My first degree was in Architecture, I like the satisfaction of building something, I did Law as a detour in my life, there is a product in that career but not as tangible. I take wedding photos, I love taking photos and during lockdown, at the start I would have thought I would spend all the time playing computer games but in actual fact I did none of that. In fact, I am not bothered about computer games to the point I never even bothered pre-ordering any of the new consoles. Instead I bought a new Guitar, new Amp over the lockdown. The other thing I have leaned on is cooking, making lots of things I have missed from my travel to eat at home. Right now I am thinking getting a Synth to make random sounds, again GAS for things to make things.

I had a kind of epiphany last night while taking a wee (I have my best ideas with my hands on .... lol ), anyway, I realise all my life I like hobbies where there is some product at the end of it. I have always loved Lego, and I don't smash it up once built. My first degree was in Architecture, I like the satisfaction of building something, I did Law as a detour in my life, there is a product in that career but not as tangible. I take wedding photos, I love taking photos and during lockdown, at the start I would have thought I would spend all the time playing computer games but in actual fact I did none of that. In fact, I am not bothered about computer games to the point I never even bothered pre-ordering any of the new consoles. Instead I bought a new Guitar, new Amp over the lockdown. The other thing I have leaned on is cooking, making lots of things I have missed from my travel to eat at home. Right now I am thinking getting a Synth to make random sounds, again GAS for things to make things.
Insight always deserves a reward in my book. Have at it!

Wot? No incidences of GAS, acute or chronic for over a year?

Oh darn...simply wasn’t paying attention...:oops: :$

Last edited:
I appear to have dipped my toe into the 100mm square filter pond - a K&F concept soft ND 0.9 grad & holder...

If the performance of the filter is as impressive as the packaging, I'll be a happy bunny. Just need to be "not at work" when it's daylight now

I appear to have dipped my toe into the 100mm square filter pond - a K&F concept soft ND 0.9 grad & holder...

If the performance of the filter is as impressive as the packaging, I'll be a happy bunny. Just need to be "not at work" when it's daylight now

I’ve heard that pond can get quite deep [emoji848][emoji2]

I'm working on the basis of a soft, hard & reverse grad at the moment... I can be strong, I know I can, just this last one and I'll stop :cool:

I'm working on the basis of a soft, hard & reverse grad at the moment... I can be strong, I know I can, just this last one and I'll stop :cool:

I am going to bet that more than one strength of each category will be on the cards soon...

As it should be, a natural progression[emoji6]

Gas strikes again :( purchased a number of Nikon/Fuji books and mags also purchased my first PC lens Nikon 28mm f2.8 and a Yashica J Reflex 35 with a 5 cm f1:2 lens I have been looking for this lens for a number of years so pleased to be able to add to my collection.
And today I should be getting my Ensign 820 medium format 6x6-6x9 folding film camera that's if Royal Mail can deliver on time ??

Are you opening a shop? [emoji15][emoji23]

Your not the first one to ask that but I don't think I can bring myself to sell anything else :( I'm still grieving after selling my beloved GOLD plated limited edition Nikon FA:(:eek:

And then there's the one with band across the middle whose name escapes me right now...

Hmmm. Not totally sure what happened. But I’ve added an Olympus EM1 mk3, 17mm f1.2 and 12-40 f2.8..

..and a used compact with 24mpix sensor and 28mm f1.7 lens. Begins will L

... and would that be a 10 stop, or a 6, maybe a 3 as well, just in case? :exit: :ROFLMAO:
Don't forget the 15 for those bright sunny days. :cool:
I already have a 6, 12 & 16 in rounds of suitable diameter - 3 seems hardly either bothering with - just use the 6 & increase the ISO by 3 stops (I tend to always be in the 50-200 range - so 3 stops only takes me to 1600)

Back